Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is Flight of the Damned useless?

Triforcer
Triforcer Member Posts: 180

The other 3 have helped me out a ton, but I've never hit this once - since all you have to do is crouch. I read somewhere the devs are specifically dead set on crouching negating this - why?

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,722

The other 3 have helped me out a ton

Basically, there you go. Unlike other killers, Vecna has four powers. If he had a strong ranged attack on top of three other abilities, he'd be way too strong.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,940

I used it mostly for zoning. You have an ability that tells the survivor to crouch mid chase. That's a power as well.

Other uses I have yet to discover.

That is very insightful! Thanks a lot!

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

They work at the shack and at vaults. You can fire them at hooks too which is cheeky. They do feel useless a lot of the time but they can work from time to time. Would be better if you could add vertical aim, so you can fire up to elevated areas or towards the ground to get those that are crouching or healing.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 151

when used in a situation when the survivor cannot see you cast the spell its exceptionally hard to counter/react to.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 705

BHVR refuses to make killer powers that don’t have a built-in guaranteed counter or drawback.

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 829

Skeletons are not meant to be tossed willy nilly and expect to get cross map game winning killcams

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 285

I still dont have a solid opinion on FotD.

The cast time after the buffs is sure fast as hell. Do it when you are near the survivor (or even better if they cannot see you due to a wall) and its incredibly hard to counter. It also can lead to hits on some pallets/windows if you do it well enough.

But on the other hand, still crouchable… i mean, why, really? Why Huntress, Trickster, Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Alien, etc (all the killers with ranged/semi-ranged attacks) can use them freely and having counterplay but not completely negated by crouching but Vecna is crouchable? Is this spell's "only" job to lead to M1 hits?

If the attack had like, enormous hitbox or was extremely hard to dodge it, it could maybe be more reasonable. But the attack hitbox is still tiny and once the skeletons start going seems to be easy as hell to dodge even without crouching. Bonus points if the survivor has the item to counter it.

The buffs were really appreciated, i am actually start getting hits right now, not like in PTB, but i still need to play more games to have a solid opinion..

• bunbun
    bunbun Member Posts: 416

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 664

I think once people get used to the launching range and start placing them on top of survivors during chase they will become more useful. If done properly it's pretty much an instant hit or they have to crouch mid chase fairly close which results in an M1.

Trying to use them to mind game is fairly weak and more luck than anything else. Zoning also works fairly well.

I think with the current state of Mage hand if you have him a solid range attack he would be very OP.