The Official Unofficial Guide to the Patch 2.5.0 Release Date!

Options
AntiJelly
AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

The 2.5.0 patch is going to come out within the next 15 days.
Because of console release times, it can only come out on either a Tuesday or a Thursday.
BHVR has dropped updates betweeen 11:00 EST and 15:00 EST for every update since 2.0.0.

These are your possibilities. Do with this what you will.

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I have faith that Santa will give me the patch tomorrow. Do you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzL8aL6jtI

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options
    Please, everyone, stop spreading the misinformation that content or patches can only be released on specific days for consoles. On PS4 it can be any day. I've had a patch push through on Sunday. There is no set day or time.
  • Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    Please, everyone, stop spreading the misinformation that content or patches can only be released on specific days for consoles. On PS4 it can be any day. I've had a patch push through on Sunday. There is no set day or time.

But how will we be able to complain and flame the devs for not releasing the patch when we expect it?

• AntiJelly
    edited January 2019
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:

Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a tuesday due to Xbox. They want to release the updates all at the same time, so that restricts it to those two days.

This is not misinformation, this is based on experience. Better luck next time.

Post edited by AntiJelly on
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

@AntiJelly said:

Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a Friday due to Xbox. They want to release the updates all at the same time, so that restricts it to those two days.

No you make it sound like it is impossible to release them on other days.

@AntiJelly said:

Because of console release times, it can only come out on either a Tuesday or a Thursday.

As a PC player, what I understand from this is that even if the dev team wanted to release them on Saturday, they won't be able to do so because of console policies.

It IS going to come out either on Tuesday or Thursday but not because it can only come out on those days but because the devs want it. @brokedownpalace is right here. You are not very clear with your statement and honestly It misinformed me.

• AntiJelly
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Delfador said:

@AntiJelly said:

Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a Friday due to Xbox. They want to release the updates all at the same time, so that restricts it to those two days.

No you make it sound like it is impossible to release them on other days.

@AntiJelly said:

As a PC player, what I understand from this is that even if the dev team wanted to release them on Saturday, they won't be able to do so because of console policies.

It IS going to come out either on Tuesday or Thursday but not because it can only come out on those days but because the devs want it. @brokedownpalace is right here. You are not very clear with your statement and honestly It misinformed me.

I don't see how.
    EDIT: The update can only come out on those days because the devs only want them to come out on those days. How are you confused?

• brokedownpalace
    Options
    Huntress came out on a Monday. Other killers came out on a Tuesday. How would either of those be possible for Xbox if what you say is true?
  • AntiJelly
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    Huntress came out on a Monday. Other killers came out on a Tuesday. How would either of those be possible for Xbox if what you say is true?

Ever since the 2.0.0 update all the updates come out at the same time for all platforms. Due to Xbox and PS4's certification system, it restricts updates to coming out on thursdays and tuesdays. If the devs want to release the updates at the same time on all platforms, it has to be a Tuesday or a Thursday. Anything before 2.0.0 has nothing to do with the updates now

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    AntiJelly said:

Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a Friday due to Xbox. 

AntiJelly said:

If the devs want to release the updates at the same time on all platforms, it has to be a Tuesday or a Thursday. Anything before 2.0.0 has nothing to do with the updates now

Well you stated it has to be Thursday or Friday due to Xbox in one post so how can it then be a possible Tuesday? 
  • AntiJelly
    edited January 2019
    Options

@twistedmonkey said:
    AntiJelly said:

Dead by Daylight patches have always come out on either Thursday or a Friday due to Xbox. 

AntiJelly said:

If the devs want to release the updates at the same time on all platforms, it has to be a Tuesday or a Thursday. Anything before 2.0.0 has nothing to do with the updates now

Well you stated it has to be Thursday or Friday due to Xbox in one post so how can it then be a possible Tuesday? 

oops
    that was supposed to say tuesday

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    What is this mess? XD
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

Does it even matter, when it goes live? I mean the changes and bug fixes are fine and stuff I'm looking forward to, but it's just a MidChapter patch. Not really anything to be hyped about.

• AntiJelly
    Options

@Entità said:
    What is this mess? XD

yknow
    tuesday and thursday

• AntiJelly
    Options

@Freudentrauma said:
    Does it even matter, when it goes live? I mean the changes and bug fixes are fine and stuff I'm looking forward to, but it's just a MidChapter patch. Not really anything to be hyped about.

I saw a lot of people starting to ask about it so I decided it was about time I posted the unofficial guide to patch release dates again.

• brokedownpalace
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Not going to bother arguing with someone who cannot accept being wrong about something that is demonstrably false.

Will the patch come on a Tuesday or Thursday? Probably, because that is what the devs seem to stick to now. But content has been released on consoles on both Friday and Monday in the past.
  • AntiJelly
    Options

@brokedownpalace said:
    Not going to bother arguing with someone who cannot accept being wrong about something that is demonstrably false.

Will the patch come on a Tuesday or Thursday? Probably, because that is what the devs seem to stick to now. But content has been released on consoles on both Friday and Monday in the past.

Man why are you so angry? The devs are trying to stick to a schedule and I'm trying to spread the knowledge of it. Ever since 2.0.0 they've had an EXACT way of releasing updates. That's how it is.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    It does make sense, most large patches or dlc release on Tuesday and Thursday.

Tuesday as the steam store updates and Thursday as its normally around a stream.
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    The 2.4.0 patch came out after a week from the PTB beginning, so I think tomorrow they will release the 2.5.0 patch. :)
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    It does make sense, most large patches or dlc release on Tuesday and Thursday.

Tuesday as the steam store updates and Thursday as its normally around a stream.

Prettymuch this /\..... mainly Tuesdays because they like feedback before the stream..
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

its going to be today or tomorrow

• AntiJelly
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:
    its going to be today or tomorrow

Well, tomorrow or Tuesday. The only things that happen on days other than Tues/Thurs are events. I believe those happen on Fridays though.