BHVR should focus on eradicating bugs even if it means stopping the game once.

Options
Tsukihi
Tsukihi Member Posts: 49
edited April 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

It's not new, but I think there are too many bugs.
Even if you stop updating once, you should focus on eradicating the huge number of bugs.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,817
    Options

Literally every patch notes has a list of bug fixes. It's not that BHVR isn't fixing bugs, it's that a lot of times new bugs get introduced as they add more content to the game. New content is what helps keep the game fresh and playerbase engaged. I don't think you realize how quickly DBD would die if BHVR just stopped introducing new stuff just to focus solely on fixing bugs.

• Tsukihi
    Options
    In the first place, you should do a playtest before implementing it.
    In which world are there games where event items cannot be used?

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 415
    Options

No matter how BhVR is, they should have done an immediate kill switch on the Glitches with Potential Energy and Endurance bugs. Are the survivors who are exploiting these bugs to increase their ranks blameless?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,431
    Options

They very rarely killswitch perks. There was a glitch with Merciless Storm last year that took about 2 months to fix, whereby missing a skill check took the gen from almost finished straight down to 0%. It wasn't killswitched.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,083
    edited April 20
    Options

This game desperately needs a break from new content and an update that solely focusses on fixing problems in the code.

Its not ok, that problems reoccur that often (vault distance) and that every update brings a bunch of new seemingly unrelated bugs with it.

Id be fine with one major chaper being a "clean up"-chapter and not a new character. I think the game would profit massively in the long run.

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 549
    Options

I agree to some degree (Hey! That rhymes…) But in reality, if BHVR stopped releasing new content for the sake of bug fixing only, the community and players would go ballistic. They've become so accustomed that they're getting something constantly for (almost) free and have taken so much for granted what BHVR has done for the game. I'm not saying all would do this, but most will.

It's a lose/lose-situation for BHVR right now if they do that.

BHVR keeps fixing bugs relatively often, though. And they've been doing somewhat good job at that considering the size of their team (they're not a huge AAA-studio) and balancing between releasing new content and fixes. And they really do react pretty fast if something is really, REALLY broken by using "killswitch" compared to other games and studios *cough cough*Blizzard Bethesda*cough cough*

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,254
    Options

Do this and have a bunch of content creators saying the game is boring and nothing new is being added coupled with a ton of people complaining the game is stale and they need new content.

After than when a new killer or event is released people will literally complain regardless of the quality of the update because " all this time without content and they deliver this?", dbd players will complain and habe a tantrum regardless of what bhvr does, it has been a literal track record since 2016.

Why should bhvr do this change if the community will be as unhappy and whinny but they will get less money as a company due to less chapters per year? Literally shooting yourself in the foot.

• Killing_Time
    Killing_Time Member Posts: 892
    Options

And stop the money flow from cosmetics and new killers? Not a chance in… you know the rest

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

I would agree! One giant update to fix bugs is needed. Even if they can have a separate team focus just on that. That don’t even have to stop or break from making the chapter, go for it but in between somewhere soon, do one big patch of bug fixes.

There’s a lot of bugs right now more than what I am use to seeing in this game. Definitely frustrating for sure.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,083
    Options

I think the game would benifit massively in the long run. Even streamers have to see that.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 415
    Options

Yes, I did. I stopped playing Survivor during that period. As for playing Killer myself, I'm still good enough to remove the perk that I suspect is buggy and glitched.

The current buggy situation with the survivor perk makes me hesitate to play because even if I play survivor, I could unfairly benefit from the abuse of the glitches. To me it is more serious than the killer park bug.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 306
    Options

Which was insane. 100% should have been kill switched. BHVR should be a bit more aggressive with using it when something is that game breaking. If they kill switched for every bug though, then everyone would realize what a buggy mess this game is, assuming they have not already.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

yea very interesting how blight has had multiple impactful bugs for quite a while, but they find the time to fix hug tech

• dbdplayerabc123
    dbdplayerabc123 Member Posts: 58
    edited April 21
    Options

I seriously don't understand the sheer amount of ppl complaining of bugs. I rarely experience any and if I do I move on with my match and my life. I think some ppl just play so weird, and are bad at the game, so they blame everything on bugs.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Tsukihi
    Options
    While we were talking about this, another fatal bug was discovered. The developers here aren't even able to make games properly. You should close the game now and focus all your efforts on eliminating the deadly bug.