Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Sabotaging Hooks

Fenrir
Fenrir Member Posts: 533
Killers dont usually have to worry about hooks being sabotaged because they come back so fast and jake is crying in the basement so hooks should have an extra minute or 2 for hooks to be down so people like our new buddy jesus perk breakdown and will help countribute against gen rush

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Serious, skilled saboteurs can still pull off this mechanic.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    I sabotaged over half a map with tier 1, then popped em 1 after the other on last gen. This made for a very sad legion with only the basement for an option. Sabo works fine, its all in the execution. 
  • Fenrir
    Boss said:

Of course but i think it needs a bit of a boost for average players
  • Fenrir
    I sabotaged over half a map with tier 1, then popped em 1 after the other on last gen. This made for a very sad legion with only the basement for an option. Sabo works fine, its all in the execution. 
    Yeah but i think it needs some help for baby survs
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I enjoy Saboing hooks and I rarely get much trouble from it as Killer. But I never thought as a Survivor that I would get hurt by a dirty saboing Ace. I still think about that ass every time someone mentions buffing Sabotage.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Why do you want to make the game more beginner-friendly? There are not many things in DbD that actually require skill or timing but effective saboing is one of them.

No offense but such suggestions are exactly the stuff that makes a game boring, if you can play it without any brain activity required. I don't know why people want this, if it was for me they could make everything skill dependent, even dropping pallets or hooking survivors.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Fenrir said:
    So more balancing around rank 20?
    Haven't we learned from Freddy?
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Maybe killers don't have to worry about it, but they all seem to take it personally when I do it :/

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    White_Owl said:

Maybe killers don't have to worry about it, but they all seem to take it personally when I do it :/

I wouldn't say they take it personal, but you are damaging their ability to score points. Naturally they want to stop you.

Not sure how you generally do it, but 99 percenting a hook, then breaking it last second while they have a survivor ready to put on that hook could put you higher on the priority list easily.
  • NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Fenrir said:
    Boss said:

Of course but i think it needs a bit of a boost for average players

Please keep in mind that a game needs to be balanced around its top players. That does apply to all video games and DbD can't be an exception, of course.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Fenrir said:
    Killers dont usually have to worry about hooks being sabotaged because they come back so fast and jake is crying in the basement so hooks should have an extra minute or 2 for hooks to be down so people like our new buddy jesus perk breakdown and will help countribute against gen rush

During the sabo meta, all survivors cried how annoying it is to be slugged and bleeding out on the floor.
    Did you change your mind?

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    edited January 2019
    Do you ever encountered a no mither swf sabo squad? They already can make your killer gameplay a hell. This doesn't need a buff, it already got buffed recently.
    Imagine the killer can deny you from doing gens for 2 minutes.
    Both are objectives, denying doing them how SWF's can do it is unhealthy for DbD 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Tsulan said:
    Fenrir said:
    Obviously no.
  • Fenrir
    Master said:

@Fenrir said:

During the sabo meta, all survivors cried how annoying it is to be slugged and bleeding out on the floor.

Beat me wasnt there and unbreakable
  • Fenrir
    Tsulan said:
    Fenrir said:
    Obviously no.
    Balance around leatherface
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Fenrir said:
    Master said:

@Fenrir said:

Beat me wasnt there and unbreakable

Test it on your own.
    Start a round as killer and make it your goal to slugg all 4 survivors. Only then you proceed to hook them.
    Watch how they react and learn