Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How is the Alert perk in the current meeta?

Feng min perk Alert tell if gud pls

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Depends on you I guess, I heard it was a good perk in general.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Pretty good actually.
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

It's good I use it regularly

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

Alert is a great, and genuinely underrated perk. Not only does it show you the killer when they break something, but it also helps you keep track of which pallets are getting broken which is good knowledge to have for chases. Additionally, killers are always going to break something during a match so the perk will frequently find use.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Nah Alert is not meta, better than before but not even good.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Current meta is looping+gen rushing.

Alert is not good for either of these. This is why it is terrible imo.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

I would respectfully disagree that Alert is not useful in the current meta. Looping is the meta which is undoubtedly true, but you cannot correctly loop without being around a pallet, and this is where Alert comes in handy. It stops you from running to a location where the killer broke the pallets, and this knowledge can prevent you from going down in a chase.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    It used to be absolutely terrible there was no reason and running it.

Most of the time activated not only would you be close enough to see where the killer is which negated the aura effect it had a long cool down.

Ever since I got buff in the mid chapter patch it's actually really good perk now wouldn't call it meta but it's probably it is the best killer detection perk. 

I would definitely suggest running it if you are into more of a stealthy playstyle.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Personally I would say screw the meta... Alert is a fun perk and it's very useful if used with a certain playstyle

• Vlyse
    Vlyse Member Posts: 24

Alert doesn't tell me information that is immediately relevant. Prefer Aftercare or Bond.

Tbh, reading the killer's aura just doesn't help me. I'm not afraid of killers or going down in a chase...I'm not in a 1v1 to win.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@jaerthebear said:

If i'm playing solo and choose to be stealthy i use it. Start generators and move around wait for the killer to kick them you will know who you are facing and where they are unless it is Freddy or tier 1 Myers.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

Adept Feng was the easiest survivor adept achievement for me and I was on Lerys against a Doc. Her perks are great for staying away from the action and getting gens done on your own.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@jaerthebear said:

Quite good, especially in SWF

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

It's decent, but I would still say Empathy outclasses it for knowing where the killer is.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

@Eninya said:
    It's decent, but I would still say Empathy outclasses it for knowing where the killer is.

Empathy is the best aura reading skill for survivors I think, but you need to pay attention to the auras to tell whether they are in a chase or simply running.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Master said:

@jaerthebear said:

You kidding right? 😂
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Buff made it good

I just find myself getting little use from it.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:
    @Master said:

@jaerthebear said:

You kidding right? 😂

Of course not as OP as some other perks..... but at least better than others

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    Like others said it gives you info on what areas to avoid due to lack of palletd, Its also probably the best killer info giving perk in the game for solo players. Due to its simple activation and decent arua reading time you will see the killer a lot and this works well with a lot of builds that involve stealth or distracting the killer. I personally love the perk since I like knowing where the killer is and it has saved me a few times against Myers, wraiths, and pigs.