This game will always be survivor sided

Options
2»

Comments

• GloomySpooks
    GloomySpooks Member Posts: 28
    Options

Basically they can't do anything real about tunneling because when a 4 man swf all bring decisive strike/dead hard/otr, etc, tunneling isn't that effective and/or the killers that play comp will COMPlain (teehee) because that is a comp strategy against sweaty 4-man swf that could otherwise outplay the killer. Tunneling early is handicapping the team, which makes sense in comp, but in an average soloq game, it's how you end the game in minutes, not allowing one person a chance to do much more than throw a pallet or 2 if they're lucky before being bored on hook again/letting go because what's the point of sticking around for the rest of that game? Also, quite discouraging for soloq players and with queue times as they are in an 8-yr-old game, maybe killers shouldn't want to reduce the number of players by driving away new players with an oppressive comp playstyle?

And considering most random matches the survivors are not very efficient and go for hook saves before even 10 seconds have passed, it's quite easy to find a different survivor in a compromised position (going for the unhook), so there's no real excuse to tunnel most of the time.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,853
    Options

This game will always be Killer sided. I (clearly the gigachad Survivor main, because I portrayed the Killer main as the soyjack) only have a measly 3 hook states compared to the 5 gens I have to solo while the Killer is chasing me. Not only that, but I have to do every gen 3 times (making that 15 total effective gens) because they have so much gen regression. No wonder some of these Survivors SWF with clock callouts. It's completely understandable given the state of the game. /s

Being this tribal clearly isn't helpful, especially when we can see just how easily we can flip the scripts.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

I would agree with you back in 2022, when tunnelling would be punished with genrushing and it was the killers job to interfere with gens.

Right now, its quite the opposite, tunnelling does not get punished while the killer still can interfere with gens.

Aka, survivors HAVE to rush gens while they can, because if they dont they literally cannot win. While normally, killers SHOULD have to rush kills to slow down gen progression. THAT is the healthy balance. Killers should be the one in charge to slow down the game, survivors should not be in charge to speed up the game because survivors do not have the power to slow down the game.

• jezebelthenun
    jezebelthenun Member Posts: 117
    edited June 20
    Options

I honestly don't remember saying it should be bannable, but if I did, I was in my feels lol. I don't want more bans, I want people to be better overall, y'know. . . I want the impossible. But I do feel like there should be bigger penalties, or longer immunities for survivors. Like, if you chase a freshly unhooked survivor within 30 seconds of unhooking, they should be unwhackable. (This is an extreme example and not my actual suggestion).

Edit: I also now want a perk called Unwhakable

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,935
    Options
  • Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,136
    edited June 21
    Options

In this math lesson, Scott breaks down what OP's figures mean.

Post edited by Nun_So_Vile on
  • Jwmj
    Jwmj Member Posts: 25
    Options

That's fair and I think a somewhat of an immunity would be cool to help give survivors a chance to get away. I apologize as well, you may have not said the whole bannable part, there's been a lot of discussion here and I might've overlooked someone elses reply.

• revna
    revna Member Posts: 22
    Options

If you get behind on hooks force trades and focus on trying to remove pallets early on. You'll be surprised how much it works and you'll start to see it's not as survivor sided as you think when they have dead zones.