Year 8 was very good in terms of new Chapters

Options

End Transmission was very unique with Singularity, while the killer was forgotten for the most part, still one of the most unique original killers with cool power.

Alien is one of the biggest licenses ever got into this game and that fact itself is awesome. While Alien's power isn't something super interesting, still a good killer that has some unique elements to them.

Chucky is prob my favorite addition this year, while having most unique base kit stats (3rd person, tiny body) and simple but fun to use chase power. And can't forget the cool voice lines!

And lastly the Unknown that gave us prob my favorite lore Killer this year and most popular original Survivor, Sabel! Innvocation is also cool new perk type, sadly its yet to be buffed or changed to make it worth while. Unknown itself is also quite good killer even tho it's prob my least favorite this year.

Finishing off we got two new extra DLC Survivors, Nic Cage which is just wild and I bet 99% people including me never expected something like this and Alan Wake which I don't much care about atm, he at least have one nice perk to use (Champ of Light).

Overall I would give this year 8/10 for new DLCs. NONE of the new killers are weak btw, which is also a nice plus.

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,432
    Options

I agree. It's been a very strong year. BHVR have done well with their DLCs, we've been very fortunate. As excited as I had been for Alien, I think End Transmission was my favourite year 8 chapter.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 358
    Options

meh. End transmission sucked as an anniversary chapter. Didn’t buy any of the characters and made for this was ridiculous. Alien chapter was cool: cool killer and cool survivor. bought both No complaints there as alien is very fun to play. I hate playing vs chucky and didn’t buy him so not a fan of that chapter. And then I only bought sable mainly for her perks. She’s a cool survivor but I don’t play her. And I’m not a fan of playing vs unknown and I didn’t buy him. So in my opinion only 1 good chapter. Hopefully this next year is good🙏

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    Options

Interesting. What you don't like about Singu, Chucky and Unknown?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

It was a decent year, absolutely. Also take into account Alan Wake made his appearance too.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,281
    edited April 20
    Options

I mentioned Alan with Cage there in the end, but to me its the least exciting license this year. Maybe once I finaly sit to his game(s) might care about him more.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,612
    Options

It was a great year for DLC, but as a huge Alien fan I can't help but feel the Alien DLC was the most disappointing :(

• Heliosse
    Heliosse Member Posts: 74
    Options

Alien is by far my favorite chapter ever, chucky is very solid, end transmission is one of my favorite, singularity is such a great design it's unreal. And possibly the weakest for me but still good, all things wicked. When a chapter that great is the weakest, yeah, Behaviour has done a great job imo.

This year was phenomenal, the only chapters i trully disliked were portrait of murder, all kill and tools of torment, the rest is at least great or more.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,284
    Options

Brought Alien but got bored of playing him. Meh year for me personally. Community wise, the game is on an upwards trajectory as most people loved year 8 it seems.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,200
    Options

Alien really needs to get her tail attack looked at. It was kinda OP but fun on release but now it’s unsatisfying to use especially with the bugs..

but yeah, chapters were great! Would have still preferred Julian instead of Sable, making him pretty much a male version of Sable with aesthetics etc would have been cool

Also looking forward to year 9 chapters and hopefully more base content not tied to new characters. They already said new surv items and offering reworks will come so.. I am still naively hopeful.

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 358
    Options

first of all I forgot about nick cage and Alan wake were chapters😭😭. So I did buy Nick cage but I passed on Mr wake. Chucky I just hate playing vs him that I wouldn’t want to play him. Same for singularity. And unknown I just would suck with him.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,996
    Options

For me this year would have been perfect if Xeno's tail attack was something else entirely or worked differently. It's something we've had before, multiple times (shred, punishment of the damned, artist crows, nemesis whip). That held Xeno back for me, because I like how the tunnels and turrets work.

For someone who wanted Pinhead and Xeno in the game since 2018, Pinhead is the only one that's lived up to my hype fully.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,237
    Options

To be fair I don't see any of those killers being played much nowadays. Chucky was the only one with any staying power; Hux, Xeno and Unknown were dropped VERY quickly.

As far as survivors, Sable's the only one that I see that much; Ellens and Gabes are pretty rare.

Perkwise we had Made for This and Ultimate Weapon which were both OP for ages and annoying to go against, and besides those the only noteworthy perks really were one or two of Chucky's ones. We also got the godawful garbage-tier Invocation which also caused issues in games.

Yes we got two BIG licences, but overall I'd say last year was pretty meh in terms of having a lasting effect on the game.