If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

This Game Is Actually Unplayable

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,804
edited April 29 in General Discussions

20 FPS the entire time. Stuttering. Rubberbanding. Powers not working properly. Teleporting.

Before the update I could stay at a solid 60-80 FPS. Now Im at 20 FPS... 20. Not everyone has a high end system and before DBD was a game I could consistently play without any issues, but after the update it has basically become unplayable for me just from the performance.

I WANT to play DBD. I WANT to work on the new Rift. But I physically cannot play your game if the performance is this terrible. And it feels awful to see the days go by, the timer ticking down, and me basically being unable to make any form of progress in the game because of something out of my control.

Whenever I play Killer, it's like Im swinging in the dark since the performance is so awful that Im basically forced into wiffing because of the awful FPS. Whenever I play Survivor, I cant hit Skill Checks, my inputs dont physically register half the time and the skill checks lag so badly.

Ive never wanted to play DBD so badly only for it to be physically unplayable due to performance.

Comments

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    edited April 29
    Options

The Unreal Engine update introduced two new graphics quality options in the GameUserSettings.ini (sg.GlobalIlluminationQuality=0, sg.ReflectionQuality=0) that might not be set to "0" automatically. Make sure they are.

Maybe a GPU driver update could help you if you haven't done so in a while. With the switch to UE5, DbD now runs on DX12 by default (as opposed to DX11), and if you're on an old driver it might not be optimized for that. Alternatively or additionally, clear your DirectX shader cache. You can also try to run the game on DX11 again, by using a "-DX11" launch parameter in the Steam properties of the game.

Other than that, there really isn't anything that should have changed, so it might just be your particular system not handling the implementation of the update well. It could also be that the implementation of the update causes problems for more people, I just personally haven't had any (apart from rare microfreezes, although they have been happenning for a few weeks now, even prior to the update). There are a few basic performance tweaks you could try in this thread. The first thing you should try is to use the fullscreen mode and a reduced resolution.

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 264
    Options

Also running on a suboptimal system (old laptop) and the game runs REALLY poorly. I'm on minimum quality, lowest % resolution, windowed fullscreen, 30fps. I usually only get game stutters when opening a menu (pausing mid match, bloodweb/character select) but now it's really really bad and I get lag almost all the time. Haven't tried DX11 yet but as zarr mentioned that could help.