Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Game is not very enjoyable in current state.

Gardenia
Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
At least in my opinion. Gens are done at lightning speed, Legion needs alot more balancing. It's not very enjoyable to play killer right now tbh.

Comments

• Gardenia
    You need to patrol gens more.Also survivors doing their objective and maybe they opened chest or did 2-3 totems it is not called gen rush. I am sorry but it means you are bad at killer.(even the community manager said these things to me)
    What? No these are real issues. It's not some made reason as to why killers are bad or anything. I hope the devs aren't oblivious to these issues
  • lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142
    Legion needs balance. Use gen pressure, avoid being sucked into death loops, and know when to quit a chase. 

Other option is to run a 3 gen game. Gives you map control and forces all survivors into a smaller area. 
  • Gardenia
    Legion needs balance. Use gen pressure, avoid being sucked into death loops, and know when to quit a chase. 

Other option is to run a 3 gen game. Gives you map control and forces all survivors into a smaller area. 
    The thing about this, is that it's not enjoyable. You can employ all of these solutions, but the end result is that it's not enjoyable :( I'm sorry it's not fun for killers or Survivors in my opinion. It's unnecessarily stressful for no reason. And even when you win, you can barely feel a sense of accomplishment only relief that you manage to make it through the game as killer. Idk, something in the games formula needs to change...
  • Gardenia
    I find it enjoyable. I enjoy trying different strategies. Some work, some don't. Also I guess I may be odd but I don't find playing killer stressful. I realize I win some and lose some. 

I'm happy that you find enjoyment in this game, I used to as well but now it's not quite the same
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

I have lots of fun playing this game tbh, had a sabo squad on estate today and absolutely rinsed them.

10/10 would play again.

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited January 2019

@Gardenia said:
    At least in my opinion. Gens are done at lightning speed, Legion needs alot more balancing. It's not very enjoyable to play killer right now tbh.

There is a long list of killer needed buffs, but since legion are the last killers to join the realm, other ones are more important such as the Freddy rework and maybe Leatherface and Clown buffs, sadly, until that, Legion will continue to be the worst killer in the game.

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Gardenia said:
    lasombra1979 said:

The thing about this, is that it's not enjoyable. You can employ all of these solutions, but the end result is that it's not enjoyable :( I'm sorry it's not fun for killers or Survivors in my opinion. It's unnecessarily stressful for no reason. And even when you win, you can barely feel a sense of accomplishment only relief that you manage to make it through the game as killer. Idk, something in the games formula needs to change...

The joy of being a killer is that you can at least make 20k not even getting a kill and don't have to worry about being camped and playing hook simulator. Sure it's not fun being gen rushed but in reality how many games do killers get gen rushed as opposed to survivors getting camped/tunneled? Granted the devs have kind of pigeonholed this playstyle by nerfing every other survivor mechanic in the game and giving killers free hits through pallets and vaulting animations so a form of objective power creep has occurred. Odds are if survivors are just gen rushing and leaving, they are not pipping either since they didn't get enough points or emblems to accomplish it.

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    You need to patrol gens more.Also survivors doing their objective and maybe they opened chest or did 2-3 totems it is not called gen rush. I am sorry but it means you are bad at killer.(even the community manager said these things to me)
    Telling people to patrol gens is the dumbest excuse out there. You need to chase survivors, and when the matches depend on the survivors mistakes (high ranks) you can’t chase and patrol a generator. It’s not possible.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@MegChicken said:
    Myerinodudd said:

Telling people to patrol gens is the dumbest excuse out there. You need to chase survivors, and when the matches depend on the survivors mistakes (high ranks) you can’t chase and patrol a generator. It’s not possible.

Telling people not to patrol gens is why you lose the game, if you ignore gens you lode plain and simple and good rief the fallacy usage. It's amazing that rank 1 killers can patrol gens, chase and still get 4k even perkless Freddy's.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I agree games can be done very quickly.
    There's a lot of this 'get good' mentality on the forums so be prepared to be told that any issues you have if it be Gen times or SWF is just because you're not a good killer and you should be on par with rank 1s.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@Gardenia said:

I agree, we need more fight-back perks and fight surv perks, game modes, distance-based voice chat, VR....

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Just derank easy fix

• laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

Git Gud, learn the nurse, end of the history.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Myerinodudd said:

What did this community manager say about the depip squad?

We have somewhere a clip from a dev saying tha the experiment was unnecessary, they never claimed that the game is balanced :wink:

• Master

@powerbats said:

@MegChicken said:
    Myerinodudd said:

Telling people not to patrol gens is why you lose the game, if you ignore gens you lode plain and simple and good rief the fallacy usage. It's amazing that rank 1 killers can patrol gens, chase and still get 4k even perkless Freddy's.

Mhm yeah its amazing how broken the ranking system is

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    The only unfun thing about the game is the lobby. I have fun whatever trial I go into. 
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I find the game very enjoyable. A have a blast every time. You can't win them all thoght
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Gardenia said:
    When is it ever?
  • powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@MegChicken said:
    Myerinodudd said:

Yep I mean Marth can get to rank 1, rue can, panda can I mean all these great players cna get to rank one and do well so the ranking system must obviously be broken.

It's almost as if good players can't do well against other good players at rank one because they know how to patrol better, when to chase and when not to chase etc.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@MegChicken said:
    Myerinodudd said:

Yep I mean Marth can get to rank 1, rue can, panda can I mean all these great players cna get to rank one and do well so the ranking system must obviously be broken.

It's almost as if good players can't do well against other good players at rank one because they know how to patrol better, when to chase and when not to chase etc.

uhm what?

The rank system is broken because a complete beginner can become rank 1 straight up in his first month playing, Marth rue and panda SHOULD be relatively alone on rank 1 since its the highest rank and should onyl be achievable by a very small minority

• powerbats

@Master said:

So because someone can get to rank 1 means the skilled players don't belong there whya gain? Now if it's so easy then why are there people stuck at rank 16-20 and everyone isn't at rank 1?

The point is that there's people at rank 1 that belong there and not everyone is a potato survivor side just because the killer does good.

That's always the excuse of last resort when someone does good on a killer since you can't refute that a good killer can and does win against good survivors.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I honestly love the game as it is now. Survivor and killer are both fun. If you are having trouble with gen rush I would suggest Hex: Ruin, even though it may be destroyed early on. Otherwise, Discordance and soon Surveillance are brilliant perks to help you apply more map pressure.

• Master

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

So because someone can get to rank 1 means the skilled players don't belong there whya gain? Now if it's so easy then why are there people stuck at rank 16-20 and everyone isn't at rank 1?

The point is that there's people at rank 1 that belong there and not everyone is a potato survivor side just because the killer does good.

That's always the excuse of last resort when someone does good on a killer since you can't refute that a good killer can and does win against good survivors.

You dont get my point.
    Of course there are skilled players at rank 1 that belong there (marth etc), but fact is that the majority of players who already made it to rank 1 should haver never been able to reach the highest rank in the first place.
    Can you claim that you achived the highest rank (grand master, champion or whatever) in any other competitive game?

And yes, I believe that I dont belong to rank 1 either, but still I can make it up there really fast if I want to

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@CalamariRings said:
    Just add another objective for the survivors that NEEDS to be done to open the gates. Solved. 

Just doing that would actually ruin the game. Certain top tier killers would become way overpowred, such as certain killer add ons and Ebony Mori's.

• powerbats

@Master said:

@powerbats said:

@Master said:

You dont get my point.
    Of course there are skilled players at rank 1 that belong there (marth etc), but fact is that the majority of players who already made it to rank 1 should haver never been able to reach the highest rank in the first place.
    Can you claim that you achived the highest rank (grand master, champion or whatever) in any other competitive game?

And yes, I believe that I dont belong to rank 1 either, but still I can make it up there really fast if I want to

Yes I can claim i've made it to the top in other games before and i've even won tournaments in real life and beat out the touring pro's in those tournaments. While I agree there's people that don't belong in rank 1 survivor side it's not solely because of the pip system.

There's people that're boosted, bought accounts, hacked accounts, then you've got the ones that also got there because the killer afk'd the entire match.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Gardenia said:

I agree, we need more fight-back perks and fight surv perks, game modes, distance-based voice chat, VR....

yes I want more mode if they was another mode I never go back to the normal ranked mode

• My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2019

Patrol your Gens better.

There are perks designed literally around slowing down gen progress.

Ruin, Overcharge, Pop Goes the Weasel, Unnerving Presence, Dying Light, Huntress's Lullaby,Thanatophobia.

Pick one or two of them, and add them to your build.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Gardenia said:

yes I want more mode if they was another mode I never go back to the normal ranked mode

What about the teased 2 killer mode?