The entire idea of getting banned for deranking/dc is dumb.

Options

At least until the games queue times aren't terrible. As of right now for a lot of people it's dc/derank or don't play the game because you won't get lobbies.

I say the idea is dumb because play the game normally= Can't play.

Play and DC often to stay at ranks with more people=Can play

Get banned because you found a loophole that makes the game playable=Can't play again.

This entire situation is garbage. It happens every time there is a rank reset at this point and nothing has been done!

Comments

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

Que times are not even that bad currently, they used to be worse. Red ranks you see a longer que time but nothing ridicules. What rank are you and how long on average are you waiting?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

@Killigma said:
    Que times are not even that bad currently, they used to be worse. Red ranks you see a longer que time but nothing ridicules. What rank are you and how long on average are you waiting?

1 and 20-30 minutes

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Killigma said:

1 and 20-30 minutes

Jesus, where do you live? The moon? 30 odd minutes...

• BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@Killigma said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Killigma said:

1 and 20-30 minutes

Eastern US. I play in the am. Like right now it's 6 30 am and takes 30 minutes on PS4

• DarkGGhost
    DarkGGhost Member Posts: 1,072
    Options

will you like the idea to find a very fast game but you can't win any of them no matter how good you are?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited January 2019
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:
    will you like the idea to find a very fast game but you can't win any of them no matter how good you are?

Sure? I'd actually prefer everyone to be in the same pool in matchmaking. Queues would be instant.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited January 2019
    Options

You realize that by depipping you're just making it even worse?

Of course there's lack of high rank players when 30% of the high rank players purposely derank because reasons and the other 30% derank because long queue times, resulting in an a lot smaller player pool in high rank which only gets smaller from time to time because more people leave that area due to waiting times.

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

Sure? I'd actually prefer everyone to be in the same pool in matchmaking.

and what about the fun if you play a game that you can't win or play against nurse every time?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

Sure? I'd actually prefer everyone to be in the same pool in matchmaking. Queues would be instant.

hahahahahaha, rank 1 versus a rank 20, oh thats gold

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

yes that that most derank survivors do this is not fun for the killer ( yes i know this happen both way)

• BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

and what about the fun if you play a game that you can't win or play against nurse every time?

I don't see the issue? If people want to play Nurse let them i don't care who/what i'm up against.

If i can't win i'll accept the loss and move on to the next match.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

At least they could play the game?...

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

I don't see the issue? If people want to play Nurse let them i don't care who/what i'm up against.

If i can't win i'll accept the loss and move on to the next match.

that the thing you can't win any game that the problem derank creat.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@DarkGGhost said:

At least they could play the game?...

yeah but they will not have fun at all and believe me, when I see a killer I know they depiped, they get punished, hard, but continuing what I said that if you allow a stronger player against the weakest this game will not be fun, infact it will lose players if this happens

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:
    At least until the games queue times aren't terrible. As of right now for a lot of people it's dc/derank or don't play the game because you won't get lobbies.

Get banned because you found a loophole that makes the game playable=Can't play again.

This entire situation is garbage. It happens every time there is a rank reset at this point and nothing has been done!

You dont get banned for deranking, thats totally legit to do.

DCing is bannable of course, just like in any other competitive game. Its pathetic that you need an absurd high DC rate that the devs take action....

• DarkGGhost
    Options

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

DCing is bannable of course, just like in any other competitive game. Its pathetic that you need an absurd high DC rate that the devs take action....

you can get banned for deranking

• Master
    Options

@DarkGGhost said:

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

you can get banned for deranking

Nope, its completely legit to do.
    And even deranking by Dcing isnt punished as a certain fogstreamer has proved

• BBQnDemogorgon
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

If you're referring to her she dc's to derank too. She plays until the end then quits when shes hooked/at the gate.

• Master
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

If you're referring to her she dc's to derank. She plays until the end then quits when shes hooked/at the gate.

Yes she DCs the game to derank, thats what I was talking about

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Killigma said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Killigma said:

1 and 20-30 minutes

Eastern US. I play in the am. Like right now it's 6 30 am and takes 30 minutes on PS4

Ok that explains a lot i'm West Coast and before region lock removal I could wait anywhere from 5-30 minutes for a game. That didn't include all the lobby dodging from 2 AM PST to 4 AM PST and now it's still bad during those hours but it's better.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    Killigma said:

Agree, currently it's alright. Not good, but alright. The thing is, you never know when it's getting screwed up again with 20+ minutes Q's 
  • AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Options
    Don't know what your talking about for the que times, only time ice ever had it be a problem was during the Halloween event and after they updated their lobby system. I will say tho that id be rather happy if they could implement a punishment for depipers.
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@Master said:

@Bbbrian2013 said:

If you're referring to her she dc's to derank. She plays until the end then quits when shes hooked/at the gate.

Yes she DCs the game to derank, thats what I was talking about

I mean if this game had quitting penalties like most every other game this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Perhaps once dedicated servers get added they can enforce quitting policies, as ######### connection will now be solely residing on yourself.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    Options

my worst queue time at rank 1 is 2 miutes with killer and 10 seconds with survivor.
    Italy.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515
    Options

Never did understand the queue time excuse. As both survivor and killer, I never exceed 10 minutes of queue time in red ranks. And that time where I did hit 10 minutes was due to people joining and then leaving over and over. Not to mention this was at like 2 am because my sleeping habits are all over the place.

The ban system is good because otherwise people would insta DC in order to derank all the time. imo someone who contributes nothing to the game but getting downed 1 time only to kill themselves on the hook is better than someone who DCs, because at least they wasted some of the killer's time for the rest of their team. Insta DCing as killer is annoying for the survivors too. If you insta DC to derank constantly, no matter what you prefer to play, I think that's a perfectly good reason to ban you. It ruins the experience of others.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    Options
    DC is selfish and ruins the game experuence for everyone else involved. It is not a legitimate solution to improving the experience of the game for you and it absolutely should not be rewarded. Maybe being banned is too extreme, but only allowing 1 DC per 24 hours would be better
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited January 2019
    Options
    And if you DC beyond that, you should have your progress rolled back. Like having all your perks deranked by 1 and having to buy them in the bloodweb again.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

Its fine, people that are saying it should be bannable are all Survivor mains

Survivors can already fight low rank Killers (EG Rank 15-20 Killers) being rank 1, by queueing with another friend that is low rank.So 3 rank 1 survivor + 1 rank 18 survivor friend will vs a Rank 20 Killer. That is BS and this has not been fixed

Why should i get punished to play at high rank when most of the killers are trash? and that i am forced to play competitive killers, i dont want to play Nurse everygame thank you

no ranking incentive, no ranking rewards, nothing, until they added incentive for ranking there is no reason to rank up, queues are longer, games are much harder and stressful, the game just isnt fun anymore

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Maybe people should all stop dcing and then there will be more people in the higher ranks? 
  • powerbats
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Someissues said:
    Its fine, people that are saying it should be bannable are all Survivor mains

Survivors can already fight low rank Killers (EG Rank 15-20 Killers) being rank 1, by queueing with another friend that is low rank.So 3 rank 1 survivor + 1 rank 18 survivor friend will vs a Rank 20 Killer. That is BS and this has not been fixed

Why should i get punished to play at high rank when most of the killers are trash? and that i am forced to play competitive killers, i dont want to play Nurse everygame thank you

no ranking incentive, no ranking rewards, nothing, until they added incentive for ranking there is no reason to rank up, queues are longer, games are much harder and stressful, the game just isnt fun anymore

Yes because it's always survivors and never killers saying or doing this, do you ever stop with the nonsense on this stuff?

• venom12784
    venom12784 Member Posts: 666
    Options
    On PS4 in So Cal with a 2 other surviors I have had 15 minutes queue times
  • inkedsoulz
    inkedsoulz Member Posts: 93
    Options

Everyone should derank to rank 15.
    And while doing so ruin a lot of games for a lot of other people.
    Then play at rank 15 and bully newer killers/survivors.
    Some of those new players might leave the game forever.
    Maybe at that moment BHVR will do something about this dcing and deranking thing, since it will(probably already) make them lose customers.

• powerbats
    Options

@inkedsoulz said:
    Everyone should derank to rank 15.
    And while doing so ruin a lot of games for a lot of other people.
    Then play at rank 15 and bully newer killers/survivors.
    Some of those new players might leave the game forever.
    Maybe at that moment BHVR will do something about this dcing and deranking thing, since it will(probably already) make them lose customers.

Hmmn the old adage about 2 wrongs don't make a right seems to come to mind here and yes let's ruin the
    game for others and drive away people that can help grow the game.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The rules are the rules it's on the devs to sort the queue times at the red ranks but dcing affects everyone else in your game by loss of time, points, items and offerings.

The ones who abused dcing when it was a certain killer, survivor items, map or anything a player simply didn't like in a match are to blame for the current rules.

• Master
    Options

@DexyIV said:
    Never did understand the queue time excuse. As both survivor and killer, I never exceed 10 minutes of queue time in red ranks. And that time where I did hit 10 minutes was due to people joining and then leaving over and over. Not to mention this was at like 2 am because my sleeping habits are all over the place.

The ban system is good because otherwise people would insta DC in order to derank all the time. imo someone who contributes nothing to the game but getting downed 1 time only to kill themselves on the hook is better than someone who DCs, because at least they wasted some of the killer's time for the rest of their team. Insta DCing as killer is annoying for the survivors too. If you insta DC to derank constantly, no matter what you prefer to play, I think that's a perfectly good reason to ban you. It ruins the experience of others.

When the queue time becomes larger than the actual playtime, then thats not acceptable at all in my opinion

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Master said:

@DexyIV said:

When the queue time becomes larger than the actual playtime, then thats not acceptable at all in my opinion

Triple gen time, problem solved.
    (Yes, I'm joking)

• clunker
    clunker Member Posts: 8
    Options

Yep. Two SWF on rank 1 PS4, we’re often waiting at least 15 minutes only to have the killer DC when we actually get into a lobby.

We both deranked to about 15 just so we can get games faster.

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    Options
    It is never okay to ruin the experience of the other 4 people playing. Period. If you DC, you make everyone else have a bad time. Just play the game or if you want to DC, maybe you should check out Civilization. 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options
    Regardless on the fact that you think DCing shouldn't be a bannable offense or not...

STOP DOING IT. You're talking about 30 minute queues, right? Now imagine being in the other fog travelers shoes when you DC. Think about those fog travelers who have waited 30 minutes for a game (just like you) just to see you DC? Now their game is ruined AND they will need to wait another 30 minutes to find another game thanks to you. Lesson learned?

Just don't DC, period.

This is meant for everyone that Deranks/DC's.