What do you guys think about this event

Options
RedPoncho12
RedPoncho12 Member Posts: 157
edited June 21 in General Discussions

Maybe I’m blind to it but I haven’t seen anyone really talk about the mechanics of this anniversary event. What’s the general consensus on it? I personally am not a huge fan of this event but I do think their are some aspects about it that are very fun 🤷‍♂️

Edit: just saw a guy post something similar to this after posting lol

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,796
    edited June 21
    Options

it’s cool getting a bill cosmetic again I thought he would never get one again

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 694
    Options

Killer matches are still sub 15 seconds, bonuses are pure liar

So they get matched instantly and get 20k bp, good enough I guess

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 147
    Options

Lets just say I both miss the Bloodmoon and Chaos Shuffle events :>

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I tried getting killer matches and was waiting 10 minutes or more. I guess it depends on the area or something.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 131
    Options

It's basically the same as last year, and for me that was already the best event, but with the addition of the Bag of Tryks. I don't understand how it's not popular. I got many matches with more than 100k bloodpoints thanks to the party totems… and it's not like I'm going to get mad because the game decides to expose me in the middle of a chase.

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 500
    Options

My killer queues are near instant or less then a minute, but it might just be region things.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Yeah, I'm struggling with earning BP, too, and I usually understand and maximize those things. I tried out playing killer a bit on PS4, and I did matches where I double hooked everyone as well as matches where I killed everyone, and I used event hooks and avoided basement hooks, and my BP was not much if any better than a normal non-event match. As survivor, I tried focusing on gens as well as going for the Party Totems and Chests, and I go for invites and activate Quiet mode every chance I get, and I don't get that much for it. I certainly don't profit the way I did last year.

I constantly feel like I don't know what to do with this event.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,914
    edited June 23
    Options

Exactly. I had a game where a team mate died very early to a Tombstone Myers. Per the HUD, they'd co-completed a gen with another survivor and I saw them unhook the first down but then get grabbed by the Myers near the hook and killed. Despite me being the sole escape that game, that person had the highest bp. I wish I could have asked them how they did it after only spending a few minutes in the game.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

I've seen it said a couple times that it's a visual glitch when the scoreboard shows someone earned a large amount of BP. And sometimes I start to think they were right but (I think) people have posted screenshots here of their scoreboards and how they themselves earned a large amount of BP, so I just… I'm at a loss. And I'm definitely interested to know how to earn some extra points in these Tombstone Mikey matches I'm getting.

If someone knows the trick I'd love to hear it.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 247
    Options

Tryks is obnoxious

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,440
    Options

Overall very positive from my perspective, it's been one of my favorites. I don't think I have many complaints at all.

Yes the killer powers are a bit stronger than the survivor ones but it's a 1v4, it's supposed to be that way, it's not a 1v1. If they were individually as strong powers on each survivor as the killers one that would be bad. The window block one and the Endurance one are both pretty meh to me. However the Quiet Mode, Party Pallet and Pallet destroy are all very good. If you're bad at playing survivor the Party Pallet one won't seem as good but if you are good it's very strong.

• Blueberry
    Options

As killer you couldn't get much blood points? I'm averaging 250-350k blood points every match. Use remote hook every chance you get and use the pallet destruction when you're at a loop with survivor.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 254
    Options

Heavily killer sided in comparison to previous events.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

I mean the BP issue extends to the base game as well. It has been obvious for a long time and Behavior won't even so much as acknowledge it.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 365
    Options

I like the random effect-system and tryks herself. At the same time I don't really like using the palette-break because it feels cheap most of the time and the remote-hook is really cool on low-tier killers but feels way too strong on blight and nurse xD

Fake-palettes are super annoying, they aren't strong by themself, but on killers like billy, blight (sometimes) and so on it's really annoying because you nearly can't miss the stuns (alone because of the fact that you get stunned by palettes sometimes besides them ) xD

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 147
    Options

As killer? pretty ok

As survivor in soloQ? a disaster! you have to sweat your nutsaccs off to barely stand a chance. if the killer has more than 2 braincells well GL farming BPs during this ultra-heavy sweaty event
    Honorable mentions to the cuties that either farm or 2 hook.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,997
    edited June 23
    Options

I think survivors are sleeping on Quiet Mode a lot. Probably because the prevalent attitude among survivors is that you run in the killers face and then loop for as long as possible and that's it, that's the extent of their gameplay aspirations, then you quit when you get downed and can't teabag. Stealth gameplay is very underappreciated on the survivors side.

I've escaped tons of chases thanks to on-demand Lucky Break/Iron Will/Off The Record. So I don't agree that survivors don't have anything.

• Nazzzak
    Options

I use it alot in chase. If I break line of sight then I use it and jump in a locker. It's good with Inner Strength too. By the time the killer thinks to come back and check the lockers I've healed up and ready to go again. Still hasn't helped me earn good bp though, which is what I actually want out of this event.

• Seraphor
    Options

I always stop to do gift totems or gift chests when they pop up. They're some of the biggest scorers. Other than that, just surviving as long as possible and repairing gens, and using your invitation skills.

I'm not earning as much as I do on killer but as long as I'm not tunnelled out at the start I'm usually in the 20-30k range at least, which translates to around 100K or more in total.

• Seraphor
    Options

I would just say that breaking pallets/walls should just take a little longer, add an extra second or even just half second, giving the survivor more tine to make distance.

While party pallets should similarly stay up for an additional second before breaking automatically.

Additionally you could adjust the rate at while invitations recharge so that killers don't have these abilities quite so often.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

My only big gripe is killer has tools to shorten chases while survivors have events that extend the game time, for those totems and chests. Killer can get totems too, but adding chests as well with their normal opening time is a bit much.

I also don't want killer to lose those tools, remote hooks and remote breaking is great. But survivor also needs something better to close the gap and event bonus BP needs to be more natural to come across.

• TragicSolitude
    edited June 23
    Options

I just did a match as Doc to test this out. I used remote hook every time, and they always went on an event hook. I used remote destruction for every door (I was on Midwich) and every pallet they dropped. I grabbed invitations constantly. I killed three of the survivors. I maxed out Deviousness and Hunter, altogether I got 34,200 in normal gameplay points… and on the end scoreboard it showed 43,475 Bloodpoints. So all that event stuff I did earned me a little over 9k in event points. That's pretty crap. (There were three Screech Cobblers, so altogether I earned 171,383. Not a great result.)

Just before this I had a match against Legion. They single hooked me, double hooked another survivor, and triple hooked the remaining two (and those two were the only survivors who died). They weren't running Distressing and definitely didn't use their power enough to max out Deviousness. They didn't get a single party totem when those went up. They didn't use remote hooking. I saw them kicking pallets, I didn't notice them using remote destruction. And they ended with exactly 80k on the scoreboard. The killer definitely didn't max out the gameplay Bloodpoints (40k), so more than 40k of their total score was event points… but from where??

And this more and more has me thinking there is a visual glitch somewhere, because I cannot make sense of these results.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,619
    Options

It’s fun, though probably killer sided overall. Remote break and remote hook are both very strong

• Blueberry
    edited June 23
    Options

I just had a Ghostface game where I 4k'd them at 5 gens, so extremely fast match and I still got slightly over 250k. 4 Cobblers and 1 Streamer. The longer and more normal matches get close to 350k.

• Blueberry
    edited June 23
    Options

Remote hook does not counter saves or DS. I've been regularly doing all of them on pick ups. If you're missing them, then your timing is off. Once the remote hook animation has begun the save will not work.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

Yeah, I would've made about 250k in that Doc match if there'd been 2 more BP offerings. But I'm trying to figure out the number shown on the scoreboard, where it shows what all 5 participants made. That's before the multipliers but with the event points. I can't make more people burn offerings, but if I can figure out how the points are made in the first place, well, I do have some control over that.

• Oh_deer
    Oh_deer Member Posts: 19
    Options

remote hook has prevented me from saving/being saved multiple times.

that feels really bad.

killers being able to zone survivors out while destroying pallets with the event power also feels really lame to play against.

on the other hand i've lost only 2 games as killer in 150+ games. so that's fun.

• HamsterEnjoyer
    HamsterEnjoyer Member Posts: 594
    Options

Event would be great without Tryks. I detest her so much shes so generic and boring and her voicelines make me despise playing the twisted masquerade mode to the point once I get the Unknown skin I am not touching it ever again lol. mechanics are pretty fun though no real complaints

• TragicSolitude
    edited June 23
    Options

Okay, so after a few tests, this is the best answer I have.

Played a match where I got lots of hooks and killed all 4 survivors, got invites and used the invite stuff constantly, and got most/all the party totems: 24,550 event points. Did not burn a Cobbler.

Played a match where I 1-hooked 1 survivor, 2-hooked a second survivor, and 3-hooked the remaining 2 survivors; got invites and used the invite stuff constantly; but I was not lucky enough for party totems to pop up: 13,050 event points. I did burn a Cobbler, which showed me getting double the amount of points for using event hooks, but apparently that amounts to diddly squat.

Finally, I played a match where I got most/all of the party totems, but I didn't really do anything else except grab invites and remote break some doors. I didn't feel like doing anything, so no one got hooked. I did burn a Cobbler, and despite the fact that accepting party totems only showed a reward of 3.5k in-match, I got 50,868 event points. Adding up the amount of points I earned from the match with multipliers and all that, the number does seem to be correct, I was actually rewarded that many points.

The only explanation for that (other than it being bugged) is, despite what it showed in-game, party totems counted for double.

I still cannot figure out how other killers who didn't get party totems earned so damn much, but whatever. The experiment shows that, in terms of event points, you need to burn a Cobbler and get lucky enough for party totems (or I guess party chests, if you're a survivor) to pop up during the match. If you don't get that random event, then you don't earn much in terms of event points.

Makes perfect sense that the stuff I put effort into doing rewards nearly nothing and the totally RNG thing that may or may not happen at all and which I may or may not be able to capitalize on is where the points are, and it requires burning a Cobbler to really pay out. Of course, I'm not playing the characters I'm putting points into; the characters I'm playing in the event don't have Cobblers, they have other BP offerings.

I did that on PS4, 'cause that's where I play killer, but I mostly play on Switch, that's where I need BP. I can't play killer on Switch, but as survivor I'm competing with 3 other survivors for the things that pay out, plus I rarely live very long so I don't earn much for the gameplay points that get the BP multiplier, either. The most I can do with this event is have fun with my friend playing survivor and consider BP gains a bonus, which shouldn't be the case for an event, but maximizing BP gains feels out of my control.

Post edited by TragicSolitude on
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

It's cool. I just hope they let us keep the cakes after the event, and don't disable them.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,202
    Options

You usually have to wait at least minutes and if I get 20K on killer on match I win I feel I lost.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,202
    Options

You can always keep/use cakes after anniversary is over you just can't get more of them.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 72
    Options

Killer sided, but I like it

• Nazzzak
    Options

Thanks for the info! I have seen people claim that the totems and chests are the best way to earn bp but the amount of times I've been on the hook when those things go off, or the killer and others collect them first. Plus the chests aren't easy to find unless you're right near them. I've noticed a higher number of Wraiths this event and I swear it's because they wanna zoom and grab all the totems LOL

But yeah, you're right, it's out of our control ultimately. I'll have to just settle this year for minimum. Hopefully they hear our feedback and improve things next year.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 276
    Options

The event is good for BP but otherwise it's pretty…Meh.

I say that because beyond what's given to us, all it really does it bring out the sweats who max out at 2M BP and just run annoyingly powerful builds that are difficult to counter. That and because most of the Cards are lowkey….useless for Survivors

Speed - Makes it like 10x easier for the killer to catch you in a loop

Peekaboo - Free BBQ but for everyone. (It honestly benefits Killer more then survivor.)

Heal You, Expose you - (This is one of the only good ones if you can wait it out, but otherwise Meh.)

Wait, Where? - More in favor of the killer than survivors, basically turns all killers into stealth machines for the next 30 seconds. Nothing more terrifying than a Bubba or Billy coming up from behind and 3-man downing you at a gen.

For Killers though, this event is probably great. Makes it super easy to get kills, unsurprisingly.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
  • Blueberry
    edited June 24
    Options

I mean all my matches during the event run contrary to this. I haven't had a single save or DS not go through from remote hooks, not one.