T.TV Survivors

Options
fluffybunny
fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

It feels like most of the survivors I ran into with .TTV in their name were generally pretty bad.
Am I the only one who thinks that? Just curious on other people's experiences regarding Twitchies in their game.

Post edited by fluffybunny on

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

I personally don't notice a difference.

When they put .ttv, I think you expect them to be very good and this is why you feel like they are pretty bad.

Also, I don't run into a lot of them so the ones you faced might really be bad since there aren't enough numbers to create a good statistic. Lets say that there are 16 ttv survivors and you just faced 8 of them out of 5k people and all of them happened to be bad. It is not impossible.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I don't usually follow streamers, but there's one i really like, umbra_bug. She's so good with the huntress.
    Edit: just realized you were talking about survivors, she's a killer main.
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

@fluffybunny said:
    It feels like most of the survivors I ran into with .TTV in their name were generally pretty bad.
    Am I the only one who thinks that? Just curious on other people's experiences regarding Twitchies in their game.

is TTV a twitch copypaste?

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Vietfox Oh, I was talking about playing a game with a survivor that's a twitchy.
    @Theluckyboi When people have name.ttv it's to find them on twitch, I believe.
    @Delfador I may be looking for correlation, too. Just wondering what other people's experiences are when they have a game where they're playing alongside a twitchy. Like one that advertises it in their name.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

@Vietfox Oh, I was talking about playing a game with a survivor that's a twitchy..

Yeah i usually read just the headlines, and not even properly when i'm drunk 😕
  • VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,163
    Options

If you mean they die fast, putting that they are streaming (even if they aren't) in their name kind of makes them a target. If you mean bad at gens, well, I have no excuses/explanations for that.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Vietfox No worries. c:
    @VolantConch1719 I had a match where a twitchy was going around, farming people. Just generally pretty bad. Not all of them, of course. Just have noticed a bit of a pattern.

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

People who put twitch in their names die first on my list, always.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493
    Options

They are streamers not god at games. I put it in my name aswell when I stream. Sometimes I get viewers out of it that ask me why I did a certain thing in the match. I made friends because of it. I know theres a general hate towards it specially by big streamers who think its pathetic while most of them got big because of their friends succes in the first place.

I made a handful of friends because of it and that alone is worth the tunnel and trashtalking imo.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

They are interacting with their chat while they play so you can't expect them to be as focused as other players.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616
    Options

I have a great story about that.
    I played for 2 monoth vs a Twitch Player.
    I was killer and i must fight versus many twitch survivor.
    I had the perk BQ and Chili.
    With the old lockers(not blocking aura).
    I saw the last 2 survivors and then i ran to the place.
    I downed 1.
    I was like:"Where is the other guy?".
    I opened a near locker and found him.
    I killed both.
    In the end game chat he write:"STREAM SNIPER, *****************".
    I searched his twitch account.
    He was a Russian with an e cigarette.
    4 people watched him.
    And he had pretty bad english.

After this i realized something.
    You will get a good survivor like Tru3talent,Monto,etc... or you got a rly bad teammate.
    Or a legacy speed hacker.
    But this people are rly rare.
    And i dodge every legacy player.

• fluffybunny
    Options

@ShyN3ko According to the rules, stream sniping isn't against them, too. He shouldn't be hiding in lockers. xD lol Maybe he didn't know what BBQ and Chill was? I'll dodge any legacy in my lobbies 'cause I'm rank 15~20 and those really shouldn't be in the newbie ranks. >> I had a couple of games where the twitchy was really solid and didn't do stuff to sabotage the team, but it just feels rare.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
    @fluffybunny it could be a noobie legacy (i doubt thay but hey theres a chance)
  • fluffybunny
    Options

@Milo said:

Considering what you would need to do to get it, I highly doubt it lol

• Milo
    Options

@Milo said:

It depends more on tier of the legacy. 1 is a noobie, 2 is mediocore, 3 is"omg i will probs want to die during this match"
  • fluffybunny
    Options

@Milo said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

It depends more on tier of the legacy. 1 is a noobie, 2 is mediocore, 3 is"omg i will probs want to die during this match"

Well, doesn't any level mean either they used a cheat or they've been playing for a long time?

• Milo
    Options

@Milo said:
    fluffybunny said:

@Milo said:

Well, doesn't any level mean either they used a cheat or they've been playing for a long time?

For a long time yes. But not long enough to prestige the character 3 times
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019
    Options

I think you have unrealistic expectations.

If someone has TTV in their name it's simply just to try and draw attention to the channel that's all. Twitch is a hard place to grow on organically so being able to advertise while you play is a nice bit of extra.

It's not a challenge to say "Yo bro im amazing at this game better not chase me"

Most stream the game for fun, streaming is more about entertainment than it is about being good at the game you happen to be playing.

They might generally be bad at the game but still entertaining.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

I started to dodge every twitch/youtube survivor a year ago. After some really unfun games I simply gave up and accepted that almost every streamer is a toxic douchebag. Sorry for the ones actually being nice........

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

you know whats funny i played againts a steamer huntress btw that was tunneling me the entire game you know what happend... i got camped soo its just too funny that some streamers are tryhards and they do this kinda stuff (i know you meant survivors streamer)

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,995
    Options

I love it when people stream snipe players with ttv in there name

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    Options

@fluffybunny said:

Hey! I take offense on that! I'm not pretty bad... i'm adorably bad u_u

• fluffybunny
    Options

@Kalec84 said:

@fluffybunny said:

Hey! I take offense on that! I'm not pretty bad... i'm adorably bad u_u

Anything adorable is fine by me. c:

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

I actually had a toxic streamer killer side get mad because they kept trying to be fancy and show off on Nurse and as soon as I popped the 3rd gen and started to heal they quit.