DC’ing despite knowing you’ve lost

Options
How do you guys feel about it? I’ve only ever DC’d due to massive spikes in Lag and when I’ve been tunnelled after my second hook.

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don’t unless something important is going on in real life. Getting the BP is enough to keep me in the game. 
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Options

I have only DCed when its a real life issue, and even that is rare. Usually I stay in game and let the survivors farm me or if playing survivor, give the killer a free kill. No reason to punish others and make them lose BP because of my life issues.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    How do you guys feel about it? I’ve only ever DC’d due to massive spikes in Lag and when I’ve been tunnelled after my second hook.

I dont get it.
    If an other survivor make a bad unhook, then i tunnel.
    Because it was a bad unhook and he shouldnt get this extra points.
    And you DC, if it happen.
    Survivor can make mistakes, but you DC after 1 mistake.
    You are the bad teammate in this moment.

PS: DC because reallife is good.
    Because reallife is important.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I've only DC'ed if something bugs out and I can't move or something. One time long ago, I teleported to a trap as Hag and the guy had dropped the pallet. I was stuck inside the pallet, and had no other traps in the area to teleport to so I DC'ed. Another time as survivor the exit gates were bugged and I couldn't leave (I would just walk past the threshold towards the campfire), so I DC'ed. I probably could have taken hatch but IIRC there was another survivor in the trial still that had the same thing happen, so I let them take the hatch and I left.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Options
    ShyN3ko said:

@JammyJewels said:

I dont get it.

I’ll tell you now, I DC’d because of tunnelling only once, which was a few moments ago. I was playing Laurie, levelling her up to get 3 slots and her Adept. And facing a Legion I would be unhooked... but no matter how far I was, the Legion only went for me. And mind you that the Legion did not hook anyone in between my rescues, so BBQ & Chilli didn’t aid them. Nor did Object of Obsession because I didn’t have it equipped. No... the Legion would give up the chase they were in just to get me.

I am not a bad team mate just because I left only a few seconds before I would’ve died anyway. A bad teammate leaves before they’ve been downed once just due to the killer they’re facing, or DC’ing because “Why not”. DC’ing is acceptable as long as the reasoning is, such as for an Insulin-dependent Diabetic like myself.
  • lasombra1979
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    ShyN3ko said:

@JammyJewels said:

I dont get it.

I’ll tell you now, I DC’d because of tunnelling only once, which was a few moments ago. I was playing Laurie, levelling her up to get 3 slots and her Adept. And facing a Legion I would be unhooked... but no matter how far I was, the Legion only went for me. And mind you that the Legion did not hook anyone in between my rescues, so BBQ & Chilli didn’t aid them. Nor did Object of Obsession because I didn’t have it equipped. No... the Legion would give up the chase they were in just to get me.

I am not a bad team mate just because I left only a few seconds before I would’ve died anyway. A bad teammate leaves before they’ve been downed once just due to the killer they’re facing, or DC’ing because “Why not”. DC’ing is acceptable as long as the reasoning is, such as for an Insulin-dependent Diabetic like myself.

If I may ask, when Legion switched from current target to you, were you in an injured state?

• JammyJewels
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    ShyN3ko said:

@JammyJewels said:

I dont get it.

If I may ask, when Legion switched from current target to you, were you in an injured state?

On one occasion, no. But on other occasions the Legion switched so quickly I was unable to heal in time.
  • venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options
    DC as soon as I get hooked not going to let the trash baby killer tunnel me once I get rescued
  • lasombra1979
    Options

@JammyJewels said:

On one occasion, no. But on other occasions the Legion switched so quickly I was unable to heal in time.

the times you were injured, I would have switched from my current target to you, unless that target was also injured. I would have went after who I thought was weaker in that scenario.

Now if I was in your scenario and it was my second hook, I would have played it out til the end. I rather walk out with some BP than none. That is just my view on it though.Not saying you were wrong, just not how I would have done it personally. We all make our calls on how we handle things.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@JammyJewels said:

yikes

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I just DC from a game because I swear the lag was so bad I froze for like 20 seconds when vaulting a window and I was damaged right after and lagged again and I was hooked. I never even got to see the killer because I wasn’t even in his terror radius, or lag made me believe so.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

@JammyJewels said:

I almost always tunnel someone who has been hooked twice. Why would I miss a chance to take a survivor out of the game?

Sounds like you DC due to massive lag spikes AND when you know you have already lost.

• JammyJewels
    Options

@JammyJewels said:

I almost always tunnel someone who has been hooked twice. Why would I miss a chance to take a survivor out of the game?

Sounds like you DC due to massive lag spikes AND when you know you have already lost.

I would like you to keep in mind that the “know I’ve already lost part” has only happened once and that was due to a Legion often injuring the person they were in a chase with but leaving that person to tunnel me because, and I presume this, because I had Decisive.
  • JammyJewels
    Options
    DC as soon as I get hooked not going to let the trash baby killer tunnel me once I get rescued
    I was hoping to get some serious responses. Are you mocking me, by any chance?
  • Attackfrog
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

I would like you to keep in mind that the “know I’ve already lost part” has only happened once and that was due to a Legion often injuring the person they were in a chase with but leaving that person to tunnel me because, and I presume this, because I had Decisive.

That sounds frustrating but it's still a DC. Sometimes killers tunnel or camp for whatever reason...and it doesn't make it suck any less for that survivor. I would say that if you're solo, it's best to take the sac and move on to next game.

It sucks if you are in SWF though because you have to wait for the rest of the group, and I believe this is one of the (many) flaws of SWF.

There are a few games where I get rekt as killer and I just want the game to end (dumbass survivors sitting in exit gates teabagging when they could just run out; single survivor playing hide and seek after exit gates are open) and I wish I could just concede and move on....but I can't because DC'ing is against the rules, but THAT is a topic for a different thread!

It's a double standard and one of the reasons I play this game for a month or two...then get burnt out of all the juvenile antics...then eventually come back and play again.

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options
    The only time you should ever DC is when you have something in real life going on or you are stuck and the killer/survivors can't help you. 

End of story.

Rage quitting should never be something you do. Can't handle the game and the everything that comes with it? Don't play. I've never understood why people DC, just take it and move on to the next match. 

Getting thrashed as killer? Getting tunneled as survivor? Getting camped? Flashlighted with every downed survivor? Just keep playing and move on, a DC won't do you or anyone else any good. :(
  • JammyJewels
    Options
    The only time you should ever DC is when you have something in real life going on or you are stuck and the killer/survivors can't help you. 

End of story.

Rage quitting should never be something you do. Can't handle the game and the everything that comes with it? Don't play. I've never understood why people DC, just take it and move on to the next match. 

Getting thrashed as killer? Getting tunneled as survivor? Getting camped? Flashlighted with every downed survivor? Just keep playing and move on, a DC won't do you or anyone else any good. :(
    But then what happens when a fun time turns into a bad one? Where a game where you thought you had fun then causes stress? No one plans to have a bad day. I say there’s two types of rage quitters. The ones that DC because they simply can’t accept a loss and then there are those that become so stressed through a multitude of things that they have no say over (like a SWF communicating to sabo hooks right in front of the killers’ faces).

It is not healthy for some. Stress, for me, is detrimental due to my Diabetes and how stress increases the glucose produced in my liver, therefore able to make me ill.
  • Attackfrog
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    FoggyDownpour said:

End of story.

But then what happens when a fun time turns into a bad one? Where a game where you thought you had fun then causes stress? No one plans to have a bad day. I say there’s two types of rage quitters. The ones that DC because they simply can’t accept a loss and then there are those that become so stressed through a multitude of things that they have no say over (like a SWF communicating to sabo hooks right in front of the killers’ faces).

It is not healthy for some. Stress, for me, is detrimental due to my Diabetes and how stress increases the glucose produced in my liver, therefore able to make me ill.

If playing this game causes your stress levels to get to unhealthy levels, I believe even the developers would agree it might be in your best interest to play something else.

If this were the dbd e-sports championship and there was 3 million dollars on the line, it might be worth it.

But it's not. So it's not.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'd rather kill myself on hook , at least you keep the bp. As a killer why would you? Yo're giving all survivors 5000 bp same as an escape and a satisfaction

• JammyJewels
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    FoggyDownpour said:

End of story.

If playing this game causes your stress levels to get to unhealthy levels, I believe even the developers would agree it might be in your best interest to play something else.

If this were the dbd e-sports championship and there was 3 million dollars on the line, it might be worth it.

If I were to go and play something else the money that I have spent on Cosmetics and the game itself would become a waste. However, I dare say that it is indeed unhealthy: but I am being as productive as I would be stepping outside in England trying to catch a tan. I do try to have fun, I really do, but that now only happens for me when I face Nurses and Spirits, or play as Spirit or run into friendly survivors.

There aren’t enough relaxing games released nowadays anyway. PlayStation Home was something I’d always relax on before it shut down and most games nowadays have a money-grabbing online service. Like Red Dead Redemption 2: try fishing peacefully and you’ll be shot in the back of the head by some a-holes that don’t understand the word pacifism. If there were games I could go and play to relax I would. But none I’ve encountered allow for a social aspect within a relaxing setting.
  • Attackfrog
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

FoggyDownpour said:

End of story.

If I were to go and play something else the money that I have spent on Cosmetics and the game itself would become a waste. However, I dare say that it is indeed unhealthy: but I am being as productive as I would be stepping outside in England trying to catch a tan. I do try to have fun, I really do, but that now only happens for me when I face Nurses and Spirits, or play as Spirit or run into friendly survivors.

There aren’t enough relaxing games released nowadays anyway. PlayStation Home was something I’d always relax on before it shut down and most games nowadays have a money-grabbing online service. Like Red Dead Redemption 2: try fishing peacefully and you’ll be shot in the back of the head by some a-holes that don’t understand the word pacifism. If there were games I could go and play to relax I would. But none I’ve encountered allow for a social aspect within a relaxing setting.

Really!? For what it's worth, I play dbd for a while...then it becomes stressful and not worth my time, so I play other games and eventually come back.

Try playing coop versus ai games. Heroes of the Storm versus AI is my go to for brainless fun. Fun and easygoing at ANY level and there are so many characters for different play styles.

Warframe is AWESOME. I have played it in varying amounts for years. Never gets old and very fun/no pressure...so long as you over gear and find a good group (most are). You can play solo too.

Killing Floor 2 is fun, relaxing, brainless zombie fps fun too.

Dont flame me....but WoW is actually VERY easygoing nowadays, unless you hardcore PVp or end game raid...but anything entry or mid level is VERY easygoing.

Those are just a few of my go to games when I don't want sweaty palms and want a Netflix show playing in the background.

• JammyJewels
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

FoggyDownpour said:

End of story.

Really!? For what it's worth, I play dbd for a while...then it becomes stressful and not worth my time, so I play other games and eventually come back.

Try playing coop versus ai games. Heroes of the Storm versus AI is my go to for brainless fun. Fun and easygoing at ANY level and there are so many characters for different play styles.

Warframe is AWESOME. I have played it in varying amounts for years. Never gets old and very fun/no pressure...so long as you over gear and find a good group (most are). You can play solo too.

Dont flame me....but WoW is actually VERY easygoing nowadays, unless you hardcore PVp or end game raid...but anything entry or mid level is VERY easygoing.

Those are just a few of my go to games when I don't want sweaty palms and want a Netflix show playing in the background.

I am a Console Pheasant, my dear. Tried Heroes of the Storm... and kept destroying teams with my friend. I played Warframe for a while until I got Trinity Prime and Oberon (healers, which is my go-to role in any game) and then... I knew no one else who played it, so I never had anyone who actually wanted me to play the game with them. Killing Floor was fun but it became too repetitive and WoW, I’ve never touched.

I would most definitely enjoy this game more with friends. But when all of your friends move on to Fortnite and Red Dead Redemption is unplayable because every 20 seconds you’re back at the deceased screen again... it is disheartening.

Perhaps I should play Civilisation like Matthieu once recommended. I just feel disheartened to a point where all games are unappealing, and where I’d rather slide into threads and just talk. Hell, if that VR chat was on PS4 I would make my avatar a tiny anime girl and yell like a drunk fully grown Scottish man for the laughs.
  • Attackfrog
    Options

@JammyJewels said:
    Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

FoggyDownpour said:

The only time you should ever DC is when you have something in real life going on or you are stuck and the killer/survivors can't help you.  End of story. Rage quitting should never be something you do. Can't handle the game and the everything that comes with it? Don't play. I've never understood why people DC, just take it and move on to the next match.  Getting thrashed as killer? Getting tunneled as survivor? Getting camped? Flashlighted with every downed survivor? Just keep playing and move on, a DC won't do you or anyone else any good. :( But then what happens when a fun time turns into a bad one? Where a game where you thought you had fun then causes stress? No one plans to have a bad day. I say there’s two types of rage quitters. The ones that DC because they simply can’t accept a loss and then there are those that become so stressed through a multitude of things that they have no say over (like a SWF communicating to sabo hooks right in front of the killers’ faces).

I am a Console Pheasant, my dear. Tried Heroes of the Storm... and kept destroying teams with my friend. I played Warframe for a while until I got Trinity Prime and Oberon (healers, which is my go-to role in any game) and then... I knew no one else who played it, so I never had anyone who actually wanted me to play the game with them. Killing Floor was fun but it became too repetitive and WoW, I’ve never touched.

I would most definitely enjoy this game more with friends. But when all of your friends move on to Fortnite and Red Dead Redemption is unplayable because every 20 seconds you’re back at the deceased screen again... it is disheartening.

Perhaps I should play Civilisation like Matthieu once recommended. I just feel disheartened to a point where all games are unappealing, and where I’d rather slide into threads and just talk. Hell, if that VR chat was on PS4 I would make my avatar a tiny anime girl and yell like a drunk fully grown Scottish man for the laughs.

Well there you go! The forum game is the real end game for ANY game.

I wish Marvel Heroes was still around because I that was probably my all time favorite go to game AND forum.

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:
    Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

Attackfrog said:

@JammyJewels said:

FoggyDownpour said:

The only time you should ever DC is when you have something in real life going on or you are stuck and the killer/survivors can't help you.  End of story. Rage quitting should never be something you do. Can't handle the game and the everything that comes with it? Don't play. I've never understood why people DC, just take it and move on to the next match.  Getting thrashed as killer? Getting tunneled as survivor? Getting camped? Flashlighted with every downed survivor? Just keep playing and move on, a DC won't do you or anyone else any good. :( But then what happens when a fun time turns into a bad one? Where a game where you thought you had fun then causes stress? No one plans to have a bad day. I say there’s two types of rage quitters. The ones that DC because they simply can’t accept a loss and then there are those that become so stressed through a multitude of things that they have no say over (like a SWF communicating to sabo hooks right in front of the killers’ faces).

Well there you go! The forum game is the real end game for ANY game.

I wish Marvel Heroes was still around because I that was probably my all time favorite go to game AND forum.

That reminds me....there is DCUO too....also fun....I play it for a few months on, then.bored and a few months off but the forum is fun too.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    if that was true, you would have gotten banned long ago. Unless you just almost never get hooked. But that is very unlikely. 
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    Options

I totally know what you mean. What about Minecraft or 7 days to die? You can play online with both and you can play on peaceful modes with both. I found it hard to find good servers for MC and I play 7DtD with no enemies usually. I really enjoy both of those when I need a calmer game or one that I can generally play by myself or with others.
  • lasombra1979
    Options

@Attackfrog said:

That reminds me....there is DCUO too....also fun....I play it for a few months on, then.bored and a few months off but the forum is fun too.

I play DCUO the same way. Play it for a month or two, get bored, go away for a few months, come back.