Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tenacity > Unbreakable

ChesterTheMolester
ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
edited February 2019 in General Discussions
After i ran with Unbreakable for a few days, i must admit, while not bad, its overrated hot #########. Everytime im slugged and trying to make use of it one of the following is going to happen: 

1. The Killer will pick me up and hook me after finishing whatever business he was at.

2. A teammate comes along and just picks me up, which makes it useless. 

3. The Killer doesn't leave the area and smacks me down again within a second.

I switched to Tenacity and i must say i really underestimated it, healing while moving faster is so much better in most scenarios. From getting to a better hiding spot to get picked up, losing Killers that did not expect me to crawl that fast to just minimizing the time i spent on the ground. 

There was a Billy with a pure slug build, i simply kept moving to the opposite direction, the area became to big and obstructed to cover so he picked me up and dropped me next to the other survivor again, however he realized that he couldn't do it again without me wiggling off immediatly so he had the choice of hooking me and have the other survivors pick each other up, or let me go and get picked up knowing the others could get healed while he is looking after me. I shut down this cheesy strat with just this perk. 

I know i could run both but i'm not gonna run 2 perks to counter slugging.
Post edited by ChesterTheMolester on

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I've used Unbreakable while the killer was breaking a pallet in front of me lol. It was funny. Also, when you're one of the last and they're trying to get a 4k, it can be nice to have. I don't typically run either, though.

• ChesterTheMolester

I've used Unbreakable while the killer was breaking a pallet in front of me lol. It was funny. Also, when you're one of the last and they're trying to get a 4k, it can be nice to have. I don't typically run either, though.

Yeah the slug at the end is the only one where it shines but even then you usually just get to the inevitable hatch game anyway.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Yeah unbreakable is too situational. Tenacity is way better and most killers don't expect it.
    I don't run them, but if i did i would run tenacity.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    Vietfox said:
    Yeah unbreakable is too situational. Tenacity is way better and most killers don't expect it.
    I don't run them, but if i did i would run tenacity.
    I usually don't run either but i noticed a huge increase in slugging this year, idk why. 
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I'll have to try it out myself. Rank reset is the perfect time to try new things.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

... USE BOTH!
    But if you're just running one of these Tenacity gives you a chance to make killer be like "where is he....?"

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Well I guess I better grind those shards to get it off of the Shrine then :-)

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

I agree.

Also, tenacity is perfect for when you are slugged and the hatch or exit gates are open. You simply move fast enough where you have a good chance of not only escaping, but avoiding the Killer while doing so.