If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Am I just bad?

Options
dbd900bach
dbd900bach Member Posts: 563

A good while ago I use to play the game pretty avidly and I'd like to think I was pretty good as killer, able to dominate most matches, albeit of course struggling against coordinated swf.

However, I've been much more of a casual player as of late, and while the obvious answer is that I'm just rusty, why does the game seem so much more demanding? Or maybe more glaringly annoying?

If I'm not putting my all into trying to down survivors, or tediously patrol gens only for a survivor to sprint burst way outside my range, then I'm kind of screwed. It just doesn't feel good. Am I complaining? Yes. Am I probably just bad and need to deal with like everyone else? Probably. Maybe I should just tunnel out people or camp but that's even less fun.

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,344
    Options

I didn't notice anything unusual when I played on stream a couple days ago.

It's possible the matchmaker is also bugged, everything else seems to be. Likewise, there's numerous bugs that could be affecting your performance

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,006
    edited April 26
    Options

I’ve been playing for 6 years. Yesterday I was playing Skull Merchant and got taken to Erie of crows, tends to happen a lot. I got stomped and only secured a basement kill at the end with two hooks through the match. Just survivors holding forward and pre dropping and they blasted through generators.

Despite my efforts throughout the game I just got rolled. Honestly, it happens and sometimes things aren’t in your favour. Just do what you can in these kinds of matches. I have ones where I steamroll survivors at 5 gens.

I notice that since MMR, my matches are either fair, roll or be rolled. It’s a mixed bag, compared to before where balance between matches felt more random each time. It is what it is I guess.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,683
    edited April 26
    Options

If your used to dominating on your matches and now your not I'd say matchmaking is doing its job.

As no player is supposed to win every match though this is what majority of killers all want.