Nerf lunge attacks from killers

It's very frustrating when you're a fair distance from the killer and he has a 10 metre lunge attack,  it doesn't help that the tracking of killers has a side swing, which is so stupidly op because it's just impossible to escape the killer...  I think every killer has to rely on being closer to get the hit rather then being lucky with lunge and tracking... I also believe attacks should be vertical so killers have to be more skillful when striking. It's so easy to hit people simply because you swing from an angle meaning it's more wide, but if it were to be vertical the killer has to read what the survivor is going to do.

Comments

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311

"Posts: 1"
    Like clockwork

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Digwiid said:
    "Posts: 1"
    Like clockwork

What's wrong with him having 1 post?

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429
    edited January 2019

Lunge is a little ridiculous could use a slight nerf. Killers will have to get gud at chasing.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

If you are gonna create an account, please, dont make your first post a rant about how lunge attacks should be nerfed

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Given the one post wonder nature i suggest to let the thread die...
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Master said:

Pfft.  I've spent too much time on the Magic Arena forums.  This is nothing.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

Yeah, nerf all killer attacks. They're like... 9 meters too long. >.>
  • SirPiggy
    SirPiggy Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2019
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. I also love how no one mentions my other point on how I think strikes should be more skill required and should be vertical to be more precise
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@SirPiggy said:
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. I also love how no one mentions my other point on how I think strikes should be more skill required and should be vertical to be more precise

well, due to the fact that you only have 2 posts, that makes them assume that you are very new to the game and the forums.
    and after reading your post, it gets kinda obvious why.

the lunge attack of killers is one of the few things that is not broken at all. it works perfectly fine.
    you will learn the distance a killer can attack from simply by experience and that allows you to dodge these attacks by the clever use of pallets and windows. also ,you will most certainly change your opinion about that after playing killer for yourself.
    without the lunge, its pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to catch survivors.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

next you will say killers should run slower than survivors....

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@SirPiggy said:
    It's very frustrating when you're a fair distance from the killer and he has a 10 metre lunge attack,  it doesn't help that the tracking of killers has a side swing, which is so stupidly op because it's just impossible to escape the killer...  I think every killer has to rely on being closer to get the hit rather then being lucky with lunge and tracking... I also believe attacks should be vertical so killers have to be more skillful when striking. It's so easy to hit people simply because you swing from an angle meaning it's more wide, but if it were to be vertical the killer has to read what the survivor is going to do.

Swing vertical? So you want the killers to look completely ridiclous as well. There is no way the lunge can be nerfed without making it completely unfair to the other half of the player base. Lunges exist for pallets, no lunge, no pallets how about that?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    Is this an attempt at bait? If so, then it’s a pretty bad one.
  • Morfedel
    Morfedel Member Posts: 231

Ridiculous. Skilled survivors can already loop a killer for a very long time. Plus, pallet stuns. With the lunge, I have a chance of getting the survivor as he pallet drops, and I have a chance of getting him before the pallet, or as he is rounding that corner for like the 7th time.

Survivors have plenty to work with. The killer NEEDS the lunge.

• SirPiggy
    SirPiggy Member Posts: 52
    I'm not saying to nerf lunge to the ground, or to remove it, I'm simply suggesting to nerf it alittle, so that killers have to be closer to strike
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited January 2019

@SirPiggy said:
    I'm not saying to nerf lunge to the ground, or to remove it, I'm simply suggesting to nerf it alittle, so that killers have to be closer to strike

At the moment, the lunge range is around 3 meters (2-meter "dash" + 1-meter weapon). A quick attack has a 1-meter range, assuming it's the same size as the weapon. So, how much to you want it nerfed by?

EDIT: Keep in mind I'm assuming these numbers based on weapon length.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

@Killmaster said:
    Lunge is a little ridiculous could use a slight nerf. Killers will have to get gud at chasing.

I just lost brain cells reading this. Rank 31 survivor main confirmed?

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Urm... I guess survivors shouldn't be able to run then.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@JanTheMan said:
    Urm... I guess survivors shouldn't be able to run then.

Perfect nerf to Sprint Burst.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649

Survivors will have to git gud at getting chased. How about that?
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    SirPiggy said:
    Because you never played Killer at rank 1 (or let's better say against strong survivors). You have absolutely no clue what you are asking for, everyone here knows your are either a survivor main or just a new player and therefore noone can take you serious. You are a joke for us 
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@SirPiggy said:

Please don't. Your suggestion is terrible and is only from being bad and a justification for your own failure.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

@SirPiggy said:

So you not only want to nerf lunge, you want to nerf the hit box too?

Have you ever even played as killer or is this an angry post after your first game as survivor?

There is a learning curve to this game that I actually respect. You may need some more time with it, or are you just used to hand outs?

• NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810
    edited January 2019

I like the killer lunges as they are. While some of the killer's lunges can be annoying, I would say that many things need to happen before that. Why not a DS rework? Or a SWF & solo balance first? Point is, it's not nearly as bad as some of the other things in the game right now.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    PLS nerf Freddy too, amirite? So broken.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    SirPiggy said:
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=omafc3SazWA&feature=youtu.be
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    I get ez 4K with Freddy without M2
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Vietfox said:
    I get ez 4K with Freddy without M2
    XDDD 😂
  • Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    SirPiggy said:
    Why is everyone bitching about me having 1 post?  this is the first time I made a thread and I will make more in the future, making suggestions and ideas. 
    Stachu Jones respect :) 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Larcz said:
    SirPiggy said:
    Stachu Jones respect :) 
    A classic.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah no, nerfing the lunge of killers will nerf freddy and legion, and I am f*cking done with freddy nerfs so tell me, what is your rank?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Geez, i don't need to do anything, i'm confident that the others have pointed out what's wrong with this topic.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@SirPiggy said:

Lunge attacks don't have tracking only the close "quick click" attacks do. The hit box for the attack is a vertical zone right down the middle of your screen meaning if the survivor on your screen is off to the left or right the attack will miss. The attack does not come out at an angle like you are describing.

Once the attack animation has started (for close quick click attacks) your character locks on to the survivor hit box (assuming the button was hit during the hit box alignment/interaction) and you gain the hit score. For lunge attacks the survivor has to be within that vertical hit box during the end of the animation (when the lunge is let go/ended).

As for you believing its a "10 meter lunge attack" this is most likely due to the poor latency the game suffers and how it will appear an attack landed from further than it should have. This is not the case however and its simply that the data took time to travel and register to both clients. Hopefully with the dedicated servers in the works such problems will be reduced.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I kinda want to be able to move backward while lunging. That would be fun.