The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thoughts On The New "Im All Ears"

Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,155
edited July 14 in Feedback and Suggestions

30 second cooldown is nice but I dont see this getting any value with Distortion being "meta".

It basically acts like a free version of Dance With Me since Distortion hides Scratchmarks when Aura Reading is active on you, and I see it getting in the way of chases more than actually helping chases as a result.

(Accidentally hit send early so I had to go back and edit this post, my apologies for that.)

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited July 14

I don’t see this change increasing the usage rate at all. 10 seconds isn’t gonna be the make or break for whether someone considers it or not. Also yeah, Distortion things.

Realistically I don’t think any of the killer perk buffs are gonna see their usage rates go up much at all. Maybe Oppression a tiny bit. Kinda meh for a perk update for killers in my opinion, I don’t see enough changes that would make me run any of them.

• Iron_Cutlass
    edited July 14

Ill probably use Dragon's Grip and Trail of Torment after the changes since the two are insanely good for stealth and meme'ing around, but to be fair I already used those perks anyways.

I am just a bit disappointed with the Im All Ears changes since they cannot buff it further since many Killers bottleneck it from being buffed and Distortion in it's current state makes this perk useless (and actively work against you).

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

IAE shouldn’t have a cooldown at all. It’s an aura read on a single person up to 48 meters away. Meanwhile Gearhead, BBQ, Lethal, Floods, Darkness and so on are all multiple survivors at once. Also I’ve had too many times where I’m chasing a survivor and another one 20 meters away fast vaults and steals the aura read.

• Iron_Cutlass
    edited July 14

Kind of disagree to an extent.

A lot of Killers bottleneck Im All Ears from being buffed, and many loops would also result in basically near constant Aura Reading with little to no counterplay (Pallets are limited, and eventually you will be forced to use Vault Locations).

It would effectively have the same/similar strength to Weave Attunement + Franklin's Demise but in a single perk slot while also being way easier to proc and having no easy way to counter. I dont think I need to elaborate more on how that is busted on a lot of Killers.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 608

It's not only Perks that hide the aura of the survivor like Distortion or Off The Record. The other issue is that this Perk still has a too large trigger radius. 48meters is way too large and results in situations where a survivor randomly triggers the Perk and it becomes useless since you're not interested in this one or the survivor who you're chasing triggers the Perk too far from you. Players told the developers that this trigger radius is too big and the reason why the Perk is underused besides its long cooldown. However, they chose to not listen and ignore us and then in a week they'll wonder why every killer is still running Pop, PainRes, Corrupt, and Grim Embrace. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ However, the Perk is still decent on some killers like Pyramid Head, Huntress, or Trickster but not so reliable like other ones.

Realistically I don’t think any of the killer perk buffs are gonna
    see their usage rates go up much at all. Maybe Oppression a tiny bit.
    Kinda meh for a perk update for killers in my opinion, I don’t see
    enough changes that would make me run any of them.

True. Darkness Revealed could have been a good Perk but - again the developers - chose to not listen and buffed it in the wrong direction. I'm looking forward the new Machine Learning because this can be cool paired with Tinkerer, Deadlock, and filler. But other Perks are more reliable. Opression, Trail of Torment, and Dragon's Grip will be for sure decent too but only when you do something funny.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Yeah the Darkness Revealed change makes zero sense. Its problems had nothing to do with aura duration, the problem was its range of detection. Still bad.

• AggressiveFTW
    AggressiveFTW Member Posts: 1,049

Why should we have a perk that lets us be brain dead in a constant way? It needs to have a cooldown to not make it basically have brain dead usage on ranged killers especially.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited July 14

I'm All Ears was already pretty solid on certain killers and I think decreasing the cooldown a bit was the best way to buff it. Definitely not meta-worthy (though not every perk needs to be at the same level of Pain Resonance), but it's a relatively balanced perk and one of my favorite chase perks.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

Oppression+Surveillance might get used more. dragon grip could be ok in 3 gen setups. activation timer and cooldown are main problems with that perk. dragon grip should just apply to every gen you kick for 60 seconds like call of brine.

• HexHuntressThighs
    HexHuntressThighs Member Posts: 1,243

Because it provides a singular aura read on a singular survivor for 7 seconds. It needs no cooldown, a 15 second one at most. They’re are plenty of brain dead perks on both sides so that’s not an excuse honestly.