Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The only Counter To Legion Is Time

So I've said this in a few threads now, the only counter to Legion is distracting them long enough for your Team to do Gens so you can get out of there. You will go down but how long it takes is what matters. The longer you loop Legion the more time your team has for Gens. That's the only counter. Here's an example of me doing just this, my chase was about 4 minutes long, except I had a really bad team so it was for nothing.

So anyone care to brag about your longest Legion chase? And this is why Legion needs more than just a tweak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkINNCO6d1A&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@Gorgonia said:
    I just played against Legion and the only way to counter him is to wait for everybody else to die so he can't use his skill to locate the auras of the last survivor lol

Yeah that bubble screws you up, I love finding people actually trying to hide from it lol

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Or try to escape him
    I know a killer that promotes escaping from a chase and not being in a group, weird.

(Also yes it is possbible but 99% of the time it wont happen)
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

So anyone care to brag about your longest Legion chase?

Not sure now but some of them were a 3-4 gens run.
    Btw, when playing against legion fake the vault, most of them turn around because they expect you to do that ;)
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

God that Legion player plays horrible. No wonder you can run them around like that.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Best counter to legion is intelligence.

As long as I see people healing up against a Sloppy Butcher / Thanatophobia Legion even in Rank 1 I am not surprised at all that people struggle against them. Time-efficiency is what makes you win against ALL Killers.

Wasting time healing up for 32+ seconds only to have them getting injured again 5 seconds later is NOT time-efficient. That's what makes you lose.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    edited January 2019

@HatCreature said:
    So I've said this in a few threads now, the only counter to Legion is distracting them long enough for your Team to do Gens so you can get out of there. You will go down but how long it takes is what matters. The longer you loop Legion the more time your team has for Gens. That's the only counter. Here's an example of me doing just this, my chase was about 4 minutes long, except I had a really bad team so it was for nothing.

So anyone care to brag about your longest Legion chase? And this is why Legion needs more than just a tweak.

What is the purpose of this thread?
    You say that you were able to loop him for 4 full minutes, do you want to be able to loop him even longer?

By the way, 4 minutes is enough for 3 survivors to knock out all gens

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

The counter to every Killer is time. Saying that time counters Legion isn't saying much.
    That being said staying in a chase and juking them well in jungle gyms is the best way to counter them. It's part of the reason I personally rank Bamboozle way higher than other people for Legion because it can shut down a lot of really annoying jukes.
    I think Legion would be fine with just tweaks but they need a lot of number changes as opposed to just one or two pluses or minuses. Juking a bad player for a long time does not mean that the Killer is bad. There's a lot to say on Legion counterplay and balancing but boiling it down to "I juked a killer for a long time once henceforth the Killer is bad" is lazy and insulting. By that logic Nurse is bottom tier because I played against a perkless Nurse once and juked her for the whole game.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited January 2019

@TigerKirby215 said:
    The counter to every Killer is time. Saying that time counters Legion isn't saying much.

OP makes the point that it's the ONLY counter to Legion, not A counter.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953
    edited January 2019
    The sad part is that there’s nothing Legions could do against this besides either leave the person to find a new prey or just pray that Deep Wound will eventually get the survivor they’re chasing. Bringing Thatanaphobia would make Survivors want to heal against Legion (which is something you DONT want to happen as Legion) and bringing Ruin is a joke these days for killer mains with how quickly totems are gotten rid of due to the crummy totem spawns. Tis sad day :cry:
  • HatCreature

@Master said:

@HatCreature said:

You say that you were able to loop him for 4 full minutes, do you want to be able to loop him even longer?

You watch the video? I had a 4 min chase and only 1 Gen got done so while your statement is true I did say I had a crap team. But my point is to show how there is no real counter to this Killer other than running and looping for as long as possible. Your team doing Gens is the counter and if your team is as a crap as mine then you lose. That's not the way to create counterplay for a killer.

• Vietfox
    @PiiFree said:

As long as I see people healing up against a Sloppy Butcher / Thanatophobia Legion even in Rank 1 I am not surprised at all that people struggle against them. Time-efficiency is what makes you win against ALL Killers.

Wasting time healing up for 32+ seconds only to have them getting injured again 5 seconds later is NOT time-efficient. That's what makes you lose.

^ This.
    Resilience and Adrenaline are the way to go when playing with friends. Not wasting time on healing is what makes the genrush real.
  • HatCreature

@Vietfox said:
    @PiiFree said:

^ This.
    Resilience and Adrenaline are the way to go when playing with friends. Not wasting time on healing is what makes the genrush real.

Every time I go against Legion I have teammates constantly begging for heals and I'm like ''NO, DO THE GEN!!'' I love Resiliance and if it wasn't for other Survivors constantly trying to heal me I would run it. I need to get No Mither and Iron Will on my Nea.

• Vietfox

@Vietfox said:
    PiiFree said:

^ This.

Every time I go against Legion I have teammates constantly begging for heals and I'm like ''NO, DO THE GEN!!'' I love Resiliance and if it wasn't for other Survivors constantly trying to heal me I would run it. I need to get No Mither and Iron Will on my Nea.

You can run from them and/or use the pointing gesture if you don't want to get healed. When i play solo i don't run it because i need other kind of perks, but i swear i'm so much in love with Resilience, definitely my favourite perk.
  • Master

@HatCreature said:

@Master said:

@HatCreature said:

You watch the video? I had a 4 min chase and only 1 Gen got done so while your statement is true I did say I had a crap team. But my point is to show how there is no real counter to this Killer other than running and looping for as long as possible. Your team doing Gens is the counter and if your team is as a crap as mine then you lose. That's not the way to create counterplay for a killer.

Thats how you counter any killer besides nurse, You loop and try to waste as much time as possible.
    Your case shows how weak legion is, you prolonged the chase long enough for the other 3 survivors to do ALL gens during a single chase.

• Vietfox
    @Master said:.

Your case shows how weak legion is

Wrong, that video shows that the player behind that legion is bad.
  • Master

@Vietfox said:

I know, but that doesnt change the fact that he is using that 4 minute chase trying to argue that legion is weak while it shows exactly the opposite.

• Vietfox
    Master said:

@Vietfox said:

I know, but that doesnt change the fact that he is using that 4 minute chase trying to argue that legion is weak while it shows exactly the opposite.

I've said it many times, for long chases there are 2 things needed, a good survivor and a bad killer. If killer gets looped for 5 gens it's totally their fault and deserves that.
    In my case one of the main reasons why i've managed to do that it's because killers tried to get their bloodlust 3 instead of breaking the pallet.
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

But... That Legion was so bad... It's really not the killer, it's the player.

• HatCreature

@Swiftblade131 said:
    But... That Legion was so bad... It's really not the killer, it's the player.

It was the player, my arguement is there is no counterplay not that Legion is weak. That particular Legion got everyone else faster than they got me so I was just more experienced than this one. If I was playing Legion and had trouble with someone like this I would switch targets.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019

The only counter against Legion is rush the gens as fast as you can, because if the killer knows what he's doing he will end every chase in 30 seconds or less with no chances for survivors to counter him.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

Use the frenzy against Legion. Fake vaults is big. Btw the time they realize they been faked, you gone in other direction. On console, 360 the ######### out of Legion. Smart play, knowing when and if to heal(you really shouldnt). And for the love of god, juke. I have raked up so many kills as Legion(honestly all killers) because survivors go potato and decide to run in a straight line.

• HatCreature

@lasombra1979 said:
    Use the frenzy against Legion. Fake vaults is big. Btw the time they realize they been faked, you gone in other direction. On console, 360 the ######### out of Legion. Smart play, knowing when and if to heal(you really shouldnt). And for the love of god, juke. I have raked up so many kills as Legion(honestly all killers) because survivors go potato and decide to run in a straight line.

You on PS4? Your name looks familiar. I get juked hard as Legion more than anyone because of the FF. I really need to learn how to anti-juke.

• lasombra1979

I am on PS4.

• HatCreature

@lasombra1979 said:
    I am on PS4.

I thought I recognized you, don't rember our match but I recognized your name.I'm obviously Hatcreature and play Nea when I'm Surviving.

• lasombra1979

@HatCreature said:

@lasombra1979 said:
    I am on PS4.

I thought I recognized you, don't rember our match but I recognized your name.I'm obviously Hatcreature and play Nea when I'm Surviving.

If we were on same team, that was probably my wife. If I was the killer, sorry, I didnt mean to camp

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@Boss said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

It's not though is the big thing. You can counter them with good juke play and stalling tactics if you're willing to force target swapping. They all fall into the context of burning the hourglass but Legion spends more time than any other Killer. So it's not so much "this killer has one counter" as it is "this killer is countered super hard by one thing and one thing alone."
    There are some things to be said about that method of balance and things to be done to make Legion less opressive outside of the time department (fix the moonwalk exploit kthnkz) but it's not a black-and-white case of "durr Legion no counter OP Killer plz rework."

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@TigerKirby215 said:

@Boss said:

@TigerKirby215 said:

It's not though is the big thing. You can counter them with good juke play and stalling tactics if you're willing to force target swapping. They all fall into the context of burning the hourglass but Legion spends more time than any other Killer. So it's not so much "this killer has one counter" as it is "this killer is countered super hard by one thing and one thing alone."
    There are some things to be said about that method of balance and things to be done to make Legion less opressive outside of the time department (fix the moonwalk exploit kthnkz) but it's not a black-and-white case of "durr Legion no counter OP Killer plz rework."

I disregarded your comment cause i don't participate in this discussion.
    Just telling you what OP meant is all.