Playing againts SM is pointless

Options
OneGoodBoyDemo
OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 377
edited April 22 in General Discussions

It's pretty well known that SM can still hold a match for a very long time and the people who deny this because the anti-3gen mechanic exist are completely delusional. She can no longer hold matches for 1 hour, but she can still hold matches longer than most killers, even some whose power is basically slowdown. DBD matches don't last more than 10 minutes generally.

My friend and I just had a match which further reinforces this point. we played against an SM who didn't have a very good start at the match, 3 generators made with 3 hooks and the moment she realized she was going to lose, she started using the 3gen strategy which still has a lot of effect that made her able to turn the game around.

Now things start to get interesting and comical because all the people who defend her say her 3gen is weak but why do all SM still use this strategy if it is not as good as before?

There are SM players who have no intention of playing with her in a way that makes the survivors' games miserable, it's true but when an SM tries to play in a different way, it can cause a possible defeat which makes her return to the 3gen strategy. Every SM when they realize they are losing, uses the 3gen strategy, this is a fact, there is no reason to deny it.

The more the game progresses the SM gets stronger and the strategy of using 3gen is inevitable even though it has no intention of using it. Why would SM leave drones in a dead zone? The more generators are made, the less she is able to use them in other areas where they are of no use to her, but she can get more drones to block an area she is interested in. so 3gen becomes inevitable.

That's why I made this post. Even if an SM Merchant has no intention of using 3gen she will end up using it anyway which makes it quite difficult for solo players.

Some people may come up with an argument that people just didn't want or learned to play against her due to the hate train which I think is invalid. For example, all veteran players know how to play against her and her counters and they all agree that she is not fun to play against, everyone knows that. I can understand a person who likes to play with her but a person who likes to play against her doesn't exist.

The people who defend her should stop with the argument that the people who hate her want to see her destroyed which is a lie. I'm one of the people who hates her but not to the point where I'm in favor of her being completely destroyed or thrown into the F tier as many people assume.

I and a few other players wants her to be in a healthier and more fun state for the game. SM has a lot of potential to be one of the most unique killers in the game with an incredible concept of using drones, which in fact she is, but not in a good way.

all I want is for her to be more fun to play against and healthy for the game in a way that everyone is happy about her.

Comments

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 282
    Options

Singularity is miles better at 3 genning so by that logic there's no point in playing against singularity. She's literally no better at it than Hag that is to say above average but nothing overly remarkable.

• FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 141
    Options

While I do really, REALLY not like SM and think she has an immense amount of problems: 3-Gens aren’t really one of them.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options

Every killer has to force survivors to leave the gen manually, it's true, but some have to make less effort for this to happen. a ghost face holding a 3gen will have to work a lot harder than an SM due to its powers. even stronger killers that are in the A tier like Oni, PH and Wesker cannot hold generators like her even though they are stronger.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options

You are correct, these killers can also use this strategy effectively, however, they are strong enough to not need to use it, so there are not many complaints about them regarding this.

Popularity is also a contributing factor as both are the least played killers in the game, I don't remember the last time I faced these killers or that they used this strategy even though they could.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be revisited in this regard but we know that the central theme of 3-genning has always been SM.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options
  • FrenchBagels
    FrenchBagels Member Posts: 141
    Options

Power that is the Best stealth in the game, that is really hard to coordinate in solo queue, that grants arguably the most annoying injure/hinder, that encourages W gameplay, and basekit haste.

The only thing that can certainly help in 3-Gens is the built in tracking but that’s about it.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options

I understand what you are saying but if we take soloQ into consideration it is not very difficult for survivors to cause a 3-genning due to lack of communication.

Also no killer should give up even if defeat was inevitable. every killer can hold a 3-gen and it's true, the only difference is that there are killers which makes this strategy easier due to their power.

SM can hold the match much longer than killers stronger than her like Oni, PH and Wesker for example. they can hold a 3-gen too but not as effective as SM, Hag and Singu that make games more boring.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 599
    Options

the blight can 3gen better than her btw

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 945
    Options

if we take soloQ into consideration it

That doesn't matter. You most likely had an option to break 3-gen, or your friend. This has nothing to do with soloQ. Unless you want to tell me both of you were chased whole game…

At start of every game you have option to either work in first gen you find, or just try to finish worst gen there is on the map. You most likely chose option A, then went on forum.

If you know killer is good at holding 3-gen, maybe don't give them 3-gen on silver platter…

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 945
    Options

So all killers who have same, or better 3-gen than Merchant:

• Wraith
    • Hillbilly
    • Nurse
    • Hag
    • Huntress (depends on what map)
    • Legion
    • Demogorgon
    • Blight
    • Artist
    • Wesker
    • Knight
    • Singularity
    • Unknown

Most of them have around same 3-gen, but few of those are simply way better than current merchant. Mainly Wesker, Singularity, Wraith.

You can easily do it with Nurse, Blight, or Billy, but kinda why would you?

• GeneralSkien
    GeneralSkien Member Posts: 100
    Options

The removal of active zones were something that was an absolutely needed change, it was way too unhealthy, and Skull Merchant despite her problems is in a much healthier state and could benefit from some small tweaks.

THAT BEING SAID… Crouch. Just crouch to gens and she is no better at holding gens than blight or nurse. Or don't play into a three gen, if you see a skull merchant setting up a 3 gen then stop her in her tracks. A majority of three gens happen because of negligence, awareness matters!

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 401
    edited April 22
    Options

It's strange how people claims SM is unbeatable or even pretend she is good at 3 genning, she isn't

there is more than a dozen killers that is better at 3 gen and also stronger at chase, at this point I think people just have PTSD in SM herself and not her actual power, pretty horror-ish I guess

Nurse or blight is miles better at 3gen situations because they can counter W holding strat fairly nicely, though