The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How do the devs design killers like the Legion?

Cymer
Cymer Member Posts: 946
Hello DBD-Devs!
This is no rant post, I am genuinely interested in your approach on creating a killer like the legion?
Do you convert an amazing concept into a killer or do you create a killer to the needs of the game itself?
What was the concept behind the legion?
What game play decisions do you make?

Answers

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I think one if their recent live streams they went into details about that. Don't recall which one though. ^_^
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

They have a whole stream dedicated to this, #117 I think

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Cymer said:
    Hello DBD-Devs!
    This is no rant post, I am genuinely interested in your approach on creating a killer like the legion?
    Do you convert an amazing concept into a killer or do you create a killer to the needs of the game itself?
    What was the concept behind the legion?
    What game play decisions do you make?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-E4R0oHBY

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    I saw this dev stream and what I get from it is, they had this stabby killer in mind but they figured out, that just stabbing multiple times either is op or just underwhelming. So his pulsaurareading became a think so the legion don't tunnle a survivor down.
    So they have a concept and then try to bring it to the game, no matter what.
    The initial stabby killer concept went lost in my opinion and the legion evolved more into a sadistic hunter.
    Right now there are two legion builds used: max terror radius to put as many survivors as possible into an injured/mend state. 
    And the tracker build, where you stab someone and then break the case and track the survivor down until he/she bleeds out. This second playstyle was not intended by the devs and they keep an eye on it.

What I wanted to know, if the devs understand what in game impact a killer would have or they just create one.
    As far as I understand, they just implement a killer and disregarding the state of the game and meta.