Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is Myers the only killer with their own chase music?

BBQnDemogorgon
BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I really hope they give another killer old or new their own music one day.

Imagine if instead of the lobby music they throw in the trash every chapter they just keep the one DbD theme and give the killers in game music instead...

Imagine if the Pig got the saw theme (Hello Zepp) when they were working on that chapter :(

Comments

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

They're not going to go back and tweak already released licensed killers like that. It's a real legal headache. It's the same reason we'll probably never get new cosmetics for them. The most we can hope for is that they'll put more effort into licensed killers going forward, assuming we ever get any. I'm not so sure we will.

While we're on the subject of lobby music, they really should just give us a choice of which music we want. There's no reason to force us to listen to Clown music for several months.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@The_Manlet said:
    They're not going to go back and tweak already released licensed killers like that. It's a real legal headache. It's the same reason we'll probably never get new cosmetics for them. The most we can hope for is that they'll put more effort into licensed killers going forward, assuming we ever get any. I'm not so sure we will.

While we're on the subject of lobby music, they really should just give us a choice of which music we want. There's no reason to force us to listen to Clown music for several months.

They could also do chase music for their own killers.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Bbbrian2013 said:

@The_Manlet said:

They could also do chase music for their own killers.

That's true, but I don't think they can sell that so I don't see it coming anytime soon. Still waiting on that Decisive Strike rework or fix to the hatch standoff. They were testing that publicly more than half a year ago.

• Boaris030
    Boaris030 Member Posts: 145

If I remember correctly the killers used to have their own unique music. Trapper and Wraith had them if I’m right.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    The Halloween music is imo the most iconic out of all the licensed killers, it is also the easiest one to probably take a snippet from and Implement and be highly recognisable.

Who knows if the licensee's also never gave permission to use the music for the others.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Didn't you know they pay John Carpenter to follow Michael around in the game?

damn, beat me to it