Will they ever buff trapper

Options
Someissues
Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Since launch trapper was good at the start due to the infinite. Now that infinite is mostly gone though some still remain. people realize how to counter trapper by disarming his traps which takes like 2 seconds (use to have 5 seconds they nerf this),
and is the only killer's power that can be rendered useless.

With gens being done this quick nowadays by the time you set up your traps 2 generators is done. they also removed traps under hooks and stacking. people also don't walk on grass when vs trapper cuz they know it will be placed there.

the fact that you have to walk around to place traps waste so much time in the current meta

placing traps between pallets is useless because once you move away from them, people disarm them so easily when you are chasing one person. while they are looping you their mates disarm the rest and you got to set them up again

the addons for darkening are bad, as mentioned with the grass part. increase disarm time addon isn't bad but there isn't an addon for tremendously increase disarm time, no considerately increase as well. and you have to sacrifice with 2+ traps addon or the 1 hit kill addon

trapper was my favorite killer, nowadays I am forced to play either Huntress or Nurse to counter infinite loops.

Comments

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    edited June 2018
    Options

Some ideas to think about:
    1. Buff that disarm speed back to normal and adjust the related add-ons. Honestly this doesn't do a lot but an extra 3 seconds of a survivor not doing anything is as good as we're gonna get
    2. Completely remove the darkening add ons and make the trap somewhere near the darkest it could be

However please remember that there are NO infinite loops anymore due to Bloodlust and of course Nurse and Huntress

Trapper's in a weird situation. He's the Killer every noob should pick up first yet he doesn't have a lot of potential at all in higher ranks, he does need something more but I'm not wise enough to come up with a definitive answer yet sadly.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018
    Options

@MineAntoiya said:
    Some ideas to think about:
    1. Buff that disarm speed back to normal and adjust the related add-ons. Honestly this doesn't do a lot but an extra 3 seconds of a survivor not doing anything is as good as we're gonna get
    2. Completely remove the darkening add ons and make the trap somewhere near the darkest it could be

However please remember that there are NO infinite loops anymore due to Bloodlust and of course Nurse and Huntress

Trapper's in a weird situation. He's the Killer every noob should pick up first yet he doesn't have a lot of potential at all in higher ranks, he does need something more but I'm not wise enough to come up with a definitive answer yet sadly.

My biggest concerns for trapper right now is 100% the disarm time. its a massive deal since you are forced to chase survivors, and then they disarm all your traps so quick. They aren't even afraid of Trapper as a killer. they constantly go near him, taunting you to chase them, and if you do all your traps gets disarmed.

Placing traps on pellets is the only way to go. ground / grass no exp players will ever step on them, as a result making trapper useless on higher ranks. he's good vs noobs on Rank 20 but killers like Billy, Hannibal, Myer are just way better at it

Being able to refill traps on lockers would be nice. and being able to carry one more trap would help tremendously (Bringing one trap to set location, walk to grab another waste so much of your time)

I definitely want the darkening add-ons to be removed completely. they are so useless on high ranks and occupied so many of my inventory slots, I never use any of them. Most people play on higher brightness so they can see everything anyway, and no one will ever walk on grasses if they are exp

thanks for the reminder on the infinite, there was just someone that tried to infinite me on the stone circle, and the entire game I got stuck in there while he reaches one pellet to the next, and then come back to the circles at end game, killing all of my bloodlusts and had not even 1 hook. I'm not a bad killer by any means and was Rank 1 in each season. might be bad RNG but i don't know

I am seriously considering de-ranking myself back to Rank 20 and stays there permanently so I can have a good time in the game instead of burning out due to frustrations. Since I quitted the game sometime back I was hoping trapper will be buffed at some point but he's still the same and still nerfed

• epicassassin
    epicassassin Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Make it so that disarming will have a moderately hard skill check and if failed, the survivor's hand will get trapped and the killer notified. Would be pretty decent imo. And yes make the traps darker by default and increase the default trap amount to two or three. 
  • robin
    robin Member Posts: 149
    Options

trapper is fun and I like him but there's really nothing that can be done to make him truly viable, his power limits the possibilities. all of the changes that they could realistically make would just be quality of life changes but he'd still be just as underwhelming

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

The developers have specifically expressed a desire to show trappy boi some love so i imagine we will see some good buffs for him in the future. Something i would like to see too help him out is have alot of his addons incorporated into his base kit. Things like more traps, slower disarm time, etc. Would also be nice to have his traps all start armed and in decent RNG spots with the ability to have his traps auto rearm after sometime has gone by. Make disarming his traps require a skill check where failing it would result in getting injured (would work well with his teachable perk unnerving presence). Also allow him to rearm a trap without having to pick it up again and replace it. Something as simple has hold m2 to rearm trap would be a great change.