If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Do you remember your first match in DBD and How It was?

Options

I remember when I started playing DBD back in 2019 when a friend of mine asked me to play with him ( I will never forgive you for that Arthur ). At that time I didn't even know this game existed or what it was about. So we set up a day to play a bunch of different games and DBD was in the middle of them but on the scheduled day he couldn't show up due to an unforeseen event, so I decided to take a look at the game to at least understand it a little when we were going to play.

In the past, it took too long to find matches, which almost made me abandon the entire game. My first game was quite interesting for a player who knew nothing about the game. so I decided to play survivor first and the first survivor I choose (0 surprise for some) was Feng Min but why? because she was cute. I didn't even know what the perks were for, so I just chose them based on their appearance.

So the game started and what was the first map that appeared to me? the Swamp, the scariest map for a beginner player and who was the first killer I faced? a baby nurse lol.

Do you realize how scared I was in my first game? playing on the darkest and scariest map against a Baby nurse who was screaming the entire game and who also had no idea what she was doing. I stayed in the lockers 90% of the time lol good times.

For a beginner at that time, the game was pure horror, which made me fall in love and stay with it to this day. The game has its flaws but if you're still here today that means it matters to you.

Turns out my friend stopped playing years ago and I'm stuck here to this day.

If you want to know a little about my first killer game, know that the first killer I choose was the doctor. At that time he was quite complicated since he had that two modes between therapy and punishment. so I didn't know anything about what I was doing so I ended up not killing anyone in my first game, I was furious and I never played killer again for 3 months.

I was basically that annoying main survivor who complained about everything about the other side without really knowing them. how embarrassing.

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I don't remember the true first game I played. It was not long after it released and I gave it a go and didn't care for it.

I looked at it again around the time of Deathgarden and didn't care for it.

I got back into it when I saw VLDL (New Zealand comedy group) was going to do some skits on it. I watched some twitch streams about the game, this was around patch 6.1, and decided to try it one more time. First game was as a survivor on Eyrie of Crows against a Trickster. I was the last survivor alive, I think we got like 4 gens done, but I really had no idea what to do to get hatch or anything like that.

First game as a killer was as Wraith on The Game. I stomped them so easily that I almost gave up the game right there. But I knew that DbD had constant arguments for which side had it too easy, so I was determined to get a few games under my belt, and then play ten games on each side and do my best to offer a neutral first time take on the game. For probably the first hundred hours I had multiple times where I almost quit the game, but around 100 hours I had come to accept the game's frustrations and treasure the things it did really well.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Pretty sure I got sacrificed, that's all I can remember.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,717
    Options

i remember getting loop for nearly 5 gens around 1 single pallet as doctor on the Disturb Warrd map. For survivor i don't even know

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,188
    Options

I don't remember my first match, but I do remember one of my first matches. I played Steve with @Xernoton back when Twins released.

We played against a Myers and did all the things a new player does. Crouching around the map, never doing gens and hiding in lockers.

This Myers was a special cookie though and came equipped with tombstone piece and J. Myers memorial.

This resulted in the situation, where we were both at shack, I hid in a locker and my friend, disguised as a baby Feng walked slowly out of the door next to me, just to get greeted by Myers welcoming hands.

While he screamed "He's killing me! He's killing me!" I just sank deeper into the locker.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 638
    Options

Lol, yeah it was back in 2018 and I was in a duo and we were on a gen. The killer (a huntress) was coming but she had a song not a heartbeat. So I stick the gen and my friend was like look at you not running away at the 1st sign of the killer. I really just had no idea I should run or hide.

Later I got hooked and tried my offhook chances because it prompts you at the bottom of the screen and my friend was like what are you doing I am on my way. I did not know I should just hang there or I would die faster.

It was a fun and fast learning experience.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 793
    Options

It was back when the game was free on PS Plus, around when Clown released I think? I vaguely remember playing Wraith on Haddonfield in a custom match, that's all I remember though.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,415
    edited April 23
    Options

I started in 2019. My first survivor match was Meg on Swamp with yellow Sprint Burst against a default spirit. Survived the trial I think with a 2-man out.

My first killer match was doc with yellow Overcharge and I think 3 escaped.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

Ahhh, the good ol' Tombstone Myers. One of the only things that actually scared me as a beginner.

I was in complete disbelief when I suddenly died because I had no idea an addon like this existed.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,747
    Options

My first match was against a pre-nerf Nurse on Suffocation Pit
    I died within the first minute but geninuely had fun
    Probably was the first and last time I had fun playing against Nurse

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

Was against a Huntress as survivor. As a Silent Hill fan, I'd become aware of DBD when they got the license. I started watching streamers on FB Gaming to see what the game was about before buying it, but only killer mains. Had no interest in survivor at that point so I didn't really pay attention to survivor games. For whatever reason though, I decided to try survivor when I bought the game but having not paid much attention I didn't really realize how important the terror radius was lol so I didn't even have the sound on and basically sat there wondering why all the other survivors were running away until I'd get smacked. I also didn't bother playing stealthily because the streamers I watched were obviously confident and ran right into the game, so I just copied them lol didn't take me long to find my footing anyway. And while I played killer on occasion, it turned out I preferred the survivor role once I actually started playing.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 137
    Options
    • it was the year 2020. my first game I played Dwight (without perks) in Léry's Memorial Institute against Trapper. I didn't even get a good skill check, so I spent the whole game in the locker... obviously I died🤣

• Nomercyguy32
    Nomercyguy32 Member Posts: 8
    Options

2017. Free weekend. Picked Bill because as a new player he looked cool. Versus nurse, did a gen and hid in a corner. Got out. Felt very nice to escape in my first ever match.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,048
    Options

it was as Hillbilly on The Game. Enough said.

My second game was also as Hillbilly and was on RPD.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    edited April 23
    Options

Got the game during the Halloween sale in 2018. One of my first matches:

Friend and I had just got the game that day. He was the last one alive. Trapper was carrying him to basement. Trapper stepped in his own trap on the stairs and friend got out through the hatch.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

Yeah, it was either right before or right after the Wraith Cube. I remember it being a hot topic.

I played against three R1 Claudette's and their "Rank 20" friend. Flashlight saves, t-bags, Lightburn, it was just horrible.

I ended up actually killing the R20, and the others got out. I got spammed with messages about how trash I was, to kill myself and then I got hit offline.

Honestly, not sure why I gave it another chance lol

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

The only 2 things I vaguely remember is that the Killer Offering was "Survivor Pudding" with me thinking that meant I was screwed because that killer must be good (at least I thought at the time), and the Killer was The Trapper. I think I escaped, but honestly that's more a guess.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,300
    Options

I recall being on comms and asking what Exposed meant as I stood still with my brand new Dwight behind a huge rock on an old blue McMillan's. Until informed I thought the Myers could see me no matter where he was or I was, plus was one tap too, as a teammate went down across the map. Took a while to shake off that tendency of hesitation.

Still not the most skillful surv out there, but I have come a long way since then. I do feel sorry for new players starting out these days though, so much to learn and absorb.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

For the 3 of us, it was a kyf against our friends.

For my first pub, was a wraith at McMillan's. Can remember it pretty well cause it was also the first time I got called camper.

• THE_Crazy_Hyena
    THE_Crazy_Hyena Member Posts: 230
    Options

I was playing with some friends of mine who had been playing for about a year back then. I got the game around the halloween event in 2018, not long after the release of Spirit.
    I don't remember the first killer i faced all that well, but I am pretty sure it was either Trapper or Hag.

The map was Coldwind Farm, I think it was the cowshed, and I remember blowing up several gens 😅
    First survivor I played was probably Meg, since I got recommended starting with her.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    Options

All I remember was me hiding in bushes on the swamp or one of the rare bushes on Lery’s and having adrenaline coursing through my veins keeping me up later than I should have been.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,322
    Options

Do you expect me to rememeber my first game of DbD in 2016?! ☠️☠️

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

I remember. I was playing Laurie (huge Halloween fan so the Halloween DLC is the first thing I bought on Dbd). It was against a Trapper. I think I stepped in every trap he laid down lol. Yet I ended up getting the hatch.

I was lucky. I was playing with two friends who were Dbd veterans. So they helped me a lot in my early days. If they were not there I would have probably run away from the hatch. Scary black hole in the floor making noises!!!!!

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    edited April 23
    Options

Played against prestige 3 doctor on Treatment theatre, spent the whole match looking for gens i couldn't find and then everybody died.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 977
    Options

Yes, I remember playing as Meg on old Coldwind with a Hillbilly. I’ve never played anything like it at the time. I couldn’t believe that I was playing a game that felt like a scary movie.

I joined right before the Plague had released. I took a long break during the RE chapters but in the end, I’m still here!

• SimpleSage
    SimpleSage Member Posts: 88
    Options

I was playing Huntress on Gideon, I don't remember many details of the match. I just remember I went to open a breakable door and my computer shut off.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    edited April 23
    Options

My first ever game was as Pig... I have the trophy video still.

I've never seen this happen ever again... 😅

1 hook and a head pop kill... Fear me, for I am dangerous...

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 586
    Options

2017 camping the hook as trapper because I was too scared to leave.....yeah.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 756
    edited April 23
    Options

Yes I played killer and used Myers and was in tier 1 the entire game because I had no clue how to play or use him. Lmao. I was just excited to stab people with Michael Myers in a video game.

• kare
    kare Member Posts: 3
    Options

Pretty sure it ended with face camping vs 3 survivors during egc as Huntress.. good times.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

My first match the game crashed.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

i actually have my first ever match as a survivor recorded and saved. i started playing only Freddy for like a good month before going to survivor.

and yea, i was just as bad then as i am today lol

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,775
    Options

I think it was 2018. First match, I got tunneled by a Legion on one of the maps with houses — maybe Haddonfield or the Preschool. I was confused about how the controls worked, and I kept getting notifications saying I escaped chase, and I was like, "I don't think I did though…" right before the Legion popped out again and stabbed me.

Second match, I was in the meat plant, but I was unfamiliar with the idea that there could be indoors maps, so I kept trying to find a way to get outside.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

Rfsa09 (with another accout) was playing The wraith, he was scared, he knew that the game would be fun but hard, i was playing on the newest map: the circus or (idk the name lol) i startedd the game, held L2 to use the bell and startedd running around trying to find survivors, i found a jake if i remmeber