The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Giving my thoughts on the 2v8 mode announcement

Rlabotath
Rlabotath Member Posts: 125

As before, my opinion is limited in my knowledge and skill.

Limited Maps: Honestly, this makes sense. Most of the newer maps have too many balance issues comparatively, so focusing on the older maps that are well studied is for the best. Extending their size shouldn't be too difficult for the devs.

Survivors repairing 8/13 Generators: This is one more than IDV, and IDV is much more killer sided, so this is going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm going to assume that Killers will have a low kill rate in 2v8 mode comparatively percentage wise to standard 1v4.

20 Chests: Jesus Christ, that's a lot of flashlights. I'm okay with this, but I feel this is almost useless since picking up Survivors doesn't matter.

Entity Chair not Hook: Related to the previously mentioned point, this is a massive buff for Killer. It doesn't solve how fast Gens can go normally, but it's a good change.

Self heal while on death hook: I mean, this should honestly be in the base game, but that's just my opinion…

Trapper: Seeding up your allies is somewhat useful I guess. Trapper is such a bad killer, I don't think having a teammate would improve anything.

Wraith: Making other killers Undetectable is a massive buff, but also buffing his clock/uncloak speed is going to be insanely good.

Hillbilly: I'm sorry, so the whole reason to play Hillbilly isn't even in this mode? There's a Giraffe designing Hillbilly in this mode I know it. Jokes aside, the only victory here is the exposed for your teammate.

Huntress: Granting your teammate vision seems… redundant? If you're in a 2v8 mode, having two killers attacking the same Survivor is wasting time and pressure.

Nurse: The fact she's in this mode explains why it looks super dim for killers, Nurse breaks the game, and this is no exception.

Medic Class: Makes sense having a healing focused class. Seems decent enough, but could be stronger in some ways.

Guide Class: The Genrush class, or the most boring class. I don't think anyone will be playing this class except in "comp" settings.

Scout Class: This class potentially will break the game. If you can scout out a Killer, then Wraith might be necessary for Survivors to not all have perfect info on their location at all times.

Escapist Class: Ahh, the chase Class. This is probably the most balanced class.

Overall… I'm disappointed, I'll keep playing IDV 2v8, and hoping they bring Tarot mode over to DBD

Comments