The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

New Map is terrible to play killer on, gens are essentially unholdable

Rauy556
Rauy556 Member Posts: 41
edited June 10 in General Discussions

I really like the new map and its design, I think it is amazing from an artwork and graphical POV, however, the gameplay as killer on the map is probably the worst since old haddonfield IMO. To start with, the fact that there are 3 gens in the dungeon while having 2-3 hook spawns makes it so those 3 gens are GUARANTEED to get done no matter what due to how inconvenient and cumbersome it is to patrol the dungeon as killer, also if you get particularly unlucky and get 2 hooks in the dungeon and a survivor realizes this and uses the brand new buffed sabo playstyle they'll be unhookable.

Finally the cherry on top is how broken the portals are during chase for survivors, it always provides them with an implicit advantage as when they go through there is downtime before you can follow them, not to mention it makes you lose your bearings so you have to spend an extra 1 sec to look around for scratch marks since you lost LOS, and don't even get me started on the portal that TPs directly to the strongest window on the map.

Furthermore, even the generators on the top region are pretty difficult to defend as they spawn on all 4 corners, so the possibility to make a comeback by defending a 3 gen is also eradicated.

Overall this map hits the mark with its artistic direction, but the gameplay is some of the worst I have ever experienced on this game. Let me know what you all think.

EDIT: After playing on the map the 'correct' way multiple times as killer I can 100% say it is very killer sided if you just completely ignore the dungeon and portals and solely focus on regressing the 4 top side gens, this is very boring imo since the main gimmick of the map is the dungeon and portals however the killer is essentially punished for trying to traverse the dungeon. This map needs a rework ASAP.

Post edited by Rauy556 on

Comments

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 491

Perhaps you may be low mmr. This is not like this at high level.

• Rauy556

That's the problem with the map, if you do not hold a 3 gen from the start of the match you will lose as killer, if you try and commit to chases instead of holding down a top side 3 gen you will lose, the map is designed in such a way so that this is always the case. Pallets dont matter if the survivors just take a portal to the dungeon every time you chase them meaning if you commit you will lose all sort of gen pressure upstairs.

• Rauy556

That's the issue, there is no incentive to go downstairs so if you want to win as killer you have to play the gen lock on the top from the get-go and ignore the dungeon all together, that is terrible map design and just makes both sides not enjoy the match as it is not enjoyable to patrol 3 gens above for 15 minutes as both killer and survivor.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961
    edited June 8

It's also dependent on what killer you're playing on this map, as Twins and Knight you're powerless in the dungeon area from the portals Also as Artist i've had swarmed survivors not get dire crowed when i fire as they interact with the portal.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,759

It's even more whack when I play Sadako, where sometimes the TVs can't even get me near a generator because it spawns one TV next to another TV on the surface instead of underground with it's paired gen…

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,736

I played the other day againts a Sadako on this map And we got nuked. Tvs Across floors hitting you, TVs behinf walls, She being everywhere since Its also small map.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,759
    edited June 8

That is also an issue, but as Sadako, you notice a few things.

TVs next to each other, TVs that aren't near gens like they should be, entire areas where a TV should be are empty, way too large to reliable exchange tapes depending on the spawn logic.

It's not just easy to apply condemned in certain areas, it's also just really bad for her normal movements too. I consider it just badly implemented for both sides.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 242
  • Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,569

Agreed, I don't want to play on this map at all on either side. it's stupid that some people are turning this into an us vs. them argument again, this map sucks period.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005
    edited June 9

You just hold a 3gen outside while ignoring the dungeon, and have your ez win. But alas, the devs, being killer sided they are, will definitely nerf the dungeon to make it easier for killers and leave the outside unchanged.

• fluffyloki64
    fluffyloki64 Member Posts: 13

Not to mention that there's a pallet spawn where the killer can just walk next to the pallet when it's down rendering the pallet useless. This map feels like it wasn't put through enough testing before it came out.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584

Map is really busted.

Bad infinite possible against M1s in the Dungeon. Two strong pallets in that strong area of the Dungeon. Loss of Bloodlust through portals, can't send Killer powers through portals, can't hook in the Dungeon more than six times because only two hooks. The Cage Room could be used by players both sides to block people in that room and hold them hostage. Bad design overall.

Topside there are weak loops everywhere, every portal has a gen nearby. No reason to ever defend Shack gen because it's strengthened by two slightly weaker pallets. There's a pallet with a gap that is useless to use as defense, period. There's a spot where two pallets spawn one on top of the other. Not a single safe gen on the map. Map itself is too big for M1s to do much with and the indoors is hard for any ranged or speed Killer to deal with due to so many collision spots. Spawn logic for Players, Killer items, Hatch, and other crucial things is broken.

Oh, and there's a broken spot with the pillars leading into Vecna's lab that Ghostface and Myers can clip into and stalk through without being seen, to the point they will never be noticed and Ghostface never revealed there.

Killswitch this map, fix the glitches, tweak it to be smaller, rework the portals and the hook and Killer Interactables spawns, then put it back in rotation. Ideally BEFORE Masquerade.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,263

Just avoid going to the tower. The outside of the map is extremely unsafe for survivors and even if they finish all the gens downstairs they have now somewhat 3 genned themselfs. Tower or basement thingy whatever is beautifully made but this map is horrible for both sides.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651
    edited June 10

It feels like the worst of both worlds. An absolutely godawful inside with loops that would make RPD Blush, and an outside area with so few good pallets and constant 4 gens that make it feel more like you're playing as an NPC in Splatter house than a survivor in DBD.

They need to majorly trim the the outside area and tighten up the loops, then redesign the dungeon to be more manageable. The map is visually stunning, but the design team really needs to study what makes the current loops work before doing these constant experiments.

Post edited by ArkInk on
  • VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,259

It's just terrible map for both sides.

If killer decides to hold 3-gen, survivors will lose.

If killer commits to underground, killer will lose.

There is an insane loop, which luckily not that many survivors use, but it's just so easy to get there with portal basically from anywhere against M1 killers.

It's not that difficult to win as SWF when you have everyone running underground after first hit... Kinda like Garden of joy used to be.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 220

• I had a suspicion that there are only novice killers on this forum, but when this map came out I had it confirmed. If you COMPLETELY IGNORE the dungeon and stay the entire game on the upper floor... it's impossible to lose. try this strategy and then you will say "you're right" 😉it's strange that no content creator has made a video revealing this "secret"🤣

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,241

Smaller? You want the smallest map in the game to be even smaller?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,392

It's a bad map for everyone. It's rare that I have had a game on there where someone hasn't lost a hook state downstairs because people can't get to them on time. When you use the portals it's alot easier but I feel like a lot of casual players haven't clued in yet on the portals because they're not using them to go between floors…

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited June 10

Smallest map in the game? On one floor maybe. The map is two floors. That doubles its size, you know that. Or is The Game "small" too just accounting for the first floor?

The map is bad and should have just been the dungeon, expanded a bit with a tinier outside area. That is what I mean by "smaller." But sure, put words in my mouth I guess.

• Onako
    Onako Member Posts: 66

This map really is a mixed bag. The dungeons are for sure survivor sided but the outer area is killer sided as hell with nearly no loops nor good palettes. I mean there is literally one you can walk past when dropped??

I managed to escape there once so far and only because the killer was trying to play around the dungeon. Every other round the killer just stays outside and waits until you practically 3-Gen yourself. No clue what the map designers are doing lately but the last 3 maps(including reworked Haddonfield) have all been awful.