Playing survivor during the event is absolutely pointless

Options
OnryosTapeRentals
OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 743
edited June 22 in General Discussions

Every other match is just straight up spitefulness from the killer side. Here's me and a random getting bled out for 4 minutes after the Chucky hard tunneled a survivor out at 5 gens.

The reason why we're being bled out? Because Alan unhooked me instead of letting me die on hook and getting hatch. Something which I have NO control over because I'm playing solo queue.

I'm not even exaggerating when I say this week of DbD has been some of the most exhausting and frustrating matches ever. Are there good games in the mix? Sure. But most of them just seem like killers using the event abilities to stomp casuals and rack up a ton of bloodpoints while survivors are left with the dregs.

I hate to sound so negative or "us versus them" but I'm just straight up not seeing this kind of behaviour when I'm playing killer.

Comments

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,961
    Options

By the way, talking about the survivor experience, the first survivor game of today in this mode where I wasn't tunneled out at 5 gens I had 2 of my teammates cooperate with the killer and leading him to me, teabagging while I was on hook. As if this mode attracts the worst kinds of people for both sides.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

Queue up to finish all the challenges, and never queue up in this mode again

That’s my current game plan. I found the killer ones pretty easy but doing the survivor challenges has just been painful.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

As if this mode attracts the worst kinds of people for both sides

Yes, you’re probably right. I guess I’ve just been mostly lucky that I haven’t ran into any major issues with survivors lately.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

I've seen my fair share of unpleasant people on both sides

Yeah I’m sure there are just as many bad apples on the survivor side too. I guess I’ve just have had the fortune not to run into them as of late.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 241
    Options

Its not just killers its survivors too 3 gens done in a second while waiting out the entire EGC i don't know why the event is bringing out scum like this

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

Is there a reason you're playing the event?

I must admit I have no first hand experience (I plan to play a few event matches so I can get Kate's and Yun's masks, but only as killer, and I'm waiting for fast queues and queue bonus, right now it's 150% on survivor all around the clock even late at night), but from what I've seen in streams it's pretty bad for survivors. Maximally sweaty killers, one streamer said "going to the dentist for root treatment would be like a vacation after this event". Another DbD main streamer let the community vote after really frustrating matches whether they wanted to continue to see DbD or play something else because she thought that those sweaty matches weren't fun to watch, and the community overwhelmingly voted to stop with DbD and play something else.

I haven't played a lot at all lately as my experience has already been miserable enough. Yesterday I found enough courage to play a handful of matches, but I played regular non-event queue … to my surprise, the matches went really well, I escaped every single of them. The killers were as bad and clueless as always but the survivors were considerably better than what I usually get. Probably all the "I just play for the giggles and don't mind if we all die with 5 gens left" folks are playing the event queue right now. And I had a blood point bonus on regular queue even though it was late evening when the bonus is usually on killer.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,895
    Options

"Another DbD main streamer let the community vote after really frustrating matches whether they wanted to continue to see DbD or play something else because she thought that those sweaty matches weren't fun to watch, and the community overwhelmingly voted to stop with DbD and play something else"

Yeah I usually watch DBD streams but the event has me all DBD'd out lol I've been watching Still Wakes The Deep and now Elden Ring streams

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 52
    Options

Isn't Chucky terrible when it comes to curving at loops?

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,194
    Options

”Yeah to teach you a lesson”

🤣🤣🤣

I’m sorry for laughing but I can’t help it.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,352
    Options

This event is what finally got me to give up caring about solo queue. The games have just been garbage constantly. I now only focus on getting my archives done as quickly as possible and if that means screwing over my teammates, so be it. I wanna get the event done so I can stop playing.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 265
    Options

I feel you. Survivor is really abysmal to play. I normally play like 50-50, but this event I just stick to killer with challenges if I can. It's an absolute sweatfest from killers. It wasn't like that last year, maybe the occasional sweat, but this year I can fill an ocean with all the sweat killers bring.

When I play killer, I just play for 8 hooks and if there's time after that, I just let everyone stun me and get points. I hope to be a little shining light in the darkness that most killers bring in this event.

It got to the point that I probably give up on the finish x amount of generators. Me and my team most of the time get only 1 gen done and I'm nowhere near that one that's getting completed too.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 96
    edited June 22
    Options

BHVR needs to start banning for toxicity this whole situation is getting out of hand it's been 8 years now and it gets worse and worse my the day. Literally DBD is notorious for it's toxic community and it's just sad at this point

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I tried it, ie to not tunnel when I got the opportunity and playing fair. One single fun game was contrasted with about two dozen of utter sweat fests and survivors showing themselves from their worst side. I know that getting tunneled is not fun, but if you don't tunnel there is really not much that gives you the upper leg. 4 survivors is just too strong and they crank out gens like its peanuts. And basically no one can take a W and just be happy, they all need to rub it into your face in the most assinine way possible. The urge to give in to the dark calling and just become the merciless tunnelmachine at 5 gens is becoming stronger and stronger.

• please_explain
    please_explain Member Posts: 96
    Options

this post should be upvoted so It stays on the top of first page just so BHVR can't ignore it

• mecca
    mecca Member Posts: 227
    Options

This is why one player should never be a Power Role or have an insane advantage over the opponents in a PvP video game. It gets abused.

• Karth
    Karth Member Posts: 138
    Options

You have to do your ultimate best to barely stand a chance as a soloQ survivor, i tried this and worked somehow, played as an acutal team player to the best of my abilities but man, its no fun honestly

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 412
    edited June 22
    Options

Ill say as solo que survivor i haven't had any issues from killers during the event but my team mates have been pretty bad

so many dc give up on hook hide all game. An some start the match an run round the map dropping every pallet or they make noise to tell the killer were you are.

also ive never seen a chucky win at 5 gens was half the team afk or something?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,583
    Options

It's because there's no MMR, so usually no good teammates to combat this. I got good teammates for 1 match, and god was it easy. 4-man escape. But we're usually being put with teammates who think gens will magically get done if they just heal and hide all game.

• danielmaster87
    Options

• danielmaster87
    Options

You're describing survivors. The only reason the tables are turned here is because there's no MMR. They're putting survivors who have no clue what they're doing with killers who do. It's interesting how many people either don't mention bad teammates as a factor in their loss, or they do but they contribute their loss more to an OP/toxic killer. And many times they're not even running strong perks which gives the killer a hard time, but complain about the killer being sweaty.

• danielmaster87
    Options

Yeah, his turning is garbage, like Adrenaline Vial Blight, while he's dash attacking. It's why destroying Scamper was a bad idea, dumbed the killer down, and took away skilled play. They complained that Chucky could simply "slide under pallet 4 free hit," yet I did exactly that, and even at smaller pallet loops WITH the 2% Haste add-on, I usually couldn't catch them before they got back to the pallet, because Chucky is so slow. Now it's the opposite of what they accused Chucky of having before, because now survivors can just drop pallet and you're forced to break it and catch up* (not hit, but catch up) with his dash attack. It's worse than Hillbilly, Blight, and Wesker's in every way, and slower than Ghost Face and Sadako who have stealth. What is the actual point in playing Chucky? But there are those who still swear he's A tier. Madness.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 241
    Options

I dont get why its always the killers ruining events plenty of games i've had like 3 BNPS with gens flying in 5 cobbler games while survivors wait at EGC every event its always the killers just look at this how come this is ok? And please don't go "oh you were playing spirit so your argument is invalid blah blah blah"

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

I did follow up my original post by saying I’m sure there are plenty of unpleasant survivors too. I’m just not experiencing that hence why I didn’t post about that.

Your experience isn’t any less valid, it’s just different from mine.

• Killbutton
    Killbutton Member Posts: 87
    Options

I was so excited that they had a new outfit for Bill. After dealing with all the sweats and a-holes, I don't even want it anymore. I don't bring cobblers in to get tunneled out of the game and get the normal amount of bp. If anything, this even makes me not want to play at all.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 52
    Options

I can only see him being good at stealth and maybe mobility, but otherwise I agree with you

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,309
    Options

I can back this up myself, I've tried playing a ton of friendly 2-hook killer this event and got some truly horrible survivors. To be fair, they may have had bad games prior but I've experienced:

• First hook self-remove
    • Survivors not unhooking teammates
    • Aggressive TBagging at every pallet/window/escape
    • Leaving gens at 99 to try and stall the game in corners with one to two hooks for party pallet spamming elsewhere
    • Extremely toxic endgame chats regardless of what I do, I don't even open it anymore at this point
    • Survivors going full stealth to try and get their SWF runner to take chase to shack/strong tiles like it's a comp game
    • Flashlight clicking post nerf… Which is more funny than it is toxic even if it's their intention

Not saying everyone is like this, but it does happen quite frequently at whatever MMR I'm at. It's just the byproduct of recycling toxicity between both sides.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

LOL well heads up I have only played survivor during the event but will play killer, but playing nice no tunneling. But regarding cakes I'm only putting BPs into survivors right now so when I play killer perhaps I have BPS offerings left or perhaps not so don't get angry if I don't. But I never use map offerings at least 😀 Sorry for not having cakes on killers but have played around 50 survivor games this event and used a cake all games so I hope you will forgive me later 😃

I do have old cakes on Dredge more than 800 but sorry I won't play Dredge because it's a weak and dredgeful killer..

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,560
    Options

Not super sure why you would play Survivor in this event tbh.

Like, other than playing with friends, why would you? You get less BP, less cool powers, most of the Tricks aren't super good for you, lots of people are sweating or throwing for archives etc etc

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

Not super sure why you would play Survivor in this event tbh.

Yeah I've learned this the hard way.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 867
    Options

Issue with these events anymore is it's nothing any different than the main game mode. Bhvr is getting lazy, having to do gens or having to sacrifice on hooks ... for an Anniversary event, why? They already showed us all they CAN implement other types of modes into the game. So why bring out Tryks showing what she looks like debut and still we're playing the same type of trials, kill or survive. Tryks is supposedly all powerful when coming up with changes to the Entity's realm. But this is all we get? Speed boosts, hide assists, or pranked ?... this even got boring quick.

But thanks for the BP Desserts. 🤤

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,786
    Options

honestly I don’t really get why people are sweating in this mode none of the challenges require extensive gameplay

• Doxie
    Doxie Member Posts: 63
    Options

Make sure the take the survey… told them this is the worst even they've come up with yet!! At least for survivor....which of you want blood points...is always survivor....gee I wonder why.... Probably because nobody wants to play it in this mess

• Doxie
    Options

I don't sweat it....if a killer comes in sweaty I just go for my self unhook challenge and move to the next match

• Doxie
    Options

Almost every time I play it's always survivor 150%.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

Make sure the take the survey

Already done! Hopefully they listen!

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Why did the Killer play the Game? Do you know? Was it a break pallet challenge or something?

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

I mean they didn't really break any pallets considering it was a Nurse.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Okay, that's a strange map offering for a Killer to play; that's just why I asked.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    Options

I expected it to be Scratched Mirror Myers or something but I think it was an aura reading Nurse. I didn’t wait for the final survivor to die to check the perks but I think she had Darkness Revealed.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 540
    Options

Nurses keep bringing me to the damn school every time I play against one.

Killers in general seem to use survivor pudding or mori offerings though, genuinely don't think i've seen a cobbler on killer in the last few days (in event mode) normal mode has a few more.

To your main point more generally most killers seem to be going out of their way to hard tunnel at 5 gens or bleed people out (again largely in event mode)

There certainly are more than a fair share of bad survivors too of course, I only play event side for challenges that require it which unfortunately unlike lights out is virtually all of them!

Little oni aside I've disliked every event but I do appreciate they've been separated & I dont have to deal with so much of the bs!