I hope the Castlevania chapter is based on the games and not the Netflix series

Options
Visi
Visi Member Posts: 48

Castlevania is very special to me. I've been playing the series for almost 30 years and I was incredibly excited by the teaser today. I just hope that the chapter's content is based off the games and not Netflixvania. I know that the series enjoys a baffingly level of support from the more general audience, but as a long time fan of the game series, I absolutely hate it. I know this will prompt some negative reactions from fans of the show, but it's difficult for me to enjoy it when it so thoroughly butchers and warps the source material. That's all. I said my piece.

Comments

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Im there with ya. I'd personally love to see Dracula and Simon. So many Castlevania's over the years, there's a plethora of characters to choose from. Here's hoping its gold and not Skull Merchant levels of suck.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,292
    Options

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of Netflix's take on the series. it felt more like someone else's gritty edgy fantasy Witcher-esque story with Castlevania's name slapped onto it.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

I’d rather a classical original Dracula over the more modern iterations that Bram Stokers novel spawned.

You know a pinnacle piece of work when everything that comes after it mimics it.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,621
    Options

I think the series was good, even tho it was not classic Castlevania. But it is unrealistic to think that this would work well as a Series, some Belmont jumping around in a castle destroying lamps and furniture for some coins would not really be something which would be entertaining.

And while I would also prefer it to be based more on the videogame, I would not hate it when it is based on the series.

• FreddyVoorhees
    FreddyVoorhees Member Posts: 324
    edited May 15
    Options

I also hope its game based. The series had a good start when it followed the script of Iga (for season 1) but after that it devolved into mess. The animation was stellar , the voice acting , the fights. The story though… just a mess. It fully moved away from the source material. Even Adi Shankar himself criticized the last two seasons. Hope he does DMC rightly.
    Dbd being a game it should support the game version of CV. 30+ titles have a world of fans too.

BHVR , please get the OG voice actor for Dracula.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 377
    Options

As long as the Killer is Dracula, I'm good with him. Can't wait.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,098
    Options

I don’t care as long as it’s Dracula with the lower to summons giant burning meteors.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 187
    Options

Seeing both the cape and the shape of his hair in the teaser, im pretty sure its Symphony of the Night Dracula.

• Unusedkillername
    Unusedkillername Member Posts: 215
    Options

Classic killers would be sick.

Frankenstein, Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde and so on.