Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A better alternative to DC'ing! How Lose Rank While Gaining Lots Of Bloodpoints!

AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

To throw some oil on the fire:

Why DC and lose all your potential bloodpoints? For those of you who hate ranks; here is a guide on how to depip while still gaining tons of BP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32noUQGxyGY&t=1s

I know I didn't depip, because I chose to survive, just because I wanted the 7k * 2 BP (:

Comments

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    Jigmac said:
    And you want to depip just to play against newbie killers so you can stomp them?
    I actually just wanted to sabo and realised the pip system doesnt work on saboing.
  • PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Ok so farm players and don't do the objective. What a fun time for your teammates.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@PolarBear said:
    Ok so farm players and don't do the objective. What a fun time for your teammates.

If you want to do the objective, I recommmend: Switch out premonition for Left Behind. Now you can probably nearly earn your objective points and scores twice as fast (:

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

@PolarBear said:

If you want to do the objective, I recommmend: Switch out premonition for Left Behind. Now you can probably nearly earn your objective points and scores twice as fast (:

I'm not gonna do this. This is what people would call "toxic". You aren't helping your team and basically just throwing.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@PolarBear said:
    I'm not gonna do this. This is what people would call "toxic". You aren't helping your team and basically just throwing.

Everybody throws. Even the Devs throw when playing this game. Barely anyone sides with the killer and everybody misses out on guaranteed double pips as a result.

I did not create this ridiculous rewarding system, I promise you.

• Fizz
    Fizz Member Posts: 71

In a game that has so much toxicity as it is. You want to encourage more?

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@Fizz said:
    In a game that has so much toxicity as it is. You want to encourage more?

Yes.

And maybe after a year people start realising that this "toxicity" has literally been coded into the game under the name: Bloodpoint categories and Emblems.

Edit: And the "ranking" system.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836
    Maybe one day Behavior will actually make changes that encourage good objective and team play, rather than selfish farming.

However, until that day I don’t blame anyone for doing things like this, regardless of how unfun it is.
  • Fizz

Firstly, It wouldn't matter what system they had in place, people would find a reason to dislike it one that replaced it and secondly why would you wanna add more? If you like this game then do what you can to be part of the solution not the problem.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@Fizz said:
    Firstly, It wouldn't matter what system they had in place, people would find a reason to dislike it one that replaced it and secondly why would you wanna add more? If you like this game then do what you can to be part of the solution not the problem.

it does matter what system they have in place. A real ranking systems filters out non-optimal/bad-sports in the higher ranks and good teammates in lower ranks will be able to perform better then their trolling teammembers and thus climb up to higher ranks as well, pushing "toxicity" to the bottom of the ranks.

You can't do that if your "ranking" system is just a grind system.

• Fizz

I can see what your saying but still, Why add to it. If you enjoy the game, do what you can while playing to not be part of the problem. If your part of the problem then as far as I'm concerned I have no time for you.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@Fizz said:
    I can see what your saying but still, Why add to it. If you enjoy the game, do what you can while playing to not be part of the problem. If your part of the problem then as far as I'm concerned I have no time for you.

Part of the problem? I made sure that I got a lot of BP's consistently. I did exactly what the Blood-point Category motivates me to do in order to unlock teachables. (I probably got more BP than my teammates. Who's throwing now?)

I literally played to score Bp, and since rank is meaningless and BP is the only meaningful reward system, I don't see anything wrong with what I did.

The fun fact is that if everybody started to do the same, then the sabo thing might actually start to work xD