Strobing - Assistance Needed

Options
Mandy
Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,285
edited May 6 in General Discussions

We have received reports of bright flashes occurring during the match following the 7.7.0 update. Our team is currently working to pinpoint the cause of this issue and implement a fix as soon as possible. If you have experienced this issue, we would greatly appreciate any information that can lead us to identifying the exact steps and situations necessary to reproduce it. In particular, some things that would be helpful are:

• The platform you play on
  • (PC) Your PC components including Direct X version
  • When this issue occured for you and how often
  • (PC) Your log file, if unable to upload your log file for any reason, please contact Player Support with the information.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

The Dead by Daylight Team

EDIT: We confirm Friday's tentative fix for the Strobing / Flashing Lights issue did indeed resolve the problem. We'll now submit this update (7.7.0A) for certification to all platforms. Most players can expect this within the next 48hrs (Switch might be slightly further out). Thank you so much for your patience.

We are also continuing to investigate the rubberbanding issue and will update with more information as soon as it becomes available. (29th April Update).

Post edited by Peanits on

Comments

• PogbertChamperson
    PogbertChamperson Member Posts: 90
    edited April 25
    Options

PC user.

I have seen this issue only when I am hooked in the basement. both times I have been hooked in basement since the update I had the issue.

DX11 btw. idk how to upload log file.

• nt1ez8
    nt1ez8 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

hi! This happened to me today. I was playing as a survivor (Adam Francis) and was on Macmillan Estate. Went into the basement to grab the chest and there was a strobing effect. After leaving the basement it did not persist.

Playing on PS5

• YmPrat
    YmPrat Member Posts: 26
    Options

It happens on PS5 on the end game screen every match I play as Huntress and use the perk Darkness Revealed (which is most of my Huntress games, it didn't happen the 2 games I tested out darkness revealed over it.)

I'd post a clip of it but your clip thing doesn't support the file type of the clip PS saves them in and I'm too lazy to convert it.

• Seisuka7
    Seisuka7 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Ps5 Player.

It happened to me twice. First time was a few days ago and happend when I was hooked in the Basement of Lerrys. Second time (happend today) was at the Score Screen at the end when I escaped a match.

• Ganstork
    Ganstork Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Nintendo Switch

Killer carried me into the basement and onto the hook. It started a little after he began to descend the stairs. Strobe flashing ended after being unhooked. It was on autohaven if that matters.

• theTARNavsky
    theTARNavsky Member Posts: 151
    edited April 25
    Options

PS5, happened only once for me since the update, today.

I don't think there was anything special about that match. I played some matches right before and after and it didn't happen other times.

He's the video - it starts in the post game screen, but then stops (I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I clicked anything, it stopped on its own when it switched to the second page of the match summary):

• Mandy
    Options

Thank you for the information

To find your Dead by Daylight logs: 

1. Press the Windows Key + R to open the "Run" command.
    2. In the text box paste the following: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs
    3. Click "OK" - this will open your Dead by Daylight Logs folder.
      • If it does not open the Dead by Daylight Logs folder, it may mean that when installing Dead by Daylight you chose to save your files somewhere else and will need to check there.
    4. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file and the one you will need to upload here

• snatcha
    snatcha Member Posts: 28
    Options

I play on ps5 and to me it occured in two ways so far:

• After me or another survivor got hooked
    • In the after match Endscreen

I played around 15 hours since the Midchapter dropped and I have experienced each method twice.

• ftwleon
    ftwleon Member Posts: 2
    Options

The two times this problem has happened to me have been while AFK, the first time was when I stayed AFK for a while before the end of game screen appeared and the screen started flashing The second time this problem has happened to me have been while AFK, the first time was when I stayed AFK for a while before the end of game screen appeared and the screen started flashing. The second time was in the basement and I went AFK after healing with Sable's ability and that's when the strobes happened again.

I play on a PS5

• Mandy
    Options
  • Chromekaze
    Chromekaze Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS5, would occur either randomly on the endgame screen, or when I'm hooked in the basement

• Mandy
    Options

thank you, I've edited your post to remove the video due to photosensitivity for people.

• defeatedHymn
    defeatedHymn Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi!! PS5 player here. I was in the Léry’s Memorial Institute map, the basement was by mid. I was playing as Vittorio Toscano and the killer was The Artist. I was being chased and vaulted a window that landed me directly in the basement. After I was downed and hooked in the basement, the strobing lights had started. It seemed like it was the fog that was flashing from the shapes before I looked away (it made me sick)
    My sister and I went through a custom match to recreate the circumstances and it happened again. I’m not sure how to get the footage of what we had found

• Stino57070
    Stino57070 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 25
    Options

Once when i play killer, on the end of game screen when there is the killer running

On ps5 

Post edited by Stino57070 on
  • Haley
    Haley Member Posts: 8
    Options

I'm on ps5. It happened at around noon central time. It was the first or second match I played for the day and i was a survivor match. I had the white flashing lights at the end game screen only, not during the match and I haven't had it since then so far as I'm still playing

• Splasher77
    Splasher77 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited April 25
    Options

I’ve had it during the menu screen and it’s especially bad if you use any reshade to make the game brighter, but it happens sporadically in game also.

• VenomCorp
    VenomCorp Member Posts: 4
    Options

I already posted this on Reddit, but I'll say it again here :

Playing PC, Steam, and it happened to me once only, when I got hooked in Basement (back hook). It kept on flashing until I got saved. Log file included yipeeeeeeee

• arcticwolf020
    arcticwolf020 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I’m on PS5, I got the strobing effecting on the end match screen.

• Serjo
    Serjo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    edited April 25
    Options

PC.
    Dell G15 5530, Windows 11 Pro, RTX 3050 (6GB), 16GB RAM, 13th Intel Core i5-13450HX, Direct X12.
    When I was playing as trapper and I was going to hook someone on the basement of Dead Dawg Saloon.
    I can't send the log, it says "permission problem".

• NinaRuna
    NinaRuna Member Posts: 4
    Options

PC, DirectX12

Happend today when I was streaming.
    It was in the screen after the match where you can see everything and the chat is.
    It lasted about 3-4 seconds and seemed like it was mostly at the top of the screen.
    I can clip it if you need that.
    Unfortunately I can't find the log file in the folder, only backups.

• Mandy
    Options

back-ups might be helpful! It would be great if you could upload them, thank you

• Mandy
    Options

<3 thank you!

Thank you all for the information you are providing here, I'm super grateful to each and every one of you.

• ASAPRunonsun
    ASAPRunonsun Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Playing on PS5

After a game as killer today I tried to look at the survivors perks and the screen began to flash nonstop. Tried flipping through the end game tabs and kept flashing still. Had to close app and reopen to get it to stop.

• NinaRuna
    NinaRuna Member Posts: 4
    Options
  • totalisredeemer
    totalisredeemer Member Posts: 1
    Options

could it have anything to do with the shaders? i remember my pc took a bit of time initializing shaders when i booted up after updating

• Shikur0
    Shikur0 Member Posts: 1
    Options

ps5

Played singularity on backwater swamp - ship one

Hooked an alan by the bridge and as he died the game started flashing for a few seconds until the end game results showed

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 352
    Options

Xbox Series X currently! I've had three instances of it in the Basement and a messy endscreen after around 12 hours of playing.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,475
    Options

PS5 user. Had this occur once and it was on the post-game screen, where you see everyone's bp gains etc

• YuisChamberPot
    YuisChamberPot Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

Happened to me on pc while I was being unhooked in basement and once more while I was and the post-match screen.

• Cosmos333
    Cosmos333 Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS5. It happened to me a few times today on the post-game screen. I don't know if it matters, but each time I was playing survivor.

• topanga313
    topanga313 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I play on PS5 and I was playing against The Cenobite. During the endgame, I was picked up and dropped multiple times quickly before I was hooked. At the end of the match during the post match screen started flashing repeatedly. Hope this helps!!

• swafflekitty
    swafflekitty Member Posts: 1
    Options

I play on Linux using Proton experimental and reshade with these proton launch options: (WINEDLLOVERRIDES="d3dcompiler_47=n;d3d9=n,b" %command%). The strobing generally occurs in the lobby after a match for about 8 seconds and then stops on its own. Since I have to use DXVK to convert Direct X calls to Vulcan so I'm not sure there's a DirectX version I could give yall. I hope this helps, and I'll post additional details if I find anything else.

• MochiGomé
    MochiGomé Member Posts: 1
    edited April 26
    Options

I play on PC, DirectX12
    Happend today on The Tally Screen.

Two 0.5 second flickers occurred.
    That one time only.

Post edited by MochiGomé on
  • deadmanjay
    deadmanjay Member Posts: 4
    Options

PS 4.

I only noticed it in the end where points are being awarded. It was a series of bright dots and flashes. MacMillan and Haddonfield.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

PC, on DX12.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600, Nvidia RTX 4060. I was playing Skull Merchant on Sanctum of Wrath and the flashing happened on the endgame screen. I had discord overlay on if that has anything to do with it.

I'm afraid i'm not sure which log file to upload as it has been a while since it happened and I have a bunch more now.

• prettygoodjob69
    prettygoodjob69 Member Posts: 1
    Options

PC player here on Windows 10 with a Quadro M1000M graphics card and using DX12.

Playing as a survivor, and escaped. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary in the end game lobby screen until it started flashing white after lingering there for about 15 seconds.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,645
    edited April 26
    Options

I only experienced the strobing in the post game lobby. Just quick flashes.

Steam player.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 244
    Options

Only happened to me one time and it was while I was med kit healing in the basement on res forest

I play on PS5

• MythicMuffin
    MythicMuffin Member Posts: 1
    Options

I play on PS5, I’ve had the issue twice now, both times on the end game screen after playing both killer and survivor

• indecisive_hex
    indecisive_hex Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

PS5

Experienced this 24 hours ago, twice in the same match. The first time on hook, the second at the exit gates. Strobing lasted about 3 seconds each time.

• Wobby_Myers
    Wobby_Myers Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

i'm a PS5 player

I only have this when i heal inside the basement or when i'm getting healed in basement. Directly after that there are flashing lights and they stop when i come out of the basement. It also happends when i get hooked in basement. I was dead hook and got hung up in basement and then the flashing light started untill even after the endgame lobby.

• sidsomnia
    sidsomnia Member Posts: 1
    Options

ps5 player

In the Toba Landing Basement / On the way down into the basement I experienced strobing, as well as the end score screen. I have a video but i can’t post it so here’s a screenshot.

• warlockbri
    warlockbri Member Posts: 1
    edited April 26
    Options

Hi, I play on PS5 and so far I have experienced this only once. The match was on Father Campbell’s, I was playing Yui and the killer was Clown. I was looting basement chest and the lights were extremely bright white and constantly flashing until I was completely at the top of the stairs.

• ArticPrime144
    ArticPrime144 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 26
    Options

Platform:PC

Pc components:
    -AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six cor
    -8 Gb ram
    -Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
    -2 montior setup

Issue seems to occur when i tab into my full screened steam window on the second monitor, so far only the steam window does that. It only occurs when i tab into my steam app directly from dbd and does not occur if i tab into another app and then open steam.

• faelproof
    faelproof Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi there,

Please see attached photo - very bright light.

This happened to 4 friends:

• The platform you play on - PC
    • (PC) Your PC components including Direct X version - All 4 are on PC
    • When this issue occured for you and how often - This occured about 5-10 minutes ago, after said patch fix was supposed to be implemented
    • (PC) Your log file, if unable to upload your log file for any reason, please contact Player Support with the information.
      Cannot upload their log files, unfortunately.

• Mandy
    Options

I want to thank you all for the information that you're putting on this thread, you are most definitely helping to narrow down the issue.

We've applied a TENTATIVE fix to Steam and Epic Games Store, if this is successful then that will be rolled out to all platforms next week.

Please keep updating us in this thread if you're still having the issues (I'm tightly crossing my fingers).

Thank you all

• LittleWitch
    LittleWitch Member Posts: 1
    edited April 27
    Options

PS5 Player here. Strobe happened to me in the basement (cannot remember of which map), then on garden of joy, just randomly, I was running trying to find a gen. And it happened to me in lobby as well awaiting to find a match. Each time it happened, it lasted for about 15-20 seconds

• tensoenervoso
    tensoenervoso Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

When I played on PS4. At the end . I have a video

• overlapdiver
    overlapdiver Member Posts: 4
    Options
    • Steam/PC player. This happened to me once. I got a video of it as well (flashing lights warning, obviously: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6JrcaKIOYs). As I was dying, I alt tabbed out of my game to play music on Spotify (which is when my game audio briefly goes silent) and I unplugged my PS5 controller right before the strobing happen. Unsure if that's related!

Specs:
      - Legion 5 15ARH05H laptop
      - AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
      - DDR4 32.0 GB
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
      - Windows 10 Home
      - DirectX version: 12
    • Also attaching my log file.

This discussion has been closed.