Only one can Win

Options
supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,312
edited April 23 in General Discussions

Oni has been challenged. Can he match up to this new challenger? He goes into demon fury for his honor. Billy has learned some new tools since last time. Quickly having raised in power recently. Kicking it into overdrive. Who will walk away? Credit to @C3Tooth

Comments

• supersonic853
    edited April 23
    Options

Oni definitely might have the strength advantage. But billy definitely has the speed advantage (max 16 m/s compared to Onis 9 m/s) it'd be a fight for the ages!

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

Maybe they should…. race?! 0.5 seconds off the final time for each survivor you mow/crush down along the way lol

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,055
    edited April 23
    Options

Max's Overdrive Chainsaw vs. Kazan's Demonic Kanabō?

They're both physical powerhouses though Oni edges that out slightly... but even if his weapon is a very heavy wood, I still reckon a bit of saw action wins out in that exchange... (clean mind pls).

Ofc the other advantage of a chainsaw is you don't have to hit your opponent hard... you just have to touch them, and Max can put the foot down right from the word Go, while Kazan has a slow start....

I think in a long drawn out bloody fight, Kazan wins it, but Max can take it it if he is able to end it early....

Rip and tear til it's done Billy! 🤘😁🤘

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

BIlly has to kill him early? TUNNEL HIM BILLY! GET THAT DEMONIC ARSE!

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,067
    Options

The most appropriate quote would be: "There can be only one."

Please tell me people still know this one.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,099
    Options

Well, Billy has the stamina to beat Oni and he definitely has the speed advantage. Oni will probably beat him in raw power though.

I still think Billy will win this. He is more Enduring than Oni after all.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,468
    Options

That depends, if we're talking lore accurate Oni then Billy is gonna get clapped easily.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 62
    Options

Billy will go right through Oni. Go, Billy!

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    edited April 23
    Options

Taking bets, taking bets! I gotta hundred, hundred.. oh, hundred fi'ty BPs! Who else?!

A MILLION BPS?! To the lovely lady in the back. Any takers?

• supersonic853
    Options

I assume their both entity-powered since I doubt a normal chainsaw would do what billys did lol.

• Smoe
    edited April 24
    Options

While true, it would not change the outcome of Oni coming out on top because he actually has training in wielding his weapon, he knows battle strategies and has faced and taken down plenty of other skilled warriors in battle, including his own father. It took numerous waves of peasants before they could bring his ass down after he killed their beloved lord.

Now combine that with the strength that comes from his unbriddled rage and the Kanabo he carries, you got a unit of a man that'll hit harder, faster and more precise than someone like Billy just through sheer raw strength alone that only increases through his rage, his Kanabo will most likely break Billy's chainsaw on impact should both weapons hit each other directly and Oni actually has armor for protection while Billy does not.

Hillbilly may have an unusual amount endurance and has more strength than the average man, as well as having unnatural stamina from running during his chainsaw sprinting, however when matched against someone like Oni, he's absolutely gonna get steamrolled.

• supersonic853
    edited April 24
    Options

Fair play, although, like everyones stated oni definitely beats in strength. I don't think oni matches in speed at all as the game itself proves it with their differences of max speed. (Billy can cap out at 16 m/s immedately while oni moves up to 9 m/s but he has to prepare his charge) and it's not like Billy doesn't do impressive stuff when you talk about the entity gifts. He can run through a pallet of wood in .5 of a second and keep his full speed.

"While no single piece of wood seems particularly strong, the standard pooled wood pallet has a 2800 pound dynamic capacity. That's almost one and a half tons." And billy can saw through all of that in less than a second? And keep moving full speed afterword (which is around 35 mph). That means one hit of billys saw would do unrepairable damage to oni even with his armor through the force alone. And billy can keep going and do this multiple times. Oni has to wind up his slambs to just break a pallet itself after 1.5 seconds. All of onis moves are made to be overall slower. Allowing Billy multiple chances to get hits on oni especially in overdrive that are gonna hurt. While also giving billy multiple chances to gain distance against him through stuff like lesser charge time, or cooldown. The wooden pallet arguement also proves that in a collision billys saw would probably not only be overall strong enough to break onis weapon. But even if it couldn't it'd knock it back and possibly out of onis hand. Even billys perks show his unusual abilities like being able to tank more pain (enduring) or being very good at enhancing his saw or other objects (tinkerer). Showing he's not overall as dumb or as weak as people make him out to be.

Post edited by supersonic853 on
  • Smoe
    edited April 24
    Options

You're mixing gameplay in with things, i'm specifically talking lore accuracy only.

Without their abilities tied to how they function gameplay mechanic wise, Oni's attacks with his Kanabo would be much faster than how he has to charge it up first in-game.

Also even if Billy's chainsaw could do more damage on hit, he has to hit Oni first, which wouldn't be easy as Oni has the advantage of utilizing battle strategies and would be able to dodge Billy's dash. One swift dodge followed by one precise cut from Oni's Katana would cut clean through Billy faster than Billy can saw through Oni, after all, Billy is not a warrior like Oni, who has won countless battles to master his skills.

• supersonic853
    edited April 24
    Options

I know I just thought it'd be funny to throw in gameplay versions as a alternate thought lol. So would billy pull ahead with gameplay but fall behind lore scaling? Because I'm trying to do both of them at their prime. And billys surprisingly more impressive in game than his lore suggests. While onis the opposite. So a actual battle of both at their peak would be game billy vs lore oni

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 318
    Options

i imagine during the clash both weapons break and it turns into MGR Armstrong vs Raiden fight

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 873
    Options

Whaaat?? Oni! No question!

But I do respect Billy. He would definitely be giving Oni a struggle.