If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do You Think the Unknown is Undertuned?

Options

I really do enjoy the Unknown, everything they can do is great… But they feel ineffective, powerless at times.

It feels like the UVX projectile is unusable at many tiles, and at tiles where it's only usable because of ricochet, then it's entirely luck-based as the bounce physics are unreliable when applied to anything but a straight, flat wall.

Beyond that, it feels like weakness is cleansed SO FAST, and the killer doesn't actually have any good to stay out of sight. Maybe that'd be a good place to put the crawl it has in the lobby and mori animations, so it can actually play that sort of in-chase stealth game?

The hallucinations are the most reliable part of his power, and they rely on survivors not getting rid of them, so that's really not a good thing to have as the most stable function you have.

Do you think they should increase the time it takes to cleanse weakness? I'm not going to suggest increasing the blast radius of the UVX, but maybe the Hindered duration could get increased?

Comments

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 73
    edited April 22
    Options

I don't think he's undertuned at all. Maybe the hindered part, but other than that, i think his problems come much more from being clunky, janky and ultimately needing too much effort to use effectively (like Singularity, which i feel almost the same when i'm playing).

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

While not an easy killer to use effectively I still wouldn't say Unknown's in the same ballpark of difficulty as Singularity.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 73
    edited April 22
    Options

I don't think he's that difficult. My problem really comes with the physics behind bounces (Singularity suffers from a similar issue, the slippery pods that sometimes refuse to stick to walls during a chase). It's too much effort and it's sometimes simply beyond your control.

It isn't unplayable by any means, but in a game where every second counts, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 359
    Options

Unknowns fine. He's like bump logic Blight.

If you feel powerless, odds are you haven't played him against bots on that specific tile. You are limited by your own imagination.

Don't actually play against bots, it's unpossible what I mean is ignore them and just shoot at or in things to see what's possible. Some surfaces that you'd think would bounce actually insta explode and vice versa. Sometimes you need an insta splosion and sometimes you want a bounce.

TThis Killer can use play any tile in the game if you're willing to play around the CD and you have the confidence to think you won't miss.

I'm not saying I'm good myself, just that when I fail it feels like a user error on my end.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

Would 100% agree. I think Unknown is the best Killer in a while. They are not the strongest, but for me easily the most fun Killer released since Wesker and also fun to play against. At least I never had a miserable game against an Unknown because of the Kit of this Killer.

And yet it is an A-Tier Killer which is not overly hard to play (but also not super easy to play so that you know how to play them after just a few games).

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 881
    Options

I can say he is a very bad killer

His halucinations teleports is better than hit UVX, and this is not good

And the pice of the cake, he is not console friendly

He is gonna join singularity, twins party for being the least played killers

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options

I'd put him in B tier and anything in B tier or below needs buffs imo.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,719
    edited April 23
    Options

unknown just right if u ask me. the perfect killer

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Unknown is mostly fine but his cooldown is a bit too long since there can be many cases where there isn't enough LoS breaking. I'd reduce it just by 2 seconds (from 7 to 5 seconds).

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,641
    edited April 23
    Options

i predict that he is going to be next artist. so far Nightlight says he has high pick-rate. for now, I am wrong. let's see how long it holds up.

agree. Another newbie-stomp type killer. I like scottjund idea for buffing him. Make it so that survivor has to not look at the killer. Maybe if you look at the killer, he hinders you. that sounds like a more unique design then current iteration.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options

Yeah I actually love Scotts idea as well. That would make him such a unique experience to face.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    Options

Absolutely not, Unknown is a strong, comfortably A-tier killer that good players can demolish 99.9% of the pub lobbies they get with and that even 4k'd some of the best teams in tournaments. Huge skill expression potential due to bounce behaviour, wallshots, manipulating Hallucination placement, managing line of sight. Oppressively strong in chase and teleports/dispels affording it good map/macro pressure too. Various decent add-ons, albeit none that really push it into S-tier strength (yet also none that are blatantly busted).

Without going into issues and possible adjustments, I will say that the UVX is if not "inconsistent" or "unpredictable", at least far from intuitive. Similar to Xeno's tail attack, I think most of the perceived "difficulty" mostly stems from lack of proper visual feedback. You would have to go into custom games and just practice tons of alignments and how the projectile interacts with various different textures. I think there should be an add-on (or even basekit adjustment) that visualizes the trajectory of the UVX, including its bounce path.

• CarlAlc7
    CarlAlc7 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 90
    Options

I think he's always going to have a higher pick rate than Artist cause his teleport alone makes him more fun to use than her. Also he can damage survivors through different floors levels unlike Artist, so you can do more tricky shots with him than with her.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,323
    Options

I had games with him that felt like he is almost low A tier.

I also had games where I felt like top C tier and every Survivor pretty much knew how to run and dodge 80% of my nades. They never hug a wall so hug shots didn't work, they knew how to play againts him.

So... 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 121
    Options

No, he just gets significantly better than most killers when you play him harshly as his TPs and 3 gen potential with that/ his ability to deal with bad gen spread/ability to drop chases without too much punish frequently and his infect on unhook make him very strong when played to win.

The only thing is he's a killer that forces you to play so much around dbds "Macro game" too see success against good players because unlike the bad killers whos powers don't lean into helping them deal with that part of the game and have to just suffer it he has the tools to be played like alien has with his tunnels and antiloop, Unknows not as good as alien but this put him to at least B tier and probably low A.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,600
    Options

Overtuned in fact.

The easiest projectile killer and also having teleports.

Hitting through walls is lame.

You have to stare at him for ages for removing the power, colliding with objects in the proccess unless you are lucky and spawn in a low cluttered map.

I despise him tbh.

• arcaneGospel
    arcaneGospel Member Posts: 187
    Options

In what way are they the easiest? Through-wall shots and rebounds are pretty difficult to hit, and when just using the projectile raw it's probably one of the easiest to dodge from what I've experienced. Huntress, Slinger, and Trickster just need to throw the projectile at survivors, Unknown has to account for the fact direct hits aren't what gives them value and the shot rebounds off the floor once, so they can overshoot easily.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,865
    Options

I used to think be same way as you before but concluded that I was playing it wrong.

I play mostly PH and, of course, tried to follow the same style of chase and it worked for a few weeks. Now survivors are getting more experience against the killer, so my chases have become way less effective. I put the killer aside for a while but after watching One Pump Willie, it was clear I was not playing to the Unkown's potential. It should be played akin to a hit-and-run, leading weakened survivors to a false sense of security. If you just follow them around, they will be able to remove the status after dodging one UVX.

Here's an example:

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,023
    Options

I feel like Unknown is in a good place the only things I would nag about are QOL type fixes for him not really buffs or nerfs

• scorpia
    scorpia Member Posts: 31
    Options

God no.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 433
    Options

The buffer for cleansing weakness is ridiculous you can break Los and it will keep cleansing for 3-4 seconds they need to tune that and also Hallucinations are very easy to cleanse Unknown only gets 4 and 1 survivor can cleanse 3 in under 15 seconds