There is a simple reason that Blood Warden is the best perk in the game.

Options
Triforcer
Triforcer Member Posts: 177

Its actually NOT the 0K to 4K play itself. I mean yes - there is no other perk in the game where you can watch 3 or 4 people stand at the exit gate for 60 seconds, all knowing they will die and there is absolutely nothing they can do about it. That is the most exhilarating feeling in DBD.

But that happens - at most - once every 8 or 10 games. Blood Warden offers a killer something no other perk in the game does, something far more valuable - hope until the very end.

If you are at end game, there are four people left,, the gate 99ed, you KNOW that - absent a truly monumental screwup - you are getting a 0K or a 1K. And unless the person you have hooked is very far from a gate, probably a 0K. The game is over, you are just managing your depression until the inevitable defeat.

With Blood Warden, you are never out of the game. There is ALWAYS a chance something interesting could happen. You could get that 4K. You could at least have a fun game of chopping people at the gate, carrying them, watching them get rescued as you go to the next survivor at the gate, and vice versa. Every game - until Blood Warden is gone - offers possibility.

I've played this game since 2018, and never once - in the last 5 years - have I ever taken Blood Warden out of a single build. It is hope incarnate - run it.

Comments

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,067
    Options

II especially love it when you take care looking like an idiot and see survivors nag you and "bully" you, certain of their superiority.

Meanwhile, carefully, you are setting up the play.

You eat pallets, you get blinded, you can't hit, you can't kill. Only just miss like a foolish killer.

They do the gens with ease and they open the doors, still mocking you, following you away from the doors. Click click click.

And then it's time. You get one hit, then another and you hook your first one as they keep laughing. Surely it was only beginner's luck.

Now they are dead and they don't even know it.

They still act like monkeys for a while, shaking their butts at you as you smile and watch.

Finally their puny brains finally see the play.

One, two, three … the beautiful flowers pop and they die, twisted.

Will I try again tonight?

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 528
    Options

Haven't used blood warden in years but damn I've been inspired to get a blood warden 4k tonight!

• joel84
    joel84 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Is this a bait? I mean, look at your headline. BW is definitely not the best perk in the game. This perk just has too much counterplay and can be countered 99% of the time (Exitgate, which has been around for years, is boring and annoying) .... the likelihood of anything interesting happening is so low that it's not worth grabbing this perk anymore. Unless it gets reworked.

• lucidlux
    lucidlux Member Posts: 56
    Options

The best thing about blood warden is that exists, and 99% of the time it isn't used but is still respected..because you know that one time you don't…the killer will have it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 8,969
    Options

To me, it is the survivor looking back at you teabagging while running face first into BW blockers.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,146
    Options

OP should of added subway surfer next to the small wall of text as to why he perceives it as the best perk.