BGP has its counter - and it isn't only Lightborn :)

Options
vBlossom_
vBlossom_ Member Posts: 282

When I was browsing the forum, I came across many posts that the combination of BGP and Flashbang cannot be countered in any way except by taking Lightborn, and the killers said they did not want to occupy one slot with this perk.
I decided to take a look at Twitter to see some excerpts from the survivor's and the killer's perspective.

First counter: Lightborn (obviously).

You bring this perk, all flashbangs/flashlights are countered, EOT.

Second counter: Fire Up.

This perk can mess with survivors pickup times and even after changes of blinds, survivors have harder time to blind the killer. This can also help with pallet stuns as they should be even more precise.

Here are some clips:

Third counter: Infectious Fright.

I've noticed that a lot of clips with "insane BGP value!!!" from survivor side have them in terror radius on down.

Let's see some of them:

All of that saves could be countered by using Infectious Fright:

This perk could reveal survivors that are nearby to alert killer for BGP.

Forth Counter: Forced Hesitation (maybe)?

This perk looks like it was specifically made to counter BGP. But I don't know if those 16m aren't too small for that maybe? What are your opinions on those perks?

I think this perk is not that bad to counter as some people may want it seem to be.

What are your opinions on those perks, maybe you have other clips with BGP that could be analyzed in terms of "how could that save be prevented"?

Comments

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 987
    Options

The counter to pallet saves, sabotage, blinds is to not hook.

• goodfriday
    goodfriday Member Posts: 209
    edited April 22
    Options

it half counter not hard counter=it still gives blind which is annoying. Calm spirit is also a garbage perk still because your opening chest/cleanse/blessing totems at -30%. and even funnier that the whole bless/open/cleanse silently is pointless when your injured lol your making noise. So bvhr should look into fixing that buff(more of nerf) that no one asked for from 6.1 with this perk. All the starter survivors all have rubbish perks now.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

I commend you for your efforts here but these perks might stop background player every once in a while at best. Background players give survivors blight level speed. A slightly faster pickup not gonna stop it consistently enough to be call a counter

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

I'm actually suprised to see so little killers still don't just go with full slug builds. When you look at the win conditions, slugging is the fastest and most efficient a killer can play. "Good" killers shouldn't care about BPs, Pips and the survivors fun. And yes, slugging is obv the best counter to potential BGP aswell.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,043
    edited April 22
    Options
  • appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 987
    edited April 22
    Options

Slugging has weaknesses too. Going for a 4 man slug is kinda high risk high reward. One unbreakable or Exponential can reset all your pressure. Maps also affect your ability to snowball such as RPD, midwitch etc.

The optimal play is to focus hook states on one Survivor, let another Survivor totally bleed out and have the other two keep rotating between picking up slugs, unhooks and doing gens, however it is quite tempting to go for that 4 man slug at times.

I had 3 Survivors slugged in RPD as Trapper but the last Survivor had WGLF and Unbreakable which let him quick pick up everyone and they eventually got a 4man out. While I didn't keep track of my downs, I got enough downs with Surge that the middle gen exceeded 8 regression states which puts me at 9-10 downs. Looking back, focusing hooks on one Survivor in between slugs would have put me in a better spot, but I got greedy.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,043
    Options

Only for survivors to turn around and cry about getting slugged all the time 🙄

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 401
    Options

Because it's high risk high reward strategy and certainly requires all of good tracking and high chase power with map mobility

not something easy to have for most killers

• GeneralSkien
    GeneralSkien Member Posts: 100
    Options

I hate that BGP is a bully squad perk when its so fun to move at that speed. I love using it to reposition myself to a better part of the map, and its just so fun. I do understand it needs a change, but I wish they were able to keep the speed and duration, while making it less problematic somehow. Maybe have it activate on getting unhooked so its an anti tunnel?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,733
    Options

how does fire up counter people doing pallet saves with the perk there’s genuinely no counterplay to that besides hoping the people you are playing against are bad at the game