Bug? Anyone noticed glitches? Mini-teleports?

Options
drsoontm
drsoontm Member Posts: 4,134
edited April 23 in General Discussions

I just had a match against four "not-Steam" players.

It was on Hawkins, as Nurse.

At some point, tracking survivors, I've felt a kind of lag/glitch while blinking and I've found myself landing several meter away from the location I was supposed to be. (Not a rollback, a kind of teleport).

Later, while carrying a survivor was almost at the hook when I got teleported through the adjacent wall which means the survivor escaped my grasp.

Several times, I'm chasing a survivor and the tracks stop in the middle of nowhere. Once, using "No Where To Hide", I see the survivor on an adjacent room, a level above. That position made no sense given the doors/stairs locations. I could have made it by blinking (and I did) but a survivor on foot? No way.

I've killed them all (well, I've dropped one on the hatch but the way I see it, that's a down.)

I don't think anyone was cheating because the "glitches" felt so random it didn't help them much (but it was certainly a handicap for me.)

Nobody was marked as lagging.

Since it's a new engine, I'm wondering if it's somewhat related.

Anyone else got something similar?

edit: I've tried to send this as a bug report to zendesk and it failed. I've reported that reporting bug to the bug section of the forum.

Post edited by drsoontm on

Comments

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 63
    Options

I had some funky shenanigans as killer and survivor. As killer I was glitching over vaults, my FPS dropped to 5 every time I got a hit, as survivor I was rubberbanding on maps and then suddenly standing somewhere else, killers somewhat teleported towards the hooks before hooking. That engine change really messed things up again

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,134
    Options

I must say it's kind of reassuring. I was starting to wonder if this was done by some cheater.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 497
    Options

Latest patch updated the games engine to Unreal engine 5 causing mass rubberbanding Fps drops and broken animatyions

• Kaethela
    Kaethela Member Posts: 319
    Options

I just had a killer game where I was rubberbanding all over the place.

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Yeah, i was rubberbanding a lot. Curiously, it was only after hooking someone and when kicking gens. Never during a chase, thank God.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 63
    Options

After playing a few more rounds here’s what I’ve gathered.

• rubber banding on both survivors and killers
    • Getting stuck in windows while vaulting as a killer
    • Massive frame drops from the “hit” effect on both survivors and killers
    • Random teleporting/rollbacks on both killers and survivors
    • Xenomorph turrets somehow teleporting to a different spot as to where I placed them
    • Skull Merchant drones glitching high in the air or in the ground
    • Undestroyable pallet in RPD stairway if you are trying to kick it from the top level (kicking from the stairs work fine tho)
    • Killers having this weird vacuum effect towards hooks (like survivors had many years back with the pallets)

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,879
    Options

My 3 main problems are rubberband, constant skipping and sometimes my game just completely freezes. I can tab out and do everything else but my game is just frozen and I have to use Task Manager.