If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Should The Pig get more reverse bear traps back after some time?

Options
Tyler3
Tyler3 Member Posts: 40
edited April 24 in Feedback and Suggestions

Once The Pig uses up all of her traps, she pretty much loses any pressure she had on the trial. Well what if she had unlimited, or even just a few more traps, that would spawn in her inventory one at a time, every 180 seconds, or more? I feel like this could be a really good buff for her, allowing her to delay generator progress much more efficiently and keep consistent, but not constant, pressure on the trial. What do you think about this?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

Why should the most boring part of her Kit be buffed? This sounds like you really did not think this through. Instead of having 4 Traps at base she would have at least 8 Traps base. She would not even have to hook people, she could just place Traps on their Heads which would force the Survivors to do Boxes instead of Gens.

It would be way too much game delay at base.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

They would have to change the total box search mechanic to fit the ever growing supply of traps. Pretty much ending in them nerfing Pig again.

• Tyler3
    Options

I get what you're saying but if the cooldown to get another trap was really long, like 4 - 5 minutes (more than enough time to do a couple of gens), then it's not going to be a problem. Because once she's used all four of her traps and her lengthy cooldown finally finishes, she'll only have 1 more trap to place on a survivor, meanwhile the 3 other survivors can just focus on gens, knowing that a trap can't be placed on them for at least the next few minutes.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 434
    Options

Terrible suggestion, if you want more traps use the add-ons that give u more

• Tyler3
    Options

It's not just about having more traps, it's about trying to buff her basekit power.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,555
    edited April 24
    Options

No, because they are powerful enough to shut down the game as it is.

1. Stealth
    2. She can duck, rendering her less visible.
    3. Charged Quick attack
    4. Reverse Bear Traps that slow down Survivor progression.

She don't need more, Her Kill rate is already good.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Aw hell no.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,160
    edited April 24
    Options

As a Pig enjoyer, I can say that while slapping Pig traps on heads is fun (especially when you shuffle people out from under pallets), Pig is VEEERY carefully balanced around her traps. Despite having lacklustre abilities elsewhere, her traps are the single best slowdown mechanic in the game, so granting them back is a really big deal.

You can take add-ons that increase (or even lower) your headtrap count and these both have very significant impact on the game. Having more traps requires you to sacrifice an add-on slot, and Amanda's biggest problem is usually getting the traps out with those add-ons because she isn't taking the add-ons to help her weaker chase. If you give her back traps after time, she can just take chase add-ons freely and avoid the downside.

So while it's good to see a fellow Pig enjoyer, I'd have to say this change would not be good for the health of tne character.

If you want a more lore accurate reason… there are 4 survivors, 4 tests that must be given... remember... "there are rules"... 🤘🐽🤘

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

I love the idea of the bear trap regenerating over time but I don’t think they’ll do it sadly.

It would lead to other nerfs.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

As a (more or less) Pig main, no this is not necessary.

4 traps already provide a guaranteed 144 seconds of searching, plus travel time, which is like forcing survivors to cleanse 10 additional totems before they can escape.