DBD is in it's worst spot in years [RANT]

Options
Yharwick
Yharwick Member Posts: 282
edited April 25 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm generally speaking the last person to be a doomsayer but the midchapter is an all honesty a major embarrassment and total disaster. In one midchapter we have

• Widespread rubberbanding
  • Cheating at the highest levels it's ever been at
  • A glitch where you can just get trapped in RPD
  • People phasing through objects cuz the game can't figure out what map is being played on
  • A strobing light glitch trigging people's epilepsy
  • Twins being even better at slugging than they were before and still a bugfest
  • DS being back to being used to being offensively in combination with unbreakable like we're literally back to 2019/2020
  • And if that gets taken away again killers can mostly tunnel easier than ever before
  • But also buy this $18 Huntress skin

This is pathetic, I woulda stood by BHVR if this was year 1 or even 3 but we're going into year gd NINE and this disaster is happening. There is absolutely no excuse for this and I genuinely think nobody should play DBD until BHVR makes serious changes, when the only thing that's actually functional is the store that tells you where the priorities lie and this isn't me having a problem with monetization obviously you have to do that so that's not my issue. My issue is BHVR pushing for higher and higher prices for skins in a game that doesn't gd work and is rampant with cheaters.

How does this happen? How do you work on a game for eight years and still get so much wrong? I can't help but think this is the chickens coming home to roost for BHVR. For all the gaslighting about DDoS attacks not actually happening, nonsense hockey metaphors to explain away a MMR system that doesn't really make sense, for constantly ignoring fog whisperers who genuinely want this game to be the best it can be. This is what all that arrogance gets you. A broken effing game that at this point is a health risk and a cyber security threat. It's an absolute joke. I do genuinely hope things turn around, I hope in a few months from now this rant looks crazy and I look like just another doomer crying about a falling sky. But given how long it's been and what history has shown us I'm very skeptical about that being the case and that's extremely disappointing.

Comments

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 83
    Options

Yeah, their cosmetics team is doing much better job than any other team (especially balancing team).

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 266
    Options

You've gotta explain how killers can tunnel easier than ever before because I remember I time when you could immediately be put back on hook after being unhooked and you could be moried after getting hooked.

Otherwise this is just breathless complaining. Nothing but wind. The update is bad but it's hardly a bellwether about the games future. It's just a bad update that needed more time in the oven, like many others.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 282
    Options

yes rampant cheating and more glitches than ever before is breathless complaining. I guess all the content creators quitting the game are just complaining too nothing to see here. This is inexcusable for a nearly decade old monetized game.

• Ohyakno
    Options

That hardly answers my question. It's just more wind. I have seen a blatant cheater twice in my time in this game and I couldn't care less what professional video game men do.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 765
    edited April 25
    Options

The two bullet points were together. If the newly buffed DS gets taken away again then killers tunnel easier then ever is what they were saying. Whether that's true or not can't be answered.

• Ohyakno
    edited April 25
    Options

Yeah, they edited it after my post. It used to not have bullet points and was a run-on paragraph. Tunneling is vastly overblown anyway. OP lends great credence to YouTube men, right? Scott jund found actual premeditated tunneling in 2/50 games. Naymeti and ayrun both have videos where they have to work to get killers to tunnel them. I like all those guys too, I just don't take their word as gospel or think they're especially important.