Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

NEW YEARS BBQ WATCH!

Still no BBQ. That is all.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Thank you for keeping us updated!

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Your service to the Entity will be rewarded I'm sure!

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    I dubt BBQ will be in the Shrine.
    I mean... It's the only reason to buy Leatherface tbh.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

If you want it that bad just buy it! Its well worth the money and often on sale for £2 or so.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I ended up picking it up during the last sale! Working on putting it on the killers I currently have.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Rex_Huin said:

If you want it that bad just buy it! Its well worth the money and often on sale for £2 or so.

The reason why the game industry is currently so F*cked up. Thanks for supporting this insanity.
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

0> @Rex_Huin said:

Already have it myself.

But others do not. I've seen perks for just about EVERY single killer pop on the shrine, most of which include all three of any killers perks.

Yet still no BBQ. I mean if Behavior just wants people to buy Leatherface for it, that is fine, but then ALL movie DLC characters perks should be removed from the shrine as well.

• Rex_Huin

@Vortexas said:
    0> @Rex_Huin said:

Already have it myself.

But others do not. I've seen perks for just about EVERY single killer pop on the shrine, most of which include all three of any killers perks.

Yet still no BBQ. I mean if Behavior just wants people to buy Leatherface for it, that is fine, but then ALL movie DLC characters perks should be removed from the shrine as well.

OK - I didn't realise you already have it!

I admire you charitable concern for your fellow BBQ-less forumites.
    Personally as I already own it I don't care if it comes in the shrine or not! That's just me... heartless I know...

• Rex_Huin

The reason why the game industry is currently so F*cked up. Thanks for supporting this insanity.

Been pondering this comment and going to go with the assumption that it is a joke / ironic reply!

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I mean they need a reason for Cannibal to sell, It's literally the only reason I bought the DLC but would be nice to have it in the shrine once in a while for those that don't want or can't get the DLC.

• Rex_Huin

@Bongbingbing said:
    I mean they need a reason for Cannibal to sell, It's literally the only reason I bought the DLC but would be nice to have it in the shrine once in a while for those that don't want or can't get the DLC.

I think its a great DLC. Bit cheaper as you don't have to pay for a survivor and Knock Out and Franklins are also great perks.
    And you get a Leatherface thrown in as well.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Rex_Huin said:

Been pondering this comment and going to go with the assumption that it is a joke / ironic reply!

I was 100% serious. You are (or your mentally is) part of the big problem we have with games.
  • Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    I am gonna get Prove Thyself :3
  • Rex_Huin

I was 100% serious. You are (or your mentally is) part of the big problem we have with games.

Not much I can do about it now.

But next time I am collecting bonus blood points and tracking survivors with BBQ I will take a moment to reflect on the insanity in the gaming industry I have unwittingly been a part of…

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Raccoon said:
    I am gonna get Prove Thyself :3

I already have it :chuffed: Dwight main here.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    :chuffed:

It seems like a fun perk.
  • HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116
    Rex_Huin said:

ridiculous ... the game costs 19.99 and many play it for hundreds or even thousands of hours. 2 € £ $ for a dlc does not kill you. what a joke ... first world problems
  • Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757

@HulkHodn said:
    DwightsLifeMatters said

Rex_Huin said:

ridiculous ... the game costs 19.99 and many play it for hundreds or even thousands of hours. 2 € £ $ for a dlc does not kill you. what a joke ... first world problems

And if THAT is going to be the only way for others to get BBQ then, ALL movie killers perks need to be completely removed from the shrine.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

just buy leatherface since youre icon its leatherface.....

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Tru3Lemon said:
    just buy leatherface since your icon is leatherface.....

Please read, since he had stated he already has Leatherface. I dunno why I decided to comment but oh well.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    HulkHodn said:
    Rex_Huin said:

It's not about 2$, it's about the principal. I already own it. But promoting any kind of pay2win (I dare anyone saying BBQ is not meta perk) is stupid and unhealthy and if you don't get it I can't help you out. Sadly, the majority speaks louder and especially in this game the majority are casuals 
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vortexas said:
    Still no BBQ. That is all.

"This has been a BBQ watch update! Tune in next week same time same thread!"

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    HulkHodn said:

DwightsLifeMatters said

Rex_Huin said:

It's not about 2$, it's about the principal. I already own it. But promoting any kind of pay2win (I dare anyone saying BBQ is not meta perk) is stupid and unhealthy and if you don't get it I can't help you out. Sadly, the majority speaks louder and especially in this game the majority are casuals 

You do realize that everyone that pays for these DLCs are paying for your game to be developed, right?

Why people don't understand this is beyond me. You know where DbD would have been if NOBODY bought DLCs or cosmetics?

Underdeveloped as #########, they would not have enough money to keep supporting the game and would eventually stop patching it because they have no obligation to keep doing so other then game breaking bugs. No balance changes, no new characters, no new perks (all these things require people, and people expect to get paid for developing games).

Not to mention, no licenced content whatsoever.

We would never get to see dedicated servers, this part of the game will be fully paid for by DLC and Cosmetic purchases as well as the base game.

DLCs and cosmetics in this game are reasonably priced in this game as well, and we get new killers and new content every couple months.

This is ALL thanks to the people you say are causing a problem with games. Behaviour is one of the least predatory game companies out there at the moment.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    I dubt BBQ will be in the Shrine.
    I mean... It's the only reason to buy Leatherface tbh.

B-but! Franklins Demise is kinda cool
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    edited January 2019
    micsan said:

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    HulkHodn said:

DwightsLifeMatters said

Rex_Huin said:

You do realize that everyone that pays for these DLCs are paying for your game to be developed, right?

Why people don't understand this is beyond me. You know where DbD would have been if NOBODY bought DLCs or cosmetics?

Underdeveloped as [BAD WORD], they would not have enough money to keep supporting the game and would eventually stop patching it because they have no obligation to keep doing so other then game breaking bugs. No balance changes, no new characters, no new perks (all these things require people, and people expect to get paid for developing games).

Not to mention, no licenced content whatsoever.

We would never get to see dedicated servers, this part of the game will be fully paid for by DLC and Cosmetic purchases as well as the base game.

DLCs and cosmetics in this game are reasonably priced in this game as well, and we get new killers and new content every couple months.

This is ALL thanks to the people you say are causing a problem with games. Behaviour is one of the least predatory game companies out there at the moment.

I have no issue about cosmetics and DLCs, don't you get it? The only problem I have is locking meta stuff (like BBQ in this case) behind a paywall in pvp games.
    Post edited by DwightsLifeMatters on
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rex_Huin said:

Some people dont want to support a broken game as long as there is no intention shown to fix it.
    I still regret buying freddy so much, never spend a cent after that.

Guys like you are the reason why every 2nd game has lootboxes and is p2w nowadays....

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Maybe it's never on the shrine because everyone actually already has it.

• Rex_Huin

@Master said:

@Rex_Huin said:

Some people dont want to support a broken game as long as there is no intention shown to fix it.

Guys like you are the reason why every 2nd game has lootboxes and is p2w nowadays....

Oh come on...... I bet you bought the Leatherdaddy too!

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rex_Huin said:

@Master said:

@Rex_Huin said:

Oh come on...... I bet you bought the Leatherdaddy too!

Yes I did, but that was before freddy and before I realized how broken the game is in some regards

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

@Master

Yes I did, but that was before freddy and before I realized how broken the game is in some regards

This game is really good at appearing something completely different then what it ends up to be:

Stage 1: A scary game in which you have to hide for the killer and be careful not to be found while that killer hunts for survivors:

Stage 2: A game in which it doesn't really matter whether you get found generally: It's just about running around corners as efficiently as you can and using windows as often as possible before using up the temporary windows (pallets). The killer isn't that scary anymore.

Stage 3: You discover flashlights, reverse pallets, exit-gate-safezones and you start t-bagging. The killer is inferior and has to slug/effectively-tunnel.

Stage 4: You realise that the killer isn't even your opponent. Both can win at the same time and cooperating is almost always better than fighting.

Stage 5: Stage 4 becomes so boring that you start playing the game to your imaginary win-condition and you reject the ranking-system.

Stage 6: ???

Stage 7: We've been replaced by robots.