Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Players' names should be hidden until the trial ends

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
Some players rage against the opponents considered toxic and the bad companions, not only during the trial, but also if they meet them again in future matches: this alters the game, creates a hostile climate and destroys the true competitiveness, which requires the sincere ignorance of the opponent's equipment and strategies, as long as they are not revealed in the course of the game. Therefore, the visibility of the accounts of other players before and during the trial must be banned.

A simple proposal:
1) the players' names are obscured at the campfire and during the trial;
2) the game HUD shows the names of the characters under the icons of the survivors: if two or more players use the same character, they are numbered;
3) the players' names do not appear in the endgame screen until the trial ends: who wants to see them before loses the right to watch the game as a spectator (otherwise they could write to some survivors or to the killer and give them instructions and advice).

No toxicity, no revenge, because nobody knows anymore who they are playing with or against. Of course, SWF survivors will keep knowing their companions, but that's not a problem: they chose each other, so they like playing together. :)

Comments

• AgentApple50
    AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38

What about the chat?

• Entità

What about the chat?

How can you chat, if you ignore the recipient's name? Who do you send your message to? :)
  • AgentApple50
    AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38

@Entità said:
    How can you chat, if you ignore the recipient's name? Who do you send your message to? :)

If I were to join a lobby and I am on the lobby screen, what is stopping me from telling everyone my own or someone else's name? What about Steam's "Recent Players" menu?

• Entità

@Entità said:

If I were to join a lobby and I am on the lobby screen, what is stopping me from telling everyone my own or someone else's name? What about Steam's "Recent Players" menu?

When you enter a lobby, you don't see other players' names, just a list of Claudette, Dwight and so on... Real names are hidden in the game session until the trial ends. That's my proposal. :)
  • KissyKissy
    KissyKissy Member Posts: 112

Nah, I like dodging toxic losers.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Don't think its possible as long as its p2p

• Entità
    edited January 2019

Don't think its possible as long as its p2p

I don't know if it's impossible on p2p, but dedicated servers will be implemented soon! **

Nah, I like dodging toxic losers.

What you like is not good for the game: in which competitive game can you select your opponent or your casual companions? O.o

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Idk about you guys, but I like this idea, personally.  As long as it's still possible to identify/report players who break the rules in some manner.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

So if there's 4 Claudettes, the ingame HUD will display: Claudette Morel, Claudette Morel, Claudette Morel & Claudette Morel?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Boss said:
    So if there's 4 Claudettes, the ingame HUD will display: Claudette Morel, Claudette Morel, Claudette Morel & Claudette Morel?

No, they should give them numbers and after the match, real name, and the character name+number should match. Like
    Claudette morel 1 - Delfador
    Claudette morel 2 - Boss

• Boss

@Delfador said:

@Boss said:

No, they should give them numbers and after the match, real name, and the character name+number should match. Like
    Claudette morel 1 - Delfador
    Claudette morel 2 - Boss

Oh.
    That's ugly.

• Entità
    @TAG Incorrect players will be always reportable, as explained by @Delfador and me. :)

@Boss No, guy, the in-game venom and revenge is the first issue of this game: too many people full of anger and wrath, ready to punish, to ruin other players' experience because of true or percepted old wrongs. The anonymity before and during the trial (not after!) would bring peace: more gameplay and fun for all and less personal fury.
  • Boss

@Entità said:
    @TAG Incorrect players will be always reportable, as explained by @Delfador and me. :)

@Boss No, guy, the in-game venom and revenge is the first issue of this game: too many people full of anger and wrath, ready to punish, to ruin other players' experience because of true or percepted old wrongs. The anonymity before and during the trial (not after!) would bring peace: more gameplay and fun for all and less personal fury.

It'd still be ugly.

• Entità
    @Boss Why? :(
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Entità said:
    Some players rage against the opponents considered toxic and the bad companions, not only during the trial, but also if they meet them again in future matches: this alters the game, creates a hostile climate and destroys the true competitiveness, which requires the sincere ignorance of the opponent's equipment and strategies, as long as they are not revealed in the course of the game. Therefore, the visibility of the accounts of other players before and during the trial must be banned.

A simple proposal:
    1) the players' names are obscured at the campfire and during the trial;
    2) the game HUD shows the names of the characters under the icons of the survivors: if two or more players use the same character, they are numbered;
    3) the players' names do not appear in the endgame screen until the trial ends: who wants to see them before loses the right to watch the game as a spectator (otherwise they could write to some survivors or to the killer and give them instructions and advice).

No toxicity, no revenge, because nobody knows anymore who they are playing with or against. Of course, SWF survivors will keep knowing their companions, but that's not a problem: they chose each other, so they like playing together. :)

Well that is basically against the nature of the steam platform

• Boss

@Entità said:
    @Boss Why? :(

Because that's my opinion.
    "I almost caught Claudette 2."
    Sounds stupid.