Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Pig add-on idea

KingB
KingB Member Posts: 747
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
This add-on would be purple. The idea is described as follows: 

Shotgun Trap
-Reduce available jigsaw traps by two, this effect trumps all other add-ons.
-Removes the timer
-After placing a reverse bear trap, another survivor becomes "linked". 
-The survivors will get a HUD indicator of who's trapper and linked with who, the killer will not.
-If the survivor that does not have a reverse bear trap on dies, the linked survivor's bear trap instantly goes off killing them. 

Thoughts? Are the drawbacks too big? This is from one of the movies and it looked like it could be added to the game.

Edit: No one mentioned it but what happens if the killer puts the remaining trap on someone who is "linked" to the survivor with the rbt? Well the answer is, well, nothing. Except the killer wasted the remaining bear trap. 
Post edited by KingB on

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Yeah this idea was mentioned before and I think it's cool. But I don't think the boxes should be decreased for this. I think this is the one that should have 1 RBT, same boxes but only 1 trap because it gives the possibility of killing two people instantly. The play style of keeping everyone distracted is switched to, find whoever is linked to the trapped person so I can kill off half the team. If anything because there is no timer I think the number of boxes should be increased by 1 or the Jigsaw boxes have no Auras.

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Say hello to ebony and ivory pigs going into overdrive
  • NightmareReborn
    NightmareReborn Member Posts: 810

@redsopine01 said:

oinkerdrive*

• redsopine01

@redsopine01 said:

oinkerdrive*

Pffffff hahaha omg I was not expecting the pun
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I like the idea but seems that in most cases there will be plenty of time to get the trap off?

Dev's will probably approve!

• redsopine01
    Rex_Huin said:

I like the idea but seems that in most cases there will be plenty of time to get the trap off?

Dev's will probably approve!

True
  • redsopine01
    Hey why not instead change them to the obsession wears a shotgun jacket in the game and another survivor has the trigger for it the while the other two can disarm it but it would take the same time as a gen with two people on it and sabo can remove it but still takes over a min to do it
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I actually like this idea

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

In theory, pulling this off right you can exterminate a team in however long it takes you to knock down four people. Though since you wouldn't know who is linked it also could make the cause useless. Good idea I'd say :3

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    My main issue is mainly that the idea of "linking" Survivors as described above seems like it could just be done using the Obsession mechanic, but that in itself creates a big issue of tunneling.  My thought would be to make it so the add-on hides the Obsession's identity from the Killer, but idk if the issues THAT creates would be worth it.
  • KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    @TAG Obsession only applies to one survivor, becoming "linked" would apply up to 2 per match. Obsession could not work. Tunneling would be a problem but I addressed that issue here:
    -The survivors will get a HUD indicator of who's trapper and linked with who, the killer will not.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    KingB said:
    @TAG Obsession only applies to one survivor, becoming "linked" would apply up to 2 per match. Obsession could not work. Tunneling would be a problem but I addressed that issue here:

I just don't really like the idea of the "link" thing being introduced via a random add-on.  Idk.