The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Mori change is unnecessary

NobodyNamedGost
NobodyNamedGost Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 9

The yellow mori being base is great. Only thing that isnt is reworking the 2 other mori’s. I hardly ever see mori’s in play, so rarely get to be mori’d as survivor. Now it’ll happen even less. Why bother making cool mori’s for killers if you’ll hardly see them with this update? Plus one of the most fun moments of this game was photo bombing a ghostface mori. I have so many clips and pics from survivors doing that. That will no longer be a thing. It seems we’re just getting rid of all the fun mechanics and moments from this game.

Comments

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 803

They changed the pink mori? How else do I publicly declare war now?

• NobodyNamedGost

not yet, but basically will grant bloodpoints for a finisher mori from my understanding. No longer gives you the ability to mori any survivor

• jotaro
    jotaro Member Posts: 173

what changes??

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Yeah, I'm upset with this change.

• KTH
    KTH Member Posts: 15

Yes cause a killer tunneling someone just to get their mori is really fun

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited May 14

You're still getting tunneled either way it goes. At least with moris you'd get a fun death with a chance to have a funny clip of someone photobombing the cinematic. Finisher mori being a thing is great, but losing the other mori opportunities is a bad trade off. It's another case of where there is a way to have both, but the devs just choosing not to. Hopefully, they at the very least are considering a way to give the mori system more freedom.

Post edited by ReikoMori on
  • KTH
    KTH Member Posts: 15

Tunneling already is unfun to go against most killers just bm before the mori and it then just adds more salt to the wound in my experience

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,581

BHVR seems to hate their own Mori system for some reason.

• NobodyNamedGost

you assume every killer that brings a mori will tunnel for it. Killers will tunnel regardless of a mori or not and it will equally be as unfun. So this changes nothing about that

• NobodyNamedGost

they once said that a mori is used sometimes in a malicious way. Yet we can still tunnel, hit on hook, hump, tbag, nod, and bleed out. So what is really malicious here

• NobodyNamedGost

Being salty or frustrated about a mori in a video game is a personal problem. It’s not that serious

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Making Cypress Mori basekit was one of the most requested ways to rework moris. BHVR are absolutely listening to feedback here.

I don't get the issue. "I never see mori's". Well now you'll see them more often, because they're basekit. And you won't need to sacrifice your BP bonus to use them.

• NobodyNamedGost

they’re not base kit. Only the yellow one is. Which means only the last survivor will see it. Unless the killer decides to let them go. You will see it for sure but rarely unless you’re the only survivor left every time.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,199

Yes I know. You will still see them more often, especially if you spectate the remaining survivors.

I currently see them roughly every 50 games, now it'll be on average about every 12th game if you consider the killer getting a 4k on average every 3rd and that last survivor being you 1/4 of those times.

Meanwhile as killer, every time you 4k, you get a mori. That's huge.

• ZamasuManzon
    ZamasuManzon Member Posts: 186

Absolutely NOBODY asked for this.
    I hope devs see these posts and decide to not go forward with it.
    Will post the same solution I've posted in other threads here. It's basically Cypress Mori with a little tweak.

IF two survs are already dead, the third is in the floor or hooked and you down the 4th THEN you get a prompt to use it on the last surv. You and he/she are teleported to an area with no visual blocking, mori happens and then both survs die and the match ends.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,409

I will never be alright with the games coming to a forced end. Mori's are literally fine. I've been pretty upset about this specific thing all day tbh. Maybe its just my time.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 921

I wasn't a big fan of this "system" the first time they had experimented with it, and I'm also not a fan of this "iteration" on it which is really just the same thing with most of the accompanying changes removed.

First of all, mori kills could actually become overall more rare now that there won't be offerings for it, and they absolutely will become more rare on an individual player basis (as killer currently we can of course bring the mori offerings and kill vastly more people with them than we will with the finisher mori). This constitutes a nerf too, because mori offerings can be used to play around things such as DS, flashlight, pallet and sabo saves and so on. And secondly, I think the finisher mori mechanic will encourage "slugging for the 4k" even more, because people will want to get that cinematic conclusion to the match, and this refusing to kill the second-to-last survivor is a tiresome, tedious gameplay aspect that should long have been addressed to begin with.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407
    edited May 15

I groaned out loud as soon as they mentioned the Finisher Mori. I knew it was too good to be true that it was done away with. But I know they'll likely be selling more and more special moris soon so they weren't gonna abandon it. I'm gonna have to try and not be part of the final 2 in a lost game anymore because this is absolutely gonna mean more slugging for that person. Especially if they're selling moris. People will want what they paid for and won't risk the last survivor getting hatch.