If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

I Would Have Preferred If The Update Was Delayed Honestly

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,802
edited April 26 in Feedback and Suggestions

I played the PTB and it was a buggy mess, mostly because of the changes to UE5, and I remember making a post (that later got merged into another thread) stating that "I think the community would have preferred if the update/PTB was delayed to iron out all the issues since it's basically unplayable with how buggy/glitchy it is."

Now that the update has released to live servers… yea… this update should have been delayed.

Instead of making a super long post, Ill just make a "short" list of everything:

• Bugged animations.
  • Powers not functioning properly (e.g. Demogorgon's Shred does not work properly sometimes).
  • Bugged maps such as RPD, which can softlock your game and be abused to hold players hostage.
  • Flashlight lights that is honest too much even for those who dont have photo-sensitivity since you get flashbanged repeatedly.
  • New cosmetic for Huntress provides a massive advantage and is basically pay to win, in my opinion.
  • Rubberbanding.
  • Laggy skill checks. Along with Skill Check inputs not registering at all.
  • DLC characters missing for some players. Cosmetics still missing for some players from the update before.
  • Servers crashing, really often.
  • FPS overall lower (was able to get 60-80 FPS before, now I can only get 10-20 FPS), FPS is role dependent and Killer overall has lower FPS for some reason.
  • (For Linux Users) certain versions of Proton/WINE just dont work anymore for some reason, so I had to reconfigure my entire WINE profile for DBD to fix it. (For those who dont know, Proton/WINE are basically ways of running a game that would normally work on Windows since many versions of Linux cannot run .EXE files. Basically pseudo-emulation.)

And all of this is what I experienced just playing the game for a few matches as Survivor and Killer… there is probably more.

I think I can speak for a majority of the community, but we wouldnt mind waiting longer if it means the content we get is higher quality or more polished. I know BHVR is hard at work, they probably have deadlines to meet, but the community is not opposed to waiting a few more weeks just so we dont get a buggy, unplayable mess.

None of this is to bash the developers of course, there are a lot of lovely people who work at BHVR, just I really wanted to voice my opinion on this update as a whole.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 554
    Options

Wait whats the huntress advantage?

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 206
    edited April 26
    Options

THe new skin the lullaby is very soft due to it being a deeper voice. However, you can turn on the visual heart beat and see the lullaby through that letting you the huntress is close. So i wouldn't consider it pay to win as there is a way to detect it.

• get_barted
    get_barted Member Posts: 206
    Options

Also read in another post that the huntress skin being quiet is not intentional and has been raised as a bug

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

Seriously, we should have had more forewarning about the engine update prior to the PTB but I don't even know if that would have helped considering all the new bugs that popped up on live.

I wonder if they're going to reconsider doing a health update after this fiasco.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,802
    edited April 26
    Options

The closest we got to a "health patch" was Patch 6.1.0, and even then, it was more of a "meta shakeup" than anything else.

Also BHVR is full of talented people, the issue is that said talented people are forced to release content that might not be finished because the studio, as a whole, has corporate deadlines to meet, to put it bluntly, they are not given enough time. :(

Keep in mind that I dont work at BHVR, I can only speak from what limited information I am aware of from past developer streams and such, so I could be completely wrong here, and my apologies if so.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,111
    Options

Oh I am aware, I meant no disrespect to the developers and know it's not magic to fix every problem and all. I'm just hoping the game doesn't spiral downwards in terms of bugs, glitches, and whatnot every patch. I noticed sometimes old bugs previously patched pop back up alongside new ones as well. And as you said, it doesn't help they have deadlines and a steady stream of income to consider at all times with new chapters, cosmetics and such.

I don't envy their position in this, especially when a lot of users are upset. I just hope they can manage to fix as much of this as possible with the new engine having so much pop up at once.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

Let us add to the list an exploit with Potential Energy, invisible traps, laggy servers (playing Huntress right now should be a crime), Balanced Landing, Twins and skirtless Ada. And these are juts the issues I know of. On top of the already existing bugs.

I know that an engine update is a big deal but this is unacceptable. If an update breaks pretty much the entire game, then it's a horrible update and it should be reverted immediately while they work on a solution. You can't keep breaking the game like this. Fixing this mess will take quite some time and if history has taught us anything, more bugs are just around the corner when it comes to future patches.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,459
    Options
  • ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 404
    Options

invisible traps

Not the buff Trapper needs, but one he deserves.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

"Yo Mr. White, are we in the trap business? Or are we in the killing business?" ~ Jesse Trapman, Breaking Bear

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

I try to play killer and I keep getting crashes and it's painful to motivate myself to keep playing so I'll just wait until the crashing is fixed.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 63
    Options

The hatchet wind up grunt of the huntress with this skin is so silent you can barely hear it. So it’s kinda hard to tell when to prepare for that