Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why Trapper no refill trap from locker?

Y?

Comments

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Becausean infinite trap like scenario?
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

The biggest boost they could give the Trapper, which would put him solid upper-mid tier is to give him access to more traps on-hand. Having only 1 trap and needing to search around the field to get more is the biggest weakness. I need to establish pressure by setting the field, if I have to traverse the map to get 4 traps set, I'm already facing 3-4 gens done. If I try to chase first, I never get the field set. My best matches are when I carry 1 or more extra traps. I can get 2-4 traps set in the first 60 seconds and start corralling the survivors in that direction.

Seriously, having the trapper grab a trap from the locker is not that bad of an idea. Just have a random unset trap on the map disappear when he does. Does not increase the number of traps, but allows the trapper to pressure the map consistently.

The best trap placement is in areas they can't be disarmed, and survivors travel - The hay stack on the combine, the window ledge on Lampkin lane. If someone trips them and gets out before you can get there, you now have to go way out of the way to retrieve and reset the trap. Much better if I could hit a locker and set it somewhere else. Saves me 40 seconds on a killer whose power can hinder him as much as the survivors half the time. (Survivor dead hards over a trap, I have to go around. Survivor weaves around a trap, I have to go around. 20 seconds retrieving and setting a trap adds up fast for each one!)

• jaerthebear
    jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
    Y no limit trap like hag tho???
  • Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2019
    I was about to say that...

What if he could have 10 traps, and when he places all ten of them, the circle arrow mark appears. If he tries to to place more than ten, the earliest placed trap (the first one) disappears. Just like how the hag’s traps work.

If a Survivor disarms a trap, the trap goes back into his inventory. If a Survivor sabotages a trap, there’s a cooldown before the trap goes back into his inventory. This cooldown could be altered by add-ons.

This’ll also stop Survivors from knowing it’s The Trapper right away, because they wont see any unarmed traps at the start.
    Post edited by Ajritoka on
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I am down to any trapper buffs at this point.

Stitched bag should be baseline and it should happen like tomorrow or even now. I still don't know why it is not the case. Devs hello?

If you don't know what stitched bag does, here is it.

Skin pieces of all sorts crudely stitched together making for a very large bag.
    Start with 2 extra Bear Traps.
    Allows the transportation of 2 extra Bear Traps.

• OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    She's a short slow killer and she's not really meant to be in chases but just to mind game and cut survivors off with her traps.

Trapper is taller and he moves faster then her but with the right add-on with him, you can either carry 3 traps or make it wherever your traps are open automatically.

With his irredecent stone add-on it's best that whatever traps you have you just put them down at strong loops and even if a survivor pops it... It doesn't matter because it will reset itself so you don't have to waste time resetting it yourself.

He even has a add-on that injury survivors if they decide to pop his trap. If anything trapper in my opinion is in a pretty good spot and if you run across a really good trapper that knows how to stop loops well. Goodluck!
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

She's a short slow killer and she's not really meant to be in chases but just to mind game and cut survivors off with her traps.

Trapper is taller and he moves faster then her but with the right add-on with him, you can either carry 3 traps or make it wherever your traps are open automatically.

With his irredecent stone add-on it's best that whatever traps you have you just put them down at strong loops and even if a survivor pops it... It doesn't matter because it will reset itself so you don't have to waste time resetting it yourself.

He even has a add-on that injury survivors if they decide to pop his trap. If anything trapper in my opinion is in a pretty good spot and if you run across a really good trapper that knows how to stop loops well. Goodluck!

Everything you listed depends on addons and the killers who depend on addons are considered bad. Look at the good killers like Nurse, hillbilly, spirit, hag, huntress. Does any of them require addons? I don't think so.

The fact that trapper is taller and moves faster doesn't make him as good as hag. I think that even with very good addons (choose whichever you want), trapper is way below the hag if he is facing good survivors..

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@jaerthebear said:
    Y?

Not all killers are meant to be viable sadly

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

What if he could have 10 traps, and when he places all ten of them, the circle arrow mark appears. If he tries to to place more than ten, the earliest placed trap (the first one) disappears. Just like how the hag’s traps work.

If a Survivor disarms a trap, the trap goes back into his inventory. If a Survivor sabotages a trap, there’s a cooldown before the trap goes back into his inventory. This cooldown could be altered by add-ons.
    You know how you can crouch to get past Hag traps?  Try to do that when a crapload of bear traps are surrounding the hook.
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Delfador said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Everything you listed depends on addons and the killers who depend on addons are considered bad. Look at the good killers like Nurse, hillbilly, spirit, hag, huntress. Does any of them require addons? I don't think so.

The fact that trapper is taller and moves faster doesn't make him as good as hag. I think that even with very good addons (choose whichever you want), trapper is way below the hag if he is facing good survivors..

Pretty much every killer but Nurse is add-on depended.
    My point here is that every killer main wants this and that in a killers base kit... I get it... Some killers are good and some are bad.

Not all killers can be on the same level as Nurse and the biggest problem is that everyone trys to play every other killer the same when they're not all the same.

So you're saying you want to play killers without add-ons because they shouldn't be add-on depended. Meanwhile, we have ppl playing the best killer in the game whom doesn't even need add-ons to be played, but yet... Everyone is still using her best add-ons?
    So why shouldn't we use the weaker killers best add-ons that helps us play better? 
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@TAG said:
    KillerRaccoon said:

jaerthebear said:

Dokta_Carter said:

You know how you can crouch to get past Hag traps?  Try to do that when a crapload of bear traps are surrounding the hook.

Its 2019. Trapping hooked Survivors hasnt been viable for a long time (unless its the basement).

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:
    So why shouldn't we use the weaker killers best add-ons that helps us play better? 

Because best addons are too infrequent unless you farm a lot to get a bunch of them.
    Nobody says all the killers must have the power of Nurse, but at least a bit less addon dependant.
    If devs don't want to put stitched bag to trapper without addons at least they should remove trapper gloves and trapper bag and make stitched bag a common addon.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    just limit it.
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Delfador said:

@OGlilSPOOK20 said:

Agree with you.
    People don't understand the issue with Trapper. Yeah, he's viable at low ranks, because the survivors aren't optimal at gens and you have plenty of time to set up traps. But at high ranks it's nearly deadly for your game to collect and set up only 3 traps. And as you said, if you chase someone asap you will never set up any traps 
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    PigNRun said:

@TAG said:
    KillerRaccoon said:

jaerthebear said:

Dokta_Carter said:

Its 2019. Trapping hooked Survivors hasnt been viable for a long time (unless its the basement).

It's different when you have 10 traps at once that would all go back into your inventory as a Survivor attempted to disarm his way through them.  You could very easily make the area around the hook way more unsafe to approach than flooding the hook area with mud traps (since, again, mud traps can be crouched over to avoid detection).