Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Blindness status effect/useless or balanced?

ShyN3ko
ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I reworked many pig addons and then i realized something.
I personally hate the blindness status effect.
I dont use it often.
It can destroy solo players and is useless against SWF.
What is your opinion about Blindness status effect addons and perks?
Are they useless or balanced?

Pig Addon:

Face Mask
Stacks: Yes
Rarity: Uncommon
Description: A modification to the Reverse Bear Trap: the heavy cloth face mask, laced with a sedative, partially suffocates the target, making it hard to concentrate.
Effect: Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from a lower Intoxicated Effect(The clown).

Source:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41229/my-complete-pig-buff-rework-devs-you-can-use-this-if-you-want

Comments

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    It’s useless against SWF, which sadly is more common these days. It’s hard to get every survivor with blindness. Maybe when the new totem update comes out the third seal will be better 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Blindness as an effect could be stronger itself.
    Some people dont even notice their missing auras.
    Important stuff still has the bubbles.

It could slightly distort and darken the edge of the screen for affected survivors ( like wraith or spirit, but more intrusive lol)

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Having actual distorted vision and the normal Blindness would be stronger. Blindness for Solo players, the distorted vision for SWF.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

i wish blindness did what i first thought it did when i bought this game, i wish it made the inflicted persons screen darker, especially round the ages, as if they were in a dark room

• A_Crow
    A_Crow Member Posts: 193
    edited January 2019
    Maybe it could look like the screen in F13 when you get to max fear.
  • ShyN3ko

@A_Crow said:
    Maybe it could look like the screen in F13 when you get to max fear.

Maybe they will rework it,too.
    It would be interesting,

• Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I mean Blindness can be really powerful since Survivors can't see other Survivors on the hook or in the dying state but it's pretty hard to get Blindness on all Survivors.

• ShyN3ko

@Salty_Pearl said:
    I mean Blindness can be really powerful since Survivors can't see other Survivors on the hook or in the dying state but it's pretty hard to get Blindness on all Survivors.

But they still get the bubble notification.