If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do you have fun as killer?

Options
kare
kare Member Posts: 3

I have 200 hours, which is nothing compared to others, I'm aware, and that's the source of my question 😅

I'm too good to go against new players, so it's a mind numbing 4k into a mind numbing 4k when matchmaking puts me against them.

And I'm nowhere near good enough for often toxic swf's so by the time I get 1 or 2 hooks they'll have all the gens done.

How do you have fun playing this game? There's never a fair match and it always feels extremely one sided, and I don't see a way for me to actually get the hundreds of hours I need to become intermediate at the game without developing high blood pressure…

Comments

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 268
    Options

Alright ........ Well unfortunately you have to make your own fun, matches will never be fairly matched no matter how many hours you got. The mmr system in this game is just bad.

Now for killer when you get the easy games play around a bit, go for crazy mind games, bs until there's 2-3 gens left and then make a come back. For the swfities work own your basic skills these people are better than you take advantage of it. Get looped until you win not using blood lust though. If you get sweats dont play to win the match play to win chases, hit crazy m2's, win every shack chase. There's something to learn in every match I promise. Realize that some games your just not gonna win and accept it, it doesn't make you bad no matter what they say in egc.

Remember survivors have no other way to communicate with you. Those teabags when you get looped for 5 gens is warranted. It's Just trash talk like "yeah I looped you, get better." Treat it as a sport IF youre gonna take it serious. Any sport you play your opponent is gonna talk trash you as well as yourself it's not personal( egc is another beast). This toxic this toxic that BS who cares it's a pvp game talk your ish and let them talk theirs and settle it in the fog.

Lastly some people just suck, and that's putting it lightly. When I first started playing I got bullied, told crazy things and used to get mad as hell, then realized that some people just suck irl and that's all there is to it. Fast forward to now, I absolutely love the swf bully squads they're the most fun matches you'll have if you don't let them affect your vibes, it is easier said than done I get that. Which is why I used the methods above of going into the match with my own win goals and made sure I at least reached some if not all of "my" goal.

Hope it helps bro! Oh and don't let the fog taint your spirit

• Sasu_Crow
    Sasu_Crow Member Posts: 12
    Options

That's the thing. The match is only halfway over when the gens pop. Don't give up just because the gens are done. Get creative with builds, i.e. furtive chase/rancor guarantees one kill as long as you hook (don't mori) the obsession. Leran to use surv altruism against them, etc.

Just like any game, you have to develop game sense. Know when to camp, when to tunnel, and when to commit or not commit to certain chases. Both sides are really easy in pubs, you just have to go in knowing you won't win them all and you will occasionally have bad days and super sweaty players.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,190
    Options

Stop caring about kills. Care about the match.

Play a killer that you enjoy. Try learning new techniques and tricks. Find cool perks synergies and not just what your local content creator uses 24/7.

And best of all: play both roles to get a better grasp of the game overall.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 255
    Options

Well I personally just try to get better at certain killers or learn tricks and get better with them.

Chucky 180s are funny as excampel: they are a kombination of oni-movement and pig-moondashes.

Huntress crossmaps are funny aswell mayben even orbitals.

I'd say blight is fun aswell, but they sadly killed the hug-tech and therefore a lot of tricks.

Against bully-swfs I have a few tipps:

Don't even try to play fair: camp, tunnel, slug. Just use everything you can.

Against flashlight-swfs: try to 4-man slug them, if you don't use lightborn (even if you have to bleed them out). Otherwise just use lightborn, it's not worth the stress without.

Try to find out if it's a swf before the match starts: Look for similiar names, high pretiges and maybe comments on each other (if they have a public profile). You can then adjust your perks and addons to that fact.

Well my approach is just making their day as bad as possible for trying to bully me. So you should probably just try to get better (actually I win quite often, so it's not a weak tactic. It's just a little bit evil).

• E5150
    E5150 Member Posts: 73
    Options

I try to focus on landing sick hatchets/curves/shreds etc. Kills come naturally this way. And if the survivors are really good, i just accept it, praise them (if they're not dicks) and move on. I'm not a streamer with a gigantic streak, sometimes i'll lose, no prob.