This update is kinda broken

Options
BlueHorkew
BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,079

Wow this update is a mess, all the bugs and issues and then The Twins are so busted…

Was looking foward to comeback after a few months break, but things just seem to get worse

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 7,986
    Options

Yeah I'm honestly afraid to even log in right now. Seeing way too many bug reports. It's an interesting development strategy. Normally a place will go test/QA>dev/QA>prod. We seem to be going dev>test>prod>back to dev>prod. Pretty ascended.

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 206
    Options

They need to fix this rubberbanding issue. its becoming a major problem in games

• mees
    mees Member Posts: 57
    Options

Yeah its pretty bad. I dont wanna play survivor cause i dont wanna go against this busted twins, but I aslo dont wanna play killer cause almost all of my matches someone brings an rpd offering, so yeah great update.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 200
    Options

I haven't had rubberbanding, but have been getting booted from servers just about every match. Usually right at the end of the game when I've already invested a bunch of time playing , only to get booted and have no BP or XP in return for my time invested. I don't know how Steam has so many players in-game now - maybe there are issues only on specific servers? I'm in US eastern time zone.

This update seems to be a hot mess, which really isn't much of a surprise given the long history of hot mess updates. It's really frustrating, but it looks like this isn't affecting the player count so there's no urgency on the devs to fix it. The player counts stay pretty stable regardless of the bugs because there's no competition for this game in the asymmetrical horror game genre.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 589
    Options

The game must be working OK for some people out there, but I'm not lucky enough to be one of them.

I guess there's no way to know just how buggy a new patch is going to be when it goes live, but this is the most broken I've ever seen the game (granted, I've only been playing for just over a year, so maybe there have been worse updates).

Looking on the bright side, I think the new engine will perform a little bit more efficiently on the older platforms once they iron out all the bugs. And the new shop interface is pretty snappy.

• Clee
    Clee Member Posts: 109
    Options

Yeah, i think Ill continue my hiatus. see you all during the anniversary to get my cakes, maybe

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,143
    edited April 25
    Options

Yeah i'm really disappointed in BHVR this update. They should have been testing the transition to UE5 a lot more internally before putting it live but as usual it seems they'd rather stick to their schedule than put the player experience first. It's unfortunate, i would like to play this game a lot more as a main game but for many reasons the experience is so unreliable that i can't.