Is everyone elses MM broken rn?

Options
MoNosEmpire
MoNosEmpire Member Posts: 649
edited May 11 in General Discussions

I've played possibly 30 games so far as a survivor between last night and today and this is how it's going so far:

• 11 huntresses
  • 3 legions
  • 2 plagues
  • 2 chuckys
  • 2 hillbillys
  • 2 deathslingers
  • 2 doctors
  • 3 clowns
  • 2 ghostface's
  • 2 artist
  • 3 weskers
  • 2 knights

Is there a bug with huntress or ???

Post edited by MoNosEmpire on

Comments

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,892
    Options

There's nothing to prevent you from matching with the same killers, there's either a lot of peplaying Huntress right now, or it's just random chance.

For the record, I also go against far more Huntresses than I'd like.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,461
    Options

I swear, the fact the content creators called out that change in mmr last time broke this community

Your mmr is in no way determining what killer you a going to face. It’s just the skill level of your opponent (and teammates) - based on a calculated score which is literally only influenced by escapes/kills and it doesn’t even match that strictly and short queue times are always preferred instead of mmr-accurate matchmaking..

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

I always thought it was to do with your MMR rating because when I play really good the game pits me against a Nurse which absolutely obliterates my team almost every time and when I play bad I get queue'd up against someone like freddy.

Yesterday night and today morning I went against huntress 4X in a row and to make it worse it's always on a map like haddonfield or one with 0 counterplay.

• Seraphor
    Options

Nurse and Blight are perhaps the only killers whose prevalence has correlation with MMR, and maybe Freddy too but in the other direction.

So yes, a very high MMR might get ypu more of those.

But Huntress as far as I'm aware is relatively common at all skill levels.

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

What are you referring to by the first sentence mate?

I've only been playing for a little over a year or two now so not sure if I was around for what you're referencing.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,243
    Options

Huntress is a strong killer that just got buffed and is free, there are always going to be way more people playing her than most killers

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

I don't think I would find it as bad rn if the map choices weren't horribly selected or laid out.

Since I know you've got a large amount of hours in this game, do you also know if the new cinema map is still in the game? I've played it twice since the update and haven't seen it since.

• Seraphor
    Options

It is, but with as many maps as we have, getting any one particular map by chance is slim, and it shares an offering with Garden of Joy, so chances are survivors aren't playing that offering as much now.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,461
    Options

It was end of 2023 I think. Otz and other big content creators speculated that the devs must have changed something regarding mmr and it turned out to be true (the softcap for high skill was upped so there was a tighter bracket for high skilled players)

Since then people asking if the devs changed something regarding mmr skyrocketed and you see at least a few threads every week where people ask this.

also knowledge about mmr seems to be pretty bad in the community and still people act like they know exactly what’s going on when it couldn’t be further from the truth..

I don’t only want to blame the community and the content creators here (which are to blame to some degree though) - but the whole SBMM topic isn’t well communicated by the devs..

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

As soon as I complained to you about it I got the map LOL

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

Thanks for the clarification, I've amended my post title to better reflect what I was talking about.

I know all about the sbmm on games like apex but it doesn't seem too different to here. From your explanation I can tell that BHVR took inspiration from games such as COD when COD admitted to having SBMM the entire time, even as far back as MW2 and they favoured matchmaking speed over skill. I think this game does prefer skill over speed but due to the killer selection pool they sometimes struggle to do that as I saw with the 4X huntresses last night and this morning.

I also believe their non-communication in regards to SBMM is more for keeping a competitive advantage and not because they want to hide it from the player base.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 693
    Options

Meanwhile I go on average 68 matches without seeing Huntress once and it’s very annoying. Just a bunch of Blights, Nurses, Weskers and Plagues. She has a 6% pick rate but I’m assuming that’s at low MMR.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 363
    Options

There's nothing preventing repeat killers. One time I went against 5 nurses in a row.

I still have flashbacks

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

I had 3 nurses in a row at most I believe. It's good when they can't track you through walls by hearing your survivor panting for their life but when the killers who actually use a headset with all the extra addons? There's really nothing you can do except hope for the best lol

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

For huntress? I beg to differ lol, I think she's around the middle somewhere tbh. I haven't seen a bad huntress yet.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,198
    Options

She's a free strong killer who is very popular just how it goes

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 693
    Options

You don't see bad ones but you don't see many great ones either. There is a reason why she has the third lowest kill rate in the game at the top MMR AND 5th Lowest at General MMR, That's from the Dev stats themselves. People don't play her much at high MMR because while she is good, she has an insane amount of drawbacks. Idk if you ever watch comp DBD but almost every single time they play Huntress, they get absolutely destroyed.

• MoNosEmpire
    Options

I do not watch comp dbd, maybe sometime I will. I'm assuming it's streamed live on Twitch?

For me huntresses never miss lol