Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The reason why i like playing solo

Vietfox
Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
You can't do this with friends :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFmeWQGkGA

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

You're a terrible person I did something similar back in patch 1.6.0, I used Empathy to give away a teammate to a Billy, he was in a locker. The Billy killed me but we had a laugh over it.

• Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    @Poweas said:

You're a terrible person I did something similar back in patch 1.6.0, I used Empathy to give away a teammate to a Billy, he was in a locker. The Billy killed me but we had a laugh over it.

They were all urban evaders, even when killer was literally on the other side of the map...
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I mean, you can. xD They just may not like you very much.

• Vietfox
    edited January 2019

I give enough reasons to people to hate me, i don't need to give them to friends 😂
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

I cannot say much, I have done it before. Granted I have done it in a SWF group with a bunch of old friends. We would all sandbag each other. Not sure if the killer loved or hated us.

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Whats up with them boosted perks 

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Vietfox said:
    @Poweas said:

They were all urban evaders, even when killer was literally on the other side of the map...

Lol they were probably on drugs. I once faced a Huntress who was amazing at aiming (bad at chasing) but she always smacked a gen before breaking it. It made me and my brother laugh. We call her the 'Huntress on Drugs' whenever we face a crappy Huntress, we call them 'Huntress on Drugs the second' or third.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

What, that's all I do with friends. Sandbag olympics is fun AF. Toss on Bond, Object of Obsession and Pebble and see who makes it out alive.

I don't do that to randoms though because it's only fun when you have your friend screaming obscenities at you on mic :lol:

• lasombra1979

@RuneStarr said:
    What, that's all I do with friends. Sandbag olympics is fun AF. Toss on Bond, Object of Obsession and Pebble and see who makes it out alive.

I don't do that to randoms though because it's only fun when you have your friend screaming obscenities at you on mic :lol:

Glad to see I am not the only one who sandbags friends.

• Vietfox
    @RuneStarr @lasombra1979
    Now i get why i don't have many friends.
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I would do that to friends if killers didn’t dodge SFW games

(?

• lasombra1979

@Gorgonia said:

(?

Most killers do not lobby dodge, just like most SWF are not grief squads

• Gorgonia

I know, I was joking, and wasn’t at the same time. Given the matchmaking circumstances we now play solo while on voice comm.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

It's probably "illegal" gameplay, but;

Only ingredient missing is Object of Obsession, together with bond and Open handed. Keep waving at the killer and show where all your teammates are.

But hey, you didn't get that from me.

• fluffybunny

I mean, you can. xD They just may not like you very much. > @lasombra1979 said:

@RuneStarr said:

Glad to see I am not the only one who sandbags friends.

There's a lot of stuff I do to friends that I wouldn't do to randoms. It's all in good fun when you're with friends, but not so much when done to a random person.

• fluffybunny

@lasombra1979 said:

@Gorgonia said:

(?

Some do, but I've noticed they've stayed when we do obvious meme stuff. Like protect the leader or pizza dwight squad.

• Gorgonia

When my friend is in the hook I run to him, stare and leave him there

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@RuneStarr said:

Cough @not_Queen cough Pebble cough Conor cough. 😜

Yes doing it with friends in games is always funny and doing it with your children is even funnier since my sons always used to do it to me in games.

Now that flashlight clicking was evil and I've had ppl sandbag me like that not because I was UEing around map like they were but because they wanted me instead of them hooked.

• lasombra1979

@fluffybunny said:

@lasombra1979 said:

@Gorgonia said:

(?

Some do, but I've noticed they've stayed when we do obvious meme stuff. Like protect the leader or pizza dwight squad.

Of course some do.

As for the meme SWFs, if I see one, I usually run jump scare Michael to play along with them. I spent one game with a kitty Nea group playing peek a boo popping out from random bushes and walls.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Vietfox said:

You can actually. The night you fell asleep in game we ran the killer to you 6 or 7 times. :)

• Vietfox
    @fcc2014 said:

@Vietfox said:

You can actually. The night you fell asleep in game we ran the killer to you 6 or 7 times. :)

You will always remeber that, right? 😂😂
  • lasombra1979

@fcc2014 said:

@Vietfox said:

Wait, @Vietfox actually fell asleep mid game? That is so wonderful.

• fcc2014

@Vietfox you can always sandbag a teammate and laugh about it. It is even funnier if they are in your swf party.

• fcc2014

@lasombra1979 said:

As for the meme SWFs, if I see one, I usually run jump scare Michael to play along with them. I spent one game with a kitty Nea group playing peek a boo popping out from random bushes and walls.

This is how you play this game^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• fcc2014

@lasombra1979 said:

Yep, snoring and all the DYK(Whisky) was too strong for him that night.

• lasombra1979

@fcc2014 said:

@lasombra1979 said:

This is how you play this game^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You gotta do stupid things from time to time to make the game a bit more fun. Like dropping a downed survivors in the tug boat on the Pale Rose as sacrifices to the Swamp God. Confuses survivors as they freak out figuring out if I am baiting them.

• Vietfox

@fcc2014 said:

@Vietfox said:

Yes, that actually happened. I was so drunk and fell asleep during the loading screen. @fcc2014 has it on video because it's funny I GUESS.
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Well its a game where you can help others or not, nothing wrong with saving yourself and using others only for your benefit, it's not how I play solo but it gives me a laugh when people get upset when others do.
  • Vietfox
    Well its a game where you can help others or not, nothing wrong with saving yourself and using others only for your benefit, it's not how I play solo but it gives me a laugh when people get upset when others do.
    Most of the times (99%) i help my teammates, but if i'm super drunk i do stuff like that.
  • Mullato
    Mullato Member Posts: 104
    Aww, I want to be your teammate <3
  • Vietfox
    @Mullato said:
    Aww, I want to be your teammate <3
    U on ps4? My username is Vietfox87
  • Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

That was actually really smart move from your side and I'm suprised killer actually looked.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:

I give enough reasons to people to hate me, i don't need to give them to friends 😂
    Why did this make me remember that time u were breaking "ruin" and we asked if u were sure it was ruin and not the hallowed ground totem we'd been avoiding all game  and u said yes but then we were all exposed lol. Good times 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox said:

Why did this make me remember that time u were breaking "ruin" and we asked if u were sure it was ruin and not the hallowed ground totem we'd been avoiding all game  and u said yes but then we were all exposed lol. Good times 
    I like to surprise people :)
  • fcc2014
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:

Bahahaha i have that video too. It was the game map after the last generator was done. It was Noed or so he thought even after we said it was hallowed ground.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vietfox said:

Real friends do that all the time :smile:

• Vietfox
    fcc2014 said:
    Vietfox said:

Bahahaha i have that video too. It was the game map after the last generator was done. It was Noed or so he thought even after we said it was hallowed ground.
    @chemical_reject @fcc2014
    You know it will happen again.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Vietfox said:

You abuse your teammates yet use Kindred so people will save you XD that's beautiful.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:

You abuse your teammates yet use Kindred so people will save you XD that's beautiful.

Kindred helps them too :) 
    Nah, normally i'm good with my teammates.
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

I only play SWF to do stuff like that. Only one can escape and the goal is to get the others killed so you can take the hatch and win the match. That's how you have fun with friends.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

I only play SWF to do stuff like that. Only one can escape and the goal is to get the others killed so you can take the hatch and win the match. That's how you have fun with friends.

Gotta try that 😂
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Vietfox said:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFmeWQGkGA
    Dude if we ever meet in game how about a deal no aura perks and the goal is first one to sandbag the other 3 times in a chase wins unhook don't count
  • PiiFree

@Vietfox said:
    Gotta try that 😂

Nothing is funnier than infuriating friends.

If you grew up with N64 you surely remember the good ol' Mario Kart times on N64? It sucks when everyone has fun, someone has to be the victim. In DbD it's a lot better when you make your friends the victim instead of a random Killer because you can actually see and hear their reactions :P

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    Gotta try that 😂

If you grew up with N64 you surely remember the good ol' Mario Kart times on N64? It sucks when everyone has fun, someone has to be the victim. In DbD it's a lot better when you make your friends the victim instead of a random Killer because you can actually see and hear their reactions :P

Mario Kart was rage inducing, but what made me and my brothers and sisters attack each other was Mario Party 2. It would always start off so nice. Someone would walk up and be all "Hey, you guys wanna play some Mario Pary?" and we're all like "Yeah, sure." But by the end of it, we're shouting and seething. Lot's of fun.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    Gotta try that 😂

I only had a pc and used to play Lucas Arts games like Monkey Island, Day of the tentacle and Sam & Max. No salt for me :)
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    Graphics hurt my eyes 
  • PiiFree

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    Gotta try that 😂

Mario Kart was rage inducing, but what made me and my brothers and sisters attack each other was Mario Party 2. It would always start off so nice. Someone would walk up and be all "Hey, you guys wanna play some Mario Pary?" and we're all like "Yeah, sure." But by the end of it, we're shouting and seething. Lot's of fun.

Yup, Mario Party is also one of those fantastic games. During the years we developed our own version of "Beerio Kart" and what can I say... nothing has changed besides us being 20 years older.

You can do the same with Dead By Daylight, it's just a matter of how you approach a match. If you play with friends to win, you WILL get upset because of campers, tunnelers, sluggers ect. but if you play it like a "last man standing" you actually start to "like" campers or tunnelers because they take out your competition. The gloaming is intense, the frustration is real. The Killers playstyle is put in the background, you just focus on your teams behaviour.

I wish more SWFs would play like that. If you pay attention as Killer, you realize what's going on and can play along with them for a fun experience for everyone and suddently winning / killing / escaping becomes irrelevant. However, IMO it's the 4 Survivors that have to initiate this type of match and unfortunately, I only very rarely see this happening. Most SWFs rather focus on "making fun of the Killer with friends" instead of just "having fun with friends". The Killer can only guess what they're up to and possibly ends up getting destroyed even more for trying to "go easy", which is why SWF is frowned-upon in the Killer community and is also the reason why Killers tend to dodge SWFs. It's because of their previous, unfun experience against such.

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

I was playing and saw one of the players was also Czech so I was yayyy another Czech. That bastard was chased and intentionally started following me to make the killer go for me.
    Fukkin Czechs, we are all unfriendly bastards :D.
    Once my husband was chased in Swamp and there was a Quentin hiding in the locker and he pointed to him so the killer got him. I felt sorry for that Quentin.. he even saved him from the hook later :D.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@PiiFree said:

@Vietfox said:
    Gotta try that 😂

We need a Blue Turtle Shell type item so if your being chased as the tail end person you can toss it and it downs the closet to escaping and you get a sprint boost.