Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Insidious, not slugging is the best way to catch the 4th survivor

Rex_Huin
Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Equip insidious.

Do not use it all game. Wait until there are only 2 survivors left and you hook one of them.

Wait for the last survivor to come to you.

Success!

70% of the time it works every time*

*SWF clause applies.

Comments

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

You have to find the hatch before the person on the hook kills them self, and before the remaining survivor finds the hatch after the person on the hook dies. This will not work as well as you might think.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Rex_Huin said:
    Equip insidious.

Do not use it all game. Wait until there are only 2 survivors left and you hook one of them.

Success!

*SWF clause applies.

So you hook the last guy and then insidious camp the hatch, did I get that right?

What do you do if the survivors simply doesnt jump in and engages a hatch standoff?

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@RushingSnipeBob said:
    "70% of time it works every time"
    wait wha

Glad I wasnt the only one baffled by that.

• Rex_Huin
    edited January 2019
    Master said:

@Rex_Huin said:
    Equip insidious.

Success!

*SWF clause applies.

So you hook the last guy and then insidious camp the hatch, did I get that right?

What do you do if the survivors simply doesnt jump in and >engages a hatch standoff

No you insidious camp the hook. Because you haven't used it all game they don't expect it. Obvs run the risk they go for the hatch but I have had great success with it.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

wait wha

14 out of 10 gamers confirm that.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Vietfox said:

I give this strategy a solid 5/7.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Vietfox said:
    @RushingSnipeBob said:

wait wha

But only 1 out of 0 dentists

• Rex_Huin
    Slugging is unreliable and undignified. After you have caught the last one who knows where the other guy has crawled to? My method of insidiously camping the hook is low effort, achieves equal or better results and is also cunning and evil.
  • Vietfox
    Rex_Huin said:
    After you have caught the last one who knows where the other guy has crawled to?
    Deerstalker and Freddy say "hi".
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    I feel like most solo survivors would leave me for dead and look for the hatch instead of saving me, but that's just my luck.
  • Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

@RushingSnipeBob said:
    wait wha

Glad I wasnt the only one baffled by that.

Oh God, we really have no Anchorman fans here? 
  • Rex_Huin
    Vietfox said:
    Rex_Huin said:
    After you have caught the last one who knows where the other guy has crawled to?
    Indeed that's true but take insidious instead of deerstalker, try this method and you won't look back!
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    This is unrelated but I remember one time I played myers with a tombstone piece. Me and Claudette were in a hatch standoff for quite a while. She tried making enough space to jump in with out getting grabbed.

Well I was almost tier 3 and we ended up pushing into eachother begging for someone to make a move. So I tier 3 and mori her ontop of the hatch. She didn't see it coming and she messaged me saying she was actually crying with laughter which was pretty funny.
  • Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    Rex_Huin said:
    Vietfox said:
    Rex_Huin said:
    Indeed that's true but take insidious instead of deerstalker, try this method and you won't look back!
    I don't slug for the 4K anymore, but if i did i would still use deerstalker for 3 main reasons:
    1 - i personally don't like to use a perk only for a especific mechanic like the hatch.
    2 - deerstalker has more uses, like when you find from 2 to 4 survivors together and slugging could be more rewarding than hook just one and let the others go.
    3 - as a solo survivor i would kill myself if i saw the killer using insidious and the last survivor coming over to rescue me. For me it's more important to not give the 4K to the killer than surviving.