The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sabo change can be terrifying

supersonic853
supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499
edited May 9 in General Discussions

• [CHANGE] Increased Toolbox sabotage speed across most variants.
  • [CHANGE] Increased effects of sabotage related Add-Ons (Grip Wrench, Cutting Wire, Hacksaw).

Dev notes: Toolboxes are often considered “the repair item” – while this is fine for those who want to use them to repair, we’d like to make sure that sabotage feels like a viable alternative for those who want it.

While I appreciate them trying this there's a lot of nuance to the Sabo speeds currently and things that come into play that can remove the killers counterplay to this. Depending on the speed a survivor can now force a hit into a very quick Sabo and maybe make their get-away. Or they can Sabo from behind a hook to force the killer to move forward to try to hit them but they won't make it in time if their carrying with the reduced speed. And the flashbang into Sabo combo. Basically if there's a survivor nearby with this there might be nothing you can do. (These are my initial thoughts just knowing how fast the sabo currently can be and the fact they are buffing the sabo addons even more with this update). It's no 2017 dbd where you can just keep the hook 99d and tap it. But I'm sure people will find some combos.

Comments

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 165
    edited May 9

It's going to be a huge mistake if these changes actually come through. Sabo is an almost guaranteed way to deny hooks if used well coordinated and this is going to make dealing with it even worse.

Post edited by JustAShadow on
  • Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 508

Let’s not forget that the killers main objective is to hook the survivors 😂 the hook spawns are already bad enough might be time to run knock out build

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 130

Don't worry, you have another hook placed 2 meters further ahead.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

Sabo'ing is pointless unless two survivors use a hook offering.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

Midwich lerys and gideon: "let us introduce ourselves" also with this now the survivor can wait till the killer gets closer to the hook to pop out to do the sabo. So the killer probably won't have the time to get to another hook.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

The issue is that if sabo is ever actually strong, then killers will just slug en masse.

I understand saboing is part of the game but it's just not fun to play against as killer, as the only counter is to slug, which survivors then complain about.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    tyantlmumagjiaonuha Member Posts: 550

I don't understand the reason for the buff in the first place, that it's because survivors don't know they can sabotage. If so, they could have included it in the tutorial or highlighted it in red in the explanation. Even if it finally passes the PTB and is fully implemented, there will definitely be players who haven't seen the patch description or BhVR's SNS, so they won't know that sabotage is possible.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117
    edited May 9

sabo changes will do nothing. you can just drop survivor at the hook and hook will come back in 30 seconds. scottjund had a video showing how irrelevant it is. toolbox might be only usable for SWF.