Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Worst killer(s) in everyones opinion?

2»

Answers

• CaseTrain3322
    CaseTrain3322 Member Posts: 30

nope you must consider add-ons when evaluating a killer. I can't say Myers is good, but there are others who perform worse than him. Plus he has basic insta-downs which a Freddy or a Sadako haven't.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

Even then tombstone isn't that insane when you recognize that the amount of time it takes to gain enough evil within to get one kill is not too far off from the amount of time it would take to hard tunnel one survivor out of the match, which some killers can do very well. Also the fact that the mori is telegraphed if you know what to look for, which can then be countered by just hopping into a locker. And honestly, I do think base kit map mobility and slowdown are more valuable abilities that an instadown that takes time to build up.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,299

None. All Killers are magnificent in their own way.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

So you are judging them on console? I think Pigs dash is quite good now and both are far from the bottom tier.

• CaseTrain3322
    CaseTrain3322 Member Posts: 30

use the purple one (not telegraphed) + j myers memorial and bring corrupt, 99% the power and use it when they can't jump in lockers. I repeat, it's a C tier killer, but there are worse ones.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Freddy, Ghostface, Trapper, and Myers if you dont count the Tombstone piece

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

I'm definitely in the minority for the bubba opinion but i truly believe he terrible. You have to moon walk chainsaw for this guy to even be playable. otherwise u running around eating through pallets which don't sound to bad in theory but waste to much time

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

No. Strawman. With Chucky's 2% Haste after a Scamper add-on, you still can't get a survivor before they get back to the pallet, unless you use his dash attack (only usable on PC). And that's the part that's getting nerfed, that you'll no longer be able to dash attack after a Scamper, because it won't let you Scamper unless you're already mid-dash attack. Pig's dash attack is still countered by running away as soon as she crouches. 99% of the time, you're better off hitting a survivor with M1 instead of using that attack, because I'll use 2 dash attack/crouch improvement add-ons, and won't be able to hit a survivor unless they screw up their movement. Her strength was in her head traps the few times she could actually get a down, and that's been nerfed like 3-4 times. So I'm confident in my opinions, because they've been formed by years of high level play, even though I sometimes bring up console issues which clearly not enough people respect.

• Archol123

But that already makes him better than Freddy... If you don't have a close by tile against Bubba you just go down.

• Archol123

What do you mean by strawman?

Whether or not you can reach them before they make it around the tile fully depends on how big the tile is... You won't make it around a small loop, but that does not really matter because small loops are not safe anyway, whereas the longer ones allow you to get a hit there.

With those two addons you might even be able to still get a hit despite them running away, and even if not you barely lose distance because of the lower missed attack cooldown.

Well I disagree with that opinion but you are free to believe whatever you want.

• danielmaster87

I said strawman because you said I judge killers just on console. No. I do play exclusively on console, there are certain killers that are far superior on PC, but that's not where my game knowledge is limited to. It seems like people are always looking for excuses to disregard what I say rather than addressing the actual argument.

Hag doesn't go from C tier to S tier just because she can bind tp to scroll wheel; she can be beat by some following her around all game. Deathslinger's instascope was balanced, because he was never played in tournament, and lost regularly (as 110%s do) at high level since he's a weaker Legion. Freddy was never S tier even at his strongest, because he was literally just an M1. I sure do have disagreeable opinions, and they're here to stay because they're based on experience/easily observable stuff, and have yet to be disproven.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 938

Ghostface and Myers (both without add-ons).

With add-ons is probably Freddy.

• this_aint_h00die
    this_aint_h00die Member Posts: 79

its kind of a stretch to say all killers are "magnificent", I 100% agree, but its more solely on the player tbh

• this_aint_h00die

I personally tried pig (and hated it) but that's more because I wasted all of my reverse bear traps and they just unlocked them all, but I might try her again, just don't know what i'd do with her tbh

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I would say Freedy.

Yeah there are other bad killers, but even those have strong addons or playstyle (Tombstone mayers/Basement Trapper).

Freddy have nothing. Just kepchup on the floor.

You want fake pallet? Then no kepchup.

Like, come on.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

Definitely not Pig or Sadako. Get out of here haters!

My bet is on Freddy, Trapper and Myers.

Myers gets elevated by two addons. But without them, hes extremely bad. Freddy never feels powerful and Trappers power takes too much timeinvestment just to be disabled by survivors.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

I don't think it do. Freddy puddles have a better chance of getting a hit at a loop than even a good moon walking bubba. "If you don't have a close by tile against Bubba you just go down." I mean yeah if u spawn in on Rancid, Haddonfield, or pale rose... Most maps got resources everywhere even if they not strong loops.

• Cypherius
    Cypherius Member Posts: 138

Freddy. None of his builds are threatening, he has no snowball potential and no map that elevates him to a different tier.

At least Trapper can make some okayish end game builds with Iridescent Stone and Myers has Tombstone Piece.

• Archol123

I asked if you do that... The sentence even had a question mark... So maybe don't jump to conclusions that easily.

Deathslinger is a weaker Legion?? Excuse me how even, Legion has basically no chase power whereas Slinger has quite good antiloop xD Calling Slinger a weaker legion is a wild statement ^^ Legion is an m1 killer and really good survivors will basically run him the entire game, whereas against Slinger he will get downs and hooks, not necessarily win the game but get a better result for sure.

• Archol123

I love buffed pig, her dash is actually usable and it is quite fun to play around with it, she is probably around average now in my mind.

• Archol123

But he burns through them really quickly, so while yes at the beginning there are resources but you will destroy them and therefore create dead zones.

Freddy's 15% slow is not nearly good enough, it only works on sleeping survivors, alarm clocks are a thing and even when they are asleep the power is still not good.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844
    edited May 17

I personally think it's Trapper. I don't think any Killer power in the game is as easy to disable as Trapper's. All a team needs to do is double up and help each other out of traps and he's got nothing. SWFs will often dedicate a team member to go around the map tripping all your traps, which can be very annoying too. And then there's also the chance a Survivor will escape your traps after just one attempt.

I think he's borderline unplayable against higher MMR Survivors unless you bring certain add-ons or go all in on securing a basement kill.

I still enjoying playing the odd Trapper game and he can still be good in capable hands on certain maps, but hands down he feels like the weakest Killer to play as to me.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Since im seeing majority saying Ghostface what can they buff without making him unfun to go against? Increase Stalk rate? Buff against Reveal Mechanic? Knife sheath basekit?

• this_aint_h00die

i genuinely don't know why anyone said Sadako, hurts ngl ☺️, M1 killers aren't bad ;_;

• Archol123

Ghostface is nowhere near the weakest and actually in quite a good spot.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Please help Freddy out with buff. He suffered enough

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,507

I have to say Trapper. I think his bracket is mostly for lower mmr Survivors.

• danielmaster87

I don't know if you've noticed but Deathslinger is garbage. Legion can do better as an M1 than he can. Deathslinger is 110%, full terror radius, can't instascope, and has a microscopic harpoon hitbox worse than Nemesis. Worse than Nemesis. Combine that with survivors turning (in order to dodge) like they've got rocket boots on or are on ice, you can't hit anyone with your power unless they're in a straight hallway with no dodge room. They twitch, you miss. Therefore, his best add-ons are his miss cooldown and "faster while holding up gun" add-ons, because you're almost never gonna hit that shot. If I had to choose between Legion and Deathslinger on who I'd have a better chance to win with, I pick Legion every time.

This is why everyone plays Unknown these days, because they don't have time for the flea-sized hitboxes of the other ranged killers. And even he has huge issues.

• danielmaster87

No, they're just gonna keep calling him fine. He was an "S tier", remember? 😄

• danielmaster87

They are bad. It's all choreographed, everything they can do. Sadako's tp, Pig's dash attack, Freddy's tp, etc. What can they do at shack or a long wall jungle gym? Ask yourself that when considering killer strength.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

there is a lot of killer that are running for worst killers in the game.

Trapper → SWF can call out traps, you have no ability. negative setup time for no pay off.

Myer's → Forced setup time for lower TR which SWF laugh at and instant downs. Unlike Sadako, His tombstone piece does redeeming qualities.

Freddy → A killer that starts no ability for 60 second into a trial that survivors where survivor can turn off for 90 seconds per clock interaction. Poor anti-loop snares, telegraphed teleport.

Deathslinger → A reactable ranged weapon that often wastes more time then helps. 32 meter TR on 4.4 m/s killer allowing pre-running.

Sadako: A killer whose teleport is entirely gated by televisions in which survivor can turn off for 70 seconds with the fastest interaction of 1 second. Grants survivors aura reading on televisions allowing survivor to locate generators quickly. Has bugged invisibility that barely functions. Has almost no threat on the curse mechanic.

Ghostface: A power that is turned off by the survivor looking at you with highest reward being an instant down.

Venca: Lich might be new kid on the block to join these killers.

• Archol123

Hard disagree, Legion is one of the worst killers in the game while Slinger is at least in the better half... Against good players an m1 killer really is not a threat and Slinger best addon probably still is reload speed...